Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 staying out of the limelight

AlldaySkins

I think we all root for RG3, that's a given.  So here's something to cling to (as everyone knows... I'm a "facts" guy and not a "stats" guy--- I think you'll all find this interesting):

To piggyback off of Bang's post about Jordan, the Bulls record with Jordan was as follows:

1984-85 (Jordan's rookie season): 38-44 - finished 7th and qualified for the playoffs.  Eliminated in the first round.

1985-86 (Jordan's second year): 30-52 - finished 8th but still qualified for the playoffs (America right?).  Eliminated in the first round.

1986-87 (Jordan's third year): 40-42 - finished 8th and qualified for the playoffs.  Eliminated in the first round.

1987-88 (Jordan's fourth year --- and the year that the Jumpman logo appears on the Air Jordan III's for the first time) 50-32 (Eliminated in the Conference Semi's)

1988-89 (Fifth year) 47-35 - finished 6th and made it to the Conference Finals

1989-90 (sixth season) finished 3rd and again, made it to the finals

1990-91 (seventh season) 61-21, 1st in the conference, NBA Champs... and you know the rest.

So after Jordan got his own logo (not some wings) then the ball started rolling.  Great times are ahead.

Facts.

Let it breathe a bit, fellas.

I agree with everything... but, Jordan was the 3rd overall pick, not the 2nd.  Hakeem the Dream went to the Rockets; Sam Bowie went to the Blazers (lmao) and MJ went to the Bulls.

Right you are.  I remembered that Sam Bowie was drafted before him, but I totally forgot that Hakeem Olajuwan was drafted before them both.

I swear some redskins fans and most D.C. media will find anything to **** about.

I know, it is crazy. We have the first good QB that we've had since Brad Johnson and some people look for any reason to try and tear him down. Last year was a fluke, he came back to early from his injury and everything on the team just fell apart last year. All I know is that I have been a Redskins fan for almost 40 years and in 2012 RGIII gave me the most exciting season that I have seen since Rypien was the QB and I thank him for that. It felt good to be a Redskins fan again for the first time in a very long time and hopefully they can fix the OL in the draft so he isn't running for his life on every play this year.

Adidas definitely recognizes the risk,  shoe companies routinely sponsor athletes and if they hit on one, they stand to make a ton of cash.. Michael Jordan has made plenty on Nike, but Nike has made MUCH more on him.

they don't bet to lose if they can help it.

if he doesn't win a Super Bowl, it only causes damage among the Kardashian Kulture. Who else cares except the drama queens who live for controversy and failure?

because their criticism would be either "who does he think he is?"- well, we know who he is, and so does every other football fan on the planet.

OR

"He wastes too much time worrying about logos and what-not when he should be studyin' the playbook".. which would indicate a person too stupid to deal with on a reasonable level.

Anyone with any sense recognizes that the people who have deals like this don't really do much. In fact, they are expected to do everything to excel on the field, because the success of the shoe company's investment is reliant upon it.

Yelling and causing controversy about this is only media bull**** directed to stampede the idiots. Their world is driven by clicks.

The way to look at this is not "Will this cause a distraction" because the answer is not only no, but, lol, holy crap no, i can't believe you said that, maybe you shouldn't be driving.

the way to look at this is "So what. The folks complaining about this are wasting more time from their own jobs worrying over it and posting blogs about it than he ever did, and it's his company."

~Bang

It makes sense for Adidas but hopefully it doesn't put undue pressure on RG3.

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII[/size]  8m

Coach supports his players, New Year "@ProFootballTalk: Jay Gruden: RG3 works out more than anyone I've ever seen http://wp.me/p14QSB-9shf 

Bad move man

Gruden's quotes about Robert bear repeating.  

“He works out more than anybody I’ve ever seen.”

and

"As far as dedication and his desire to win and his work ethic, that is not to be questioned. He’s unlike anybody I’ve ever seen as far as that’s concerned.”

