Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep that's exactly what it is. He'll be forever revered in New Orleans and deservedly so, but its pretty weak to just up and quit right when you know you're going into likely mass rebuilding and no QB of the future on the roster.

My guess is he takes a year off to recharge his batteries, then coaches Dallas next year.

I agree with you, it is pretty weak to do that to his team, but that's how it is in all sports now.  There is no loyalty.  If players feel the team isn't surrounding them with talent, they request a trade.  Everything is viewed in a selfish "what can I do to benefit me" perspective.  And down the road, when discussing Sean Paytons legacy, this will be a tiny footnote, just like when Josh McDaniels bailed on the colts after all the assistants were already hired.  Or Saban lied through his teeth to his dolphins players.  Belichick w the jets, petrino w the falcons.  No one has any problem with being a snake if it benefits them personally.

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Just heard on the radio (BMitch and Finlay) that Leftwich told Khan that he won’t take the job if Balke stays on as GM.  They are now interviewing Fangio.

Baalke being shown the door and Adrian Wilson from the Cards is being hired allegedly.  Leftwich will be his coach.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2022/1/27/22904619/jacksonville-jaguars-reportedly-close-to-hiring-adrian-wilson-as-gm-byron-leftwich-as-hc

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Unlike yesterday’s false report; we do have our first hire.

Broncos hire Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett.  

If Aaron leaves Green Bay; I think Denver will be his likely destination.

I think this hire was endorsed behind the scenes by Rodgers.  Denver has to know Aaron would like to work with him.  They have the cap space to make the moves.

My God, if Rodgers and Adam’s end up in Denver, the AFC west will be STACKED. 

On 1/26/2022 at 6:55 PM, KillBill26 said:

I agree with you, it is pretty weak to do that to his team, but that's how it is in all sports now.  There is no loyalty.  If players feel the team isn't surrounding them with talent, they request a trade.  Everything is viewed in a selfish "what can I do to benefit me" perspective.  And down the road, when discussing Sean Paytons legacy, this will be a tiny footnote, just like when Josh McDaniels bailed on the colts after all the assistants were already hired.  Or Saban lied through his teeth to his dolphins players.  Belichick w the jets, petrino w the falcons.  No one has any problem with being a snake if it benefits them personally.

No loyalty?  He's been the head coach there since 2006, he's earned the right to retire or step away.  And it's nothing like Josh McDaniels, Payton retired after the season was over.  He's a snake?  :rofl89:  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Source: Minnesota Vikings reach out to Jim Harbaugh about head-coach vacancy

The Minnesota Vikings reached out to the University of Michigan and received permission to speak to Jim Harbaugh about their open head-coach job, a source told ESPN's Courtney Cronin.

Though a formal interview has yet to take place, the Vikings had conversations with Harbaugh on Saturday afternoon, with the sides gauging interest in each other, the source said.

Harbaugh has emerged as a candidate in part because of a strong relationship with new Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, with whom Harbaugh overlapped while he was head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Adofo-Mensah was in San Francisco's front office in research and development and worked with Harbaugh in 2013 and 2014.

A source told Cronin that the relationship between Adofo-Mensah and Harbaugh is one of the primary drivers of the franchise's interest in Harbaugh.

Click on the link for more

So, based on what I can tell:

Chicago:
HC - Matt Eberflus (Formerly Colts DC)

GM - Ryan Poles (Formerly VP of Personnel in KC)

Denver:

HC - Nathanie Hacket (Formerly OC of Green Bay)

Las Vegas:

HC - Josh McDaniels (formerly OC of Patriots)

GM - Dave Ziegler (Formerly Personnel dept with the Patriots)

Minnesota

HC - Open

GM - Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Formerly VP of Football Ops in Cleveland)

New York Giants

HC - Brian Daboll (Formerly Bills OC)
GM - Joe Schoen (Formerly Bills Assistant GM)

Houston

HC - Open

Jacksonville

HC - Open

Miami

HC - Open

New Orleans 

HC - Open

I don't think any of the open HC jobs have open GMs.

I think from a QB perspective, now that the Raiders have their guys, decisions can be made about Carr.

