Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Florida teams seem to love their NCAA head coaches. The Dolphins with Nick Saban, the Buccaneers with Greg Schiano, now the Jags. I expect Meyer to follow Nick Saban's path.

Same.

I don't understand what these types are thinking. Their success is predicated on recruitment of highschool's best athletes.  It just doesn't translate to the draft and FA.

39 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Arthur Smith, Titans OC, is the  Falcons new coach.

Yet another ex redskins coach who made it to head coach. 

We may have sucked something awful over the last two decades but somehow we've been the masters at scouting head coaching potential. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Brandon Staley goes across town to the Chargers.

USA Today: Los Angeles Chargers to hire Rams defensive coordinator Brandon Staley as next head coach   

NFL Coaching Hires

Falcons- Hired Arthur Smith

Chargers- Hired Brandon Staley

Jets- Hired Robert Saleh

Jaguars- Hired Urban Meyer

Lions- probably hiring Dan Campbell

Texans- 

Eagles- 

NFL Coaching Hires

Jets- Hired Robert Saleh

Lions- Hired Dan Campbell

Texans- 

Eagles-  Hired Nick Sirianni

Talk about what a joke the Texans are.  They still have no coach and they star QB probably wants out. 

3 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The Texans are either going through an offseason where the only person they can land is Jim Zorn, or they're waiting for Bienemy so that they can drive him out to Watson's house to hold a boombox on the front porch.

I swear!! The Texans have gone full blown Blazing Saddles. I halfway expect Cleavon Little to come riding into the introductory press conference on a horse. McCown was interviewed for HC?!?! Come on, now.

• Haha 2

While this year's coaching hiring season is almost done; if those pathetic Texans can find someone.  If I were Eric Bieniemy; I wouldn't take the job if offered.  Houston is a lousy organization.  Watson will be gone.  It's better to wait until next year.

Coaches on the hot seat for 2021:

1. Mike Mccarthy- Another losing season and Jerry will admit his mistake and move on.

2. Mike Zimmer- Vikings don't make the playoffs in 21; Zimmer is gone. Probably Spielman also, as gm.

3. Matt Nagy- The bears will get a new QB but if they miss the playoffs; Chicago may move on. Making the playoffs this year, is what saved him.

4. Kliff Kingsbury -   If the Cardinals underperform again, they Cards may decide they want someone else to help Kyler Murray.

5. Vic Fangio- He got a reprieve but probably won't survive another non-playoff season; now that Denver has a new GM.

6. Zach Taylor- Bengals probably need to be at least 7-9/8-8, show some real improvement or Mike Brown may finally make a change.

NFL Coaching Hires

Jets- Hired Robert Saleh

Lions- Hired Dan Campbell

Texans- Hired David Culley

Eagles-  Hired Nick Sirianni

Final thoughts.  I think the Falcons, Jets, Jaguars and Lions made good hires.  I'm, not sure about the Chargers coach, but his success will rely on how successful Justin Herbert is.  I think the Eagles and Texans made poor choices.  

On to January 2022:

Coaches on the hot seat for 2021:

1. Mike Mccarthy- Another losing season and Jerry will admit his mistake and move on.

2. Mike Zimmer- Vikings don't make the playoffs in 21; Zimmer is gone. Probably Spielman also, as gm.

3. Matt Nagy- The bears will get a new QB but if they miss the playoffs; Chicago may move on. Making the playoffs this year, is what saved him.

4. Kliff Kingsbury -   If the Cardinals underperform again, they Cards may decide they want someone else to help Kyler Murray.

5. Vic Fangio- He got a reprieve but probably won't survive another non-playoff season; now that Denver has a new GM.

6. Zach Taylor- Bengals probably need to be at least 7-9/8-8, show some real improvement or Mike Brown may finally make a change.

Edited by Rdskns2000