Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

Now that the hiring cycle is over; time to predict on how these new coaches will do.

New England: LB coach Jerod Mayo - Developing the QB is going to be key. Also, whoever does the Gm duties has to do a better job drafting. I say it’s 50-50 he has a good run, but after BB; what is Kraft’s realistic expectations?

Las Vegas:Interim/LB coach- Antonio Pierce- He will have Raiders competitive but the afc west and afc in general will be too much. At best, maybe a wild card appearance before his eventual firing in 3-4 years.

Tennessee: Bengals OC Brian Callahan- Afc south is competitive now and the other teams are better. I see him getting fired in 3-4 years.

Washington: Cowboys DC Dan Quinn- I don’t know if he will win us a ring, but I do believe he will have us winning again and if he doesn’t win a title, he will have laid the foundation. I think he last his entire contract.

Atlanta: Rams DC Raheem Morris- Most likely place for a vet qb besides Pittsburgh. I see short term success but long term depends on that qb they get after getting a vet qb. If they trade for Justin, Raheem will have a short tenure; otherwise I can see him lasting his whole contract.

LA Chargers: Univ. of Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh- Yeah, over the cap but I see Jim solving that and winning a Superbowl with Herbert.

Carolina: Bucs OC Dave Canales- If Young is bust, he will be fired. I don’t see him being successful.

Seattle:Ravens DC Mike Macdonald- Geno is only going to take them so far, so he needs that long term qb eventually.

Mayo will flame out in 2-3 years. Pats needed to completely reboot instead of trying to recycle Bellicheck.

Pierce will bomb and be fired by season's end. He's Freddie Kitchens 2.0.

Callahan if he can develop Levis can win. If not, he'll bomb too.

Quinn if we get the QB right in the draft will be Pete Carroll 2.0. If not, he's Ron Rivera 2.0.

Morris will need to find a QB too, if not they'll flounder around in average to mediocre land.

Harbaugh will have the Chargers in the playoffs regularly, but not sure anyone can beat Mahomes.

Canales will either be McVay/McDaniel and resurrect a potential high draft pick bust QB, or he'll be Jay Gruden 2.0(except without Kirk Cousins)and be stuck with someone unsalvagable.

Macdonald will keep the Seahawks as a solid club but they'll struggle to be elite if they can't find a long term QB. I think they're the next team to make a big push for a veteran QB in a year or 2(think like the Jets did with Rodgers, Rams with McVay etc.).

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

I started this thread in December 2013.  Since then we have went thru 3 coaching changes.

Shanny: 2010-2013- Fired after 2013 season. He was the coach when this thread started.

Jay: 2014-2019, Interim Bill Callahan after Jay was fired after 0-5 start.

Ron: 2020-2023. Fired after 2023 season. 

Dan: 2024- 

The last 4 coaches were fired, so hopefully Dan and the new ownership breaks that trend.

Edited by 88Comrade2000