Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

If Kellen Moore gets a job interview, the first question will be, "Who called the last play of the Wildcard game?" If the answer is "Me." The response will be "thank you for your time. Here's an AA Economy ticket back to Dallas.  Last row by the toilet. 

I really hope Quinn gets another HC job.  He was by far the best coach on that staff.  If he goes but McCarthy stays, it's  good bet McCarthy hires another baffoon as DC.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Good news, everyone!

Hope it's true however that is taken out of context.  Jerruh said talking about it isn't on the table to the media right after the game ended. Still a possibility he cans big Mike 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Not sure why Oakland did that, dude actually built a decent enough team. 

Oakland didn’t do anything ;) 

but yes i agree, kinda an odd move

although if what people are saying is true, that he was a gruden guy, then i guess it makes sense.

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

NFL Openings 
Raiders - 

Jaguars -

Broncos -

Bears -

Vikings -

Dolphins -

Giants -

Texans -

Seems like the owners are taking their time this year. Of course, 4 of those teams also fired their GMs.  I think the Giants and Texans will be the last teams to hire a coach.  If Dallas joins the list, then it will be because Jerry wants to keep Moore or Quinn.

48 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Eagles DC Gannon getting some interviews for HC.  Don't think he did that great of a job but if it messes up the Eagles continuity I'm for it.

The Eagles have very little talent on defense. The fact that he got them to actually be respectable (yes, they were ultra-exploited by elite passers like Mahomes, Brady, Herbert, Prescott, Carr but they didn't give up "big plays" and made teams nickel and dime them down the field) was an achievement. As an Eagles fan, I've been cautiously optimistic about him, just wondering what he'll be able to do when the Eagles start investing high picks on defense, something they haven't done in about a half dozen years and are expected to do this coming draft.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

That's gotta be fake, right?

Idk, man, that's totally his Twitter account (thats his @ handle and has the verified check in the screenshot), but I can't find the tweet on his feed

Edited by Renegade7

It's kind of surprising that 10 days since the season ended and noone has been hired yet. You figure at least one team would've made a hire by now.  True, 4 of those teams are also searching for gms. So that could be reason for those teams delays. They probably want the gm to have a say. 

Could there still be an opening?

Will Jerry have a change of heart and can Mike anyway?  Will the Cardinals decide to move on from Klingsbury? Yes, Kliff finally made the playoffs but he has a habit of fading down the stretch. Something he did in college and every year with Arizona.  If Matt Ruhle doesn't find him an OC, will Tepper pull the plug?

I think the Broncos maybe the first team to hire, seems like they have zeroed in on Dan Quinn.