Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

11 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

So wait, this is in regards to the them doing the investigation into the culture of abuse at Redskins Park? Why do I feel like Gruden is going to get worse punishment than Dan in the publics eyes. 

I dunno about that...in the court of public opnion Snyder got a torrential downpour of criticism and calls to sell the team, along with lawsuits and one of the women interviewed by the WaPo constantly calling Snyder (and the NFL) out.

Gruden's email was 10 years ago and doesn't have a victim going public and keeping this issue alive in the press and social media. Plus the public likes Gruden a ****-ton more than Snyder lol...if anything it's shining a light on how 600K+ emails were reviewed while investigating Snyder and the toxic atmosphere created with the franchise, and the only leak is one email...about Jon Gruden...from 10 years ago. It paints the NFL's handling of the WFT investigation in an even more sketchy light.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I dunno about that...in the court of public opnion Snyder got a torrential downpour of criticism and calls to sell the team, along with lawsuits and one of the women interviewed by the WaPo constantly calling Snyder (and the NFL) out.

Gruden's email was 10 years ago and doesn't have a victim going public and keeping this issue alive in the press and social media. Plus the public likes Gruden a ****-ton more than Snyder lol...if anything it's shining a light on how 600K+ emails were reviewed while investigating Snyder and the toxic atmosphere created with the franchise, and the only leak is one email...about Jon Gruden...from 10 years ago. It paints the NFL's handling of the WFT investigation in an even more sketchy light.

That's kind of what I mean. To me the scandal should've gotten so much more press, but they swept it under the rug, never released a real report and just fined Daniel some shekels. Then this comes out 6 months later? Why? Why not sweep this one under the rug too. The NFL and Roger Goodell look incompetent here. You successfully squashed a report that dozens of women came forward and said they were violated, only to leak this? 

Edited by Florgon79
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Wild, I wasn't picking up on any wave of "Fire Gruden" among the fans, so didn't expect him to be fired. I wanna put on a tin foil hat and start concocting conspiracy theories around this lol...

He wasn't fired. He resigned. Guess they told him to quit or else. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Seat going into Week 8.

1. Matt Nagy - I think He's done. Bears will find someone else to develop Fields.

2. Brian Flores - My guess they get a new coach. Another Bellichek tree failure.

3. Vic Fangio - Only a playoff birth saves him.

These coaches could be moving on this year or next.

Kyle Shannahan - Save for that one year making th e Superbowl,  Kyle has been a loser. They may decide move on or see how he does with Lance next year.

Pete Carroll - In order to stay, Russ may want a new coach.

Mike Zimmer - No playoffs,  no Mike.

Joe Judge - Giants may make a clean sweep. New gm,coach and QB.

Ron Rivera- Ron has to have credible QB in 22 and finish 8-9, 9-8 or he's gone after 22.

Hot Seat heading into Week 9:

1. Brian Flores -  The Bellichek coaching tree really has a poor track record.  Brian is on his way out. Could a trade today for Watson, if it happens, save him?

2. Matt Nagy -  Looking more like Bears getting someone else to develop Fields. 

3. Vic Fangio- Only playoffs will save him, currently in 11thy place.

4. Mike Zimmer- Only playoffs will save him, currently in 8th place.

5. Joe Judge- As I said last week, Giants may make a clean sweep with new gm,coach and QB. They have the extra picks to rebuild quickly.

6. Dan Campbell- Winless so far, could he be one and done?

Coaches on the hot seat next year or this offseason?

Kyle Shannahan- He's only had one winning season- his Superbowl year. They will ride with Lance next year, do they do that with Kyle or not?

Pete Carroll- A disappointing year that can't be salvaged when Russell returns. Will Russ want a new coach to make a return to Seattle in 22?

Ron Rivera- His 2022 has been an unmitigated disaster. He misjudged the team he really had and most of his free agent/draft moves didn't pan out this year. 2022 could be his final year.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:19 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Hot Seat heading into Week 9:

1. Brian Flores -  The Bellichek coaching tree really has a poor track record.  Brian is on his way out. Could a trade today for Watson, if it happens, save him?

2. Matt Nagy -  Looking more like Bears getting someone else to develop Fields. 

3. Vic Fangio- Only playoffs will save him, currently in 11thy place.

4. Mike Zimmer- Only playoffs will save him, currently in 8th place.

These four are going to require big second halves with Nagy gasping for air now.

The two that stand out the most to me are Flores because of his incredible fall and Zimmer. I think he is going to need more than just reaching the paloffs

Edited by DWinzit

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There's a report that Nagy has been told; he will fired after the Thanksgiving game.

I'm not sure why you would do that.  Either fire the guy or don't fire the guy.  "You're going to be fired next week" seems like a really stupid thing to tell somebody.

30 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I know he isn't the HC but Garret is out as OC in NY. 

Will he ever coach again?  I think he might at the college level.  But not at the pro level.  He wasn't a great OC, then he wasn't a great HC, then he was a bad OC.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm not sure why you would do that.  Either fire the guy or don't fire the guy.  "You're going to be fired next week" seems like a really stupid thing to tell somebody.

Will he ever coach again?  I think he might at the college level.  But not at the pro level.  He wasn't a great OC, then he wasn't a great HC, then he was a bad OC.

He will most likely. Although if I were him I'd just retire and write a tell all book about his time in the NFL, gotta be some stories to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Seat going into Week 13.

Texans-  the coach could be one and done.  With an expected Watson draft picks to rebuild, they may want a better coach.

Jaguars- Meyers hasn't pursued any of the college openings. Says he's not interested in Notre Dame. Khan should put Urban out of his misery.

Raiders- Even if they make the playoffs, I think the Raiders don't give the interim guy the job.

Giants-  The GM is going to be gone.  They should fire Judge because the new GM will want his own coach and he will probably get rid of Judge after 23, baring a playoff appearance.

Vikings- No playoffs, no Zimmer. 

Bears- Nagy is dead man walking.

Lions- Campbell is going to go winless, could be one and done.

Seahawks- I think Carroll retires.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:31 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Zimmer might be fired next week.  I believe They play Thursday night. He’ll be fired after that.  

I like Zimmer and think he's a fine coach but the Vikings have underachieved for now two years in a row. I think they go after a young up and coming offensive mind to take advantage of all the talent there. Or maybe they let Cousins go and try to rebuild completely.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Time to ad Matt Rhule to the hot seat. Inpatient owner will just eat his salary and probably move on.

They're gonna give Rhule a chance with a legitimate QB. Hard to evaluate him until then.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, Warhead36 said:

I like Zimmer and think he's a fine coach but the Vikings have underachieved for now two years in a row. I think they go after a young up and coming offensive mind to take advantage of all the talent there. Or maybe they let Cousins go and try to rebuild completely.

They're gonna give Rhule a chance with a legitimate QB. Hard to evaluate him until then.

Some scuttlebut the owner is regretting hiring him. He could move on. Money is no object for Tepper. After all, look at all money wasted on qb.