Coach supports his players, New Year "@ProFootballTalk: Jay Gruden: RG3 works out more than anyone I've ever seen http://wp.me/p14QSB-9shf 

Bad move man

I'm starting to think RG3 may end up being a coach killer. With a tweet like this it makes you wonder how much he reads into the media and what Jay might say that he'll take the wrong way. If I'm Jay gruden I'm talking on egg shells around RG3 to make sure I stay on his good side, and that's a rotten environment to be in. Why is he tweeting articles about himself btw. Jesus christ, why can't we have a QB who doesn't ****ing use twitter and just wins football games. 

The snarky comment about the previous coaching staff, maybe? I'm as big a fan of Griffin as the next guy and own his jersey, but he comes across as a bitter child by tweeting what he did. Just my opinion

It's not just your opinion man, it's clear as ****ing day to any reasonable person. It's seriously childish and petty.

Rob continued:

Robert Griffin III (@RGIII):Players have each other's back, New Year

"@ProFootballTalk: Trent Williams defends DeSean Jackson http://t.co/13kXea8qFx%E2'>

Robert Griffin III (@RGIII):New Year. New Team. One Goal. Win!!! Back at it in the morning. Right now off to watch this championship game! Enjoy

Just sounds like a couple of optimistic statements for the team after a good day of work to me.

Yeah I'm not sure how one jumps to the conclusion that he is taking a subtle shot at Mike Shanahan.  I just think its very easy for things to get taken out of context on Twitter, especially when the text is rather vague from time to time.

You know my stance on Rob and Twitter but that one seemed like a shot at Mike, especially with the "New Year" part. 

You know my stance on Rob and Twitter but that one seemed like a shot at Mike, especially with the "New Year" part. 

Well I think it could easily be seen that way. I'm not denying that he may have some harsh feelings towards Shanahan.... I sure as hell would. But I think there is very good reason to believe that he simply appreciated what Gruden had to say, and that he's anxious (and reinvigorated) to get things started this offseason.

There's not enough there to suggest he's taking shots, and certainly not enough for people to get upset over.

I know, it is crazy. We have the first good QB that we've had since Brad Johnson and some people look for any reason to try and tear him down. Last year was a fluke, he came back to early from his injury and everything on the team just fell apart last year. All I know is that I have been a Redskins fan for almost 40 years and in 2012 RGIII gave me the most exciting season that I have seen since Rypien was the QB and I thank him for that. It felt good to be a Redskins fan again for the first time in a very long time and hopefully they can fix the OL in the draft so he isn't running for his life on every play this year.

How do you know last year was a fluke? One could just as easy say 2012 was. We don't know.

And how did he come back too early if he was cleared 100%?

How do you know last year was a fluke? One could just as easy say 2012 was. We don't know.

And how did he come back too early if he was cleared 100%?

Because as has been pointed out to you numerous times, being 100% healthy and being 100% ready to play football are two completely different things.

He was medically cleared to play which means that his knee was structurally solid and not at further risk of injury.

That doesn't mean he wasn't rusty, gun shy, had cleared all mental hurdles required and was in sync with his teammates. The mental aspect is the most important part and not something Dr Andrews can clear him for.

I dont care about the logo, but i dont care what rg3 has to say until we win a few playoff games. Shut up.

Seriously, defending desean jackson's choice not give his team 100% is not "having your teammates back." It is merely accepting mediocracy.

Because as has been pointed out to you numerous times, being 100% healthy and being 100% ready to play football are two completely different things.

He was medically cleared to play which means that his knee was structurally solid and not at further risk of injury.

That doesn't mean he wasn't rusty, gun shy, had cleared all mental hurdles required and was in sync with his teammates. The mental aspect is the most important part and not something Dr Andrews can clear him for.

If he was cleared, waiting another month wouldn't have changed a thing. I'm well aware of the mental aspect of it. That's different. Most people that say "he came back too early" are usually those that think he wasn't healthy enough to be out there. Which is dumb.

I'm baffled by fans, of sports in general, that act like the players owe them something.

Griff doesn't owe any of us anything.  Nothing.  Nada.  

He's marketing himself, so what?  Who cares?  Good for him.  Make that cash while you can.

He do owe the redskins something girl friend, dat he do. Ackn like a fool all up twittah aint what dey done needed, no sahiir. New year.

Archived