Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

With the Vikings hiring their guy after the Super Bowl; there’s still 3 jobs left.

The only place a minority may get hired is New Orleans since Miami and Houston fired minorities.

I don’t see Miami getting anyone good. They just fired a coach with 2 winning seasons. 

We already know Houston is cluster****.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

With the Vikings hiring their guy after the Super Bowl; there’s still 3 jobs left.

The only place a minority may get hired is New Orleans since Miami and Houston fired minorities.

I don’t see Miami getting anyone good. They just fired a coach with 2 winning seasons. 

We already know Houston is cluster****.

Did I miss a new rule that says you can't hire a black or hispanic coach after firing one?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. Miami and Houston aren’t going to hire another black after firing one. Also. I doubt any black candidates would take a job there.

I guess Houston didn't get the memo that they're not going to hire a black coach.

On a sidenote: Houston's front-runners are supposedly a QB who hasn't coached above the high school level and a head coach who is currently suing the NFL. Dan Snyder has competition for worst head coach hiring in the history of ever. Jim Tomsula for the 49ers was bad, this can be worse.

Man if Josh McCown gets that job...

I mean, I somehow wish he will. Nothing will bring the NFL more heat than that decision. Has never coached on a professional level and would get a head coaching job right away. There would simply be no justification for such a decision. And that in a time when the league has a lawsuit on their hands that claims racism in their hiring practices. Talk about a prime example.

49ers get 2 third round picks since McDaniels is biracial.

The hiring cycle is just about over.  Despite being a finalist, Houston will not hire Flores. The want a puppet coach; so Mccown will get it.  

So, only New Orleans and odds are strong Dennis Allen gets that gig. The Beinemy interview is just meeting the Rooney requirement.

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Flores isn’t getting the job. Mccown is getting the job. They need their puppet and Flores won’t be a puppet.

No nfl team is hiring someone who is suing the nfl.

Tell me a lottery ticket number so I know which one not to buy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The argument that Eric Bieniemy isn't getting jobs because he doesn't call plays should be put to bed since McDaniel didn't call them either.

McDaniel also flamed out his first time around. He's a known quantity of fail.

You know Houston wanted to hire puppet McCown. They didn't want to deal with the backlash.  I still don't think Flores gets the job. Why are they interviewing Smith? They could've just hire Flores or the other guy.  If Houston hires a minority again, give them 2 years. If not successful by then, that coach will be gone.

Now that the 2022 hiring cycle is over, Vikings will hire their coach after the Superbowl; thoughts on all the hires. 

Chicago: Colts DC Matt Eberflus -  After flopping with Nagy, going with a defensive coach.  He better have a good OC.  The key to his success is developing Justin Fields into a franchise QB.  My guess, he fails at that and is fired in about 3 years.

Broncos: Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett - A good hire.  The key his success will be Denver getting a QB, whether that's Aaron Rodgers if he leaves Green Bay or someone in the draft.  Also, with the team up for sale; he's going to need to have a good first year to convince his new owner to keep him.  If he gets it right at QB; he should be successful.

Texans: Promoted their DC- Lovie Smith - He was only hired because of the Brian Flores lawsuit, otherwise it would've been McCown.  His success will depend on what Houston does at QB. Does David Mills develop into that franchise guy, or they ride with someone else.  My guess they go with Mills for 2022 and then use that Watson bounty in 23 to get that franchise QB.  I think Lovie is destined to be fired in 2-3 years. 

Jaguars: Former Eagles Coach Doug Pederson - A great hire. It will take some time but I think Pederson can develop Lawrence and eventually build a superbowl team. He could be the most successful Jags coach ever, surpassing Tom Coughlin.

Raiders: Pats OC Josh McDaniels - A decent hire.  If he's has truly learned from his disastrous Denver tenure; he could have successful second tenure.  It depends on what he does at QB.  Getting Carr to perform better or getting someone to replace Carr. My guess, he see what Carr gives him this year and if it works out; extend him. If not replace him in 23. 

Dolphins: 49ers OC Mike McDaniel - An okay hire but I think he's destined to fail.  Tua isn't really that great and who knows what happens with that Flores lawsuit.  I say he's gone in about 3 years.

Vikings: Rams OC Kevin O'Connell - A good hire.  He's success depends on what happens post Cousins.  He has no choice but to go with Cousins this year but his tenure rides on who he gets after Cousins.  He would be a fool to extend Cousins contract again.  

Saints: Promoted their DC Dennis Allen - A poor hire.  They really should've hired a minority.   He was failed head coach during his Raiders stint.  Giving the cap hell and no real QB; I expect his tenure to be a big failire and he's fired within 3 years.

Giants: Bills OC Brian Daboll - A good hire.  They will ride Jones this year but I fully expect the Giants to ensure they have draft capital in 23, to get one of the top QBs then. Once they get that QB, they will take off and it will be challenge for us, since we face them twice a year.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Time to look at coaches who's seat will be hot or warm this year.

The 2022 Hot Seat

Cowboys:  With 2 potential replacements: Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn already on staff and Sean Payton out there; McCarthy probably is dead man walking. There might be nothing to save his job, save a Superbowl win.

Commanders:  Depends on what they do at QB.  I still hold that if we go with a veteran QB and we fail to have a winning season: 9-8 or bettter; then Dan pulls plug. If we go with a rookie QB, that gives Ron more time. 

Lions: If Campbell has another year like this year, the Lions may move on.  He needs show improvement this year. Doesn't have to be a winning record but show more wins.  Show enough improvement to convince ownership he's the one to develop the QB they likely get in the 23 draft.

Colts: Reich can't have another flameout this year. Another non-playoff year and fickle Irsay makes a change.

Panthers: Ruhle probably needs to have a winning season at minimum or else Tepper moves on.

Cardinals: Kingsbury has history of losing down the stretch.  It happens again in 22 and he's probably gone. 

There should be fewer openings in 22.  If there are any retirements, it would be with the Seahawks and Patriots. 

Edited by 88Comrade2000