Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

One more week until Black Monday.

Nfc East- Dallas and Philly have no changes, unless they lose a coach; who gets a head coaching gig. NY will have a new gm. They really should move on from Judge. TanDan needs to have a meeting with Ron and the Martys next week. Talk about what went wrong and how to fix  that. Also, talk about Ron's assistants. Do we make coaching changes there. Finally, what are plans to upgrade at QB.

Nfc north- No change for green bay or Detroit, unless they lose assistants. Chicago is getting rid of Nagy and maybe their gm. Could the Saints Peyton come here? Vikings getting rid of Zimmer anbd maybe their gm.

Nfc South- No change for Atlanta and Tampa unless they lose an assistant. Tampa could see both their coordinator get head coaching jobs. Carolina could see Tepper just move on from Ruhle. New Orleans could see a new coach if Sean decides it's better to move on to a new team.

Nfc west- No change for LA, San Fran and Arizona unless they lose an assistant. I think Pete Carroll moves on from Seattle. 

AFC West- No change for San Deigo and Kansas City, except maybe losing an assistant. Does the Raiders keep the interim coach, if they make the playoffs? Does Denver change coaches with the team ownership unsettle?

AFC south- No change for Tennessee and Indy, except maybe losing an assistant. Houston, may or may not move on from Culley. Jacksonville betterget tged right coach this time.

AFC north- unless they lose an assistant, no change to all 4 teams.

AFC east- unless they lose an assistant,  no change to all 4 teams.

I figure there will be at least 4 more openings, in addition to the 2 now open.

Edited by Rdskns2000

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

One more week until Black Monday.

Nfc East- Dallas and Philly have no changes, unless they lose a coach; who gets a head coaching gig. NY will have a new gm. They really should move on from Judge. TanDan needs to have a meeting with Ron and the Martys next week. Talk about what went wrong and how did that. Also, talk about Ron's assistants. Do we make coaching changes there. Finally, what are plans to upgrade at QB.

Nfc north- No change for green bay or Detroit, unless they lose assistants. Chicago is getting rid of Nagy and maybe their gm. Could the Saints Peyton come here? Vikings getting rid of Zimmer anbd maybe their gm.

Nfc South- No change for Atlanta and Tampa unless they lose an assistant. Tampa could see both their coordinator get head coaching jobs. Carolina could see Rapper just move on from Ruble. New Orleans could see a new coach if Sean decides it's better to move on to a new team.

Nfc west- No change for LA, San Fran and Arizona unless they lose an assistant. I think Pete Carroll moves on from Seattle. 

AFC West- No change for San Deigo and Kansas City, except maybe losing an assistant. Does the Raiders keep the interim coach, if they make the playoffs? Does Denver change coaches with the team ownership unsettle?

AFC south- No change for Tennessee and Indy, except maybe losing an assistant. Houston, may or may not move on from Culley. Jacksonville betterget tged right coach this time.

AFC north- unless they lose an assistant, no change to all 4 teams.

AFC east- unless they lose an assistant,  no change to all 4 teams.

I figure there will be at least 4 more openings, in addition to the 2 now open.

Payton is under contract for five more years.  

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

New Orleans could trade him, if he wants to leave.

Has a coach been traded since Gruden?  He cost two firsts and two twos.  Would the Bears be willing to go three straight years without a first rounder plus other picks just to get Payton?  I’d seriously doubt it.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, DWinzit said:

Hope Khan takes his time and stays with the coaches with NFL experience. He should interview all the guys below

McDaniels, Jim Caldwell and Hackett were the first that came to mind. Personally I would remove McDaniels and look hard at the other two.

Bienemy, Moore and Leftwich are all names you have posted that I have heard mentioned as well. They fall into a similar group as the recent hot coaches with Bienemy being the most due to get a HC job.  Any good Washington fan is rooting for Moore :ols:

Oh also heard Pederson mentioned.

Caldwell is a great bridge coach to get them to a certain place. He is respected around the league and would bring some legitimate assistants with him to Jax

7 minutes ago, method man said:

Caldwell is a great bridge coach to get them to a certain place. He is respected around the league and would bring some legitimate assistants with him to Jax

I think he would be a great fit. I am sure he can bring in some legit assistants. He would need real good OC to work with Lawrence

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Saw that Bill O’Brian is a candidate for Jax.  That would be such an inspiring move.

He wasn’t that great of a coach.

Whoever the best person to develop Trevor is who the Jags should hire.

If Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan; he could go to Chicago or Vegas.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He wasn’t that great of a coach.

Whoever the best person to develop Trevor is who the Jags should hire.

If Jim Harbaugh leaves Michigan; he could go to Chicago or Vegas.

Ha.  I meant to type “uninspiring”.  Not sure it autocorrected or I flaked out.  Yes, BO’B would be a very bad hire.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:57 AM, Warhead36 said:

Matt Nagy kinda got a raw deal. The Bears did make the playoffs under his tenure 2 out of the 3 previous years. They trade up to draft a QB in the 1st who is clearly raw AF and Nagy knew that and sat him on the bench to start him(which was absolutely the correct call after watching Fields play so far)but now he's forced to play him, the kid stinks, they're losing games, and he's gonna get canned. I'm not saying he's some brilliant coach, but the situation was entirely effed from the start. The lesson is: never draft a QB when your coach is on the hot seat.

The question I have is why do these GMs keep taking these raw ass QBs who barely played in college?

Joe Judge should've never been hired in the first place. Not even close to being an NFL caliber HC. It's laughable what he has done in NY. If they keep him, they're complete morons.

Fangio made Nagy look good in Chicago. The former is now out as HC, and the latter should be too.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Not hear coaches, but …

Between the three, I actually think Bill would be the best OC.

I have no idea how good an OC Kevin O’Connell is, Sean McVay is the defacto OC. 

Jay would be the last on my list.  But eh, whatever.

10 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Fangio is out.  If I’m Khan, I’m grabbing Moore to be the HC and see if he can bring in Fangio as his DC.

I would upgrade from Jack to Fangio in about 7 seconds, but I doubt Ron would do that.

5 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Joe Judge should've never been hired in the first place. Not even close to being an NFL caliber HC. It's laughable what he has done in NY. If they keep him, they're complete morons.

I want him to stay exactly where he is.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bill O'Brien isn't a bad head coach. He's just an awful personnel guy. Let him stick to coaching and you'll win games. 

Just make sure you don’t give him players that have children out of wedlock.  Because, to O’Brien, that’s an Aaron Hernandez-like situation.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/michael-irvin-reveals-shocking-details-of-conversation-between-deandre-hopkins-bill-obrien

Just saw this:

Vikings fired general manager Rick Spielman. 

It's a stunner of a move after the team was reportedly settled on keeping Spielman while axing head coach Mike Zimmer. Both men are likely gone after a third straight season in which the team missed the postseason. Vikings ownership apparently grew tired of spending big and getting no return for their investment. Spielman's and Zimmer's fate was always attached to Kirk Cousins' success -- or lack thereof. The team will start over in 2022, perhaps moving on from Cousins after years of erratic play in an offense that should be far better than it has been. Studs Justin Jefferson and Dalvin Cook make the Vikings an appealing destination for the team's next general manager and head coach.