88Comrade2000

Current NFL Openings

1. Raiders - 

2. Jaguars - 

3. Broncos -

4. Bears -

5. Vikings - 

6. Dolphins -

Now that openings have doubled, I still think the Raiders is the best opening because you have a playoff team.

Jags still second because of Trevor and having the #1 pick.

Bears would be third due having Justin.

Dolphins did have 2 winning seasons but Tua isn't that great. If they really can get Watson, they are #2.

Vikings - Yeah Cousins is a downer but their other pieces on offense could get them a decent coach.

Broncos - They are at bottom in terms of attractive openings.

So, who else could make a change.

Despite saying he was coming back, Giants should move on from Judge. If Dallas loses  to San Fran; I can see Jerry fire McCarthy and give the job to Kellen Moore. Houston could make a change; especially now that Flores is available. Tepper has said Ruhle is back, but he could change his mind. ESPN mentioned that Sean Peyton may want to go the Bears, despite his contract extension. Seattle could move on from Pete Carroll.

I think Jim Harbaugh might return to the nfl.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Flores being gone to me is that this a push for Watson. "What Coach do you want"

Maybe they have harbaugh lined up

They must, otherwise, bird in hand, right?

https://sports.yahoo.com/shocker-after-two-promising-seasons-dolphins-fire-coach-brian-flores-143542114.html

The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs in Brian Flores' three seasons, so they moved on.

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Current NFL Openings

1. Raiders - 

2. Jaguars - 

3. Broncos -

4. Bears -

5. Vikings - 

6. Dolphins -

Now that openings have doubled, I still think the Raiders is the best opening because you have a playoff team.

Jags still second because of Trevor and having the #1 pick.

Bears would be third due having Justin.

Dolphins did have 2 winning seasons but Tua isn't that great. If they really can get Watson, they are #2.

Vikings - Yeah Cousins is a downer but their other pieces on offense could get them a decent coach.

Broncos - They are at bottom in terms of attractive openings.

So, who else could make a change.

Despite saying he was coming back, Giants should move on from Judge. If Dallas loses  to San Fran; I can see Jerry fire McCarthy and give the job to Kellen Moore. Houston could make a change; especially now that Flores is available. Tepper has said Ruhle is back, but he could change his mind. ESPN mentioned that Sean Peyton may want to go the Bears, despite his contract extension. Seattle could move on from Pete Carroll.

I think Jim Harbaugh might return to the nfl.

Did I miss something about the Raiders firing their head coach after making the playoffs last night?  

7 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Did I miss something about the Raiders firing their head coach after making the playoffs last night?  

The dude they got now is interim. Going to the playoffs is good for his resume, but in the end, he's still still interim until the team says otherwise.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

They must, otherwise, bird in hand, right?

https://sports.yahoo.com/shocker-after-two-promising-seasons-dolphins-fire-coach-brian-flores-143542114.html

The Dolphins didn't make the playoffs in Brian Flores' three seasons, so they moved on.

When the front office gutted the roster as they tanked, he still got like 5 or 6 wins.  The man can coach.  There is a lot more mediocrity that got more of a chance than him.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

When the front office gutted the roster as they tanked, he still got like 5 or 6 wins.  The man can coach.  There is a lot more mediocracy that got more of a chance than him.

Totally agree with you, this was a bonehead move firing him. Grass is not always greener on the other side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

When the front office gutted the roster as they tanked, he still got like 5 or 6 wins.  The man can coach.  There is a lot more mediocracy that got more of a chance than him.

Yeah, I would take Flores to be my coach any day. The Dolphins clearly don't know what they're doing. 

I mean, look at the talent on that team. They were 10th in DVOA on defense and who's their best player?  Ogbah? Holland? Wilkins? I mean, all decent player, but that is the top line talent on a good defense?

They have an OK group of receivers (Waddle, Gesicki, Parker) and that's their best position group. For that team to end up 9-8 is practically miracle work.  

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The dude they got now is interim. Going to the playoffs is good for his resume, but in the end, he's still still interim until the team says otherwise.

There's no question that he's the leader in the clubhouse to get the job out-right though. He's done a great job navigating some ridiculous situations, and honestly has earned the respect of the team, from what I hear.

Also, I think if they win a game in the playoffs, he's a lock, and it's a lock they bring back Carr.   (Which is bad for us because you want as many QBs available as possible this off-season.)

• Like 2

So I would have to imagine Flores will get a lot of interest from the other teams with HC openings. 

I think the Raiders still with their dude.  Why upset the apple-cart?  

If Harbaugh returns to the NFL, though, it's most likely in either MIami or Vegas.  

I don't think Sean Payton leaves the Saints.

I do think Carroll will retire here soon, opening up Seattle. I think this would be a spot Eric Biennemy might land.  

I'd take Gangio or Zimmer as DC over JDR.  I don't think Ron will make a change, though.  And the players really like JDR. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Fangio got some interest as a HC.  Everybody knows what he's been dealing with at QB, so they he might get a look or two,  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pissed about Gettleman retiring.  That mother****er was the only thing keeping us from being the absolute laughingstock of the NFC East.  Anyone else they can get will surely be better than that guy.

Pray Ron doesn't decide to bring him over, too... 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pissed about Gettleman retiring.  That mother****er was the only thing keeping us from being the absolute laughingstock of the NFC East.  Anyone else they can get will surely be better than that guy.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1