Baalke is pulling the old Rasputin on Khan just like Pelinka is doing with Jeanie Buss and Easterby down in Texas with McNair. Those three stooges are going to absolutely ruin those franchises. I hope that story about what Leftwich told Khan is true. Takes balls to say something like that when you're up for your first gig as a HC.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, China said:

Source: Minnesota Vikings reach out to Jim Harbaugh about head-coach vacancy

The Minnesota Vikings reached out to the University of Michigan and received permission to speak to Jim Harbaugh about their open head-coach job, a source told ESPN's Courtney Cronin.

Though a formal interview has yet to take place, the Vikings had conversations with Harbaugh on Saturday afternoon, with the sides gauging interest in each other, the source said.

Harbaugh has emerged as a candidate in part because of a strong relationship with new Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, with whom Harbaugh overlapped while he was head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. Adofo-Mensah was in San Francisco's front office in research and development and worked with Harbaugh in 2013 and 2014.

A source told Cronin that the relationship between Adofo-Mensah and Harbaugh is one of the primary drivers of the franchise's interest in Harbaugh.

Click on the link for more

I would love to see a Harbaugh/Cousins pairing.

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, based on what I can tell:

Chicago:
HC - Matt Eberflus (Formerly Colts DC)

GM - Ryan Poles (Formerly VP of Personnel in KC)

Denver:

HC - Nathanie Hacket (Formerly OC of Green Bay)

Las Vegas:

HC - Josh McDaniels (formerly OC of Patriots)

GM - Dave Ziegler (Formerly Personnel dept with the Patriots)

Minnesota

HC - Open

GM - Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Formerly VP of Football Ops in Cleveland)

New York Giants

HC - Brian Daboll (Formerly Bills OC)
GM - Joe Schoen (Formerly Bills Assistant GM)

Houston

HC - Open

Jacksonville

HC - Open

Miami

HC - Open

New Orleans 

HC - Open

I don't think any of the open HC jobs have open GMs.

I think from a QB perspective, now that the Raiders have their guys, decisions can be made about Carr.

The NFL still has 5 chances to hire a minority.

Houston - Since they fired a minority, not happening. QB Josh McCown is favorite to get the job. The new puppet.

Jacksonville  - Keeping the GM, is killing things for Kahn. He's botching things big time. No clue who he hires, but I se Trevor wanting out when his rookie contract is up.

Miami - Fired a minority.  No clue what Ross wants. I know he said won't poach Harbaugh from Michigan but Jim is looking to leave. 

Minnesota - Interviewed  Harbaugh. I would give Leftwich a call. 

New Orleans- I would also give Leftwich a call.

I could see no minorities getting hired this cycle but if it happens; New Orleans and Minny seem like the best chances for a minority hire.

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The Coaching Thread - Race to Black Monday 2022: 1/10/2022
23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The NFL still has 5 chances to hire a minority.

Houston - Since they fired a minority, not happening. QB Josh McCown is favorite to get the job. The new puppet.

Jacksonville  - Keeping the GM, is killing things for Kahn. He's botching things big time. No clue who he hires, but I se Trevor wanting out when his rookie contract is up.

Miami - Fired a minority.  No clue what Ross wants. I know he said won't poach Harbaugh from Michigan but Jim is looking to leave. 

Minnesota - Interviewed  Harbaugh. I would give Leftwich a call. 

New Orleans- I would also give Leftwich a call.

I could see no minorities getting hired this cycle but if it happens; New Orleans and Minny seem like the best chances for a minority hire.

Yeah, it's a really sad state of affairs with the diversity issue.

The other guy who I think should get a shot is Biennemy.  

I think Biennemy or Leftwhich would be good candidates for either NO or Minny. 

I actually think Leftwich to NO would be a really good fit.  Though they don't have a QB, that's a town that would really embrace him, I think.  

Biennemy might be able to make things work better with Kirk.  I think Harbough would dump him somehow as soon as he could.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it's a really sad state of affairs with the diversity issue.

The other guy who I think should get a shot is Biennemy.  

I think Biennemy or Leftwhich would be good candidates for either NO or Minny. 

I actually think Leftwich to NO would be a really good fit.  Though they don't have a QB, that's a town that would really embrace him, I think.  

Biennemy might be able to make things work better with Kirk.  I think Harbough would dump him somehow as soon as he could.  

I am just laughing at what Houston is doing. When they get that Watson bounty; they will botch it.