Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

yeah, i think Sean Payton would do a good job with the Chargers.  Thoughts on Dan Quinn leaving the 'boys after this year.  he would definitely be a good candidate for either the chargers or the cardinals. those two teams for Dan would be ideal since they have a lot of talent on the defensive side.

• Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

The Denver job would be awful.  99% of their cap invested in a guy who can’t outproduce an injured Wentz and no draft picks in a division with Mahomes and Herbert.

I was saying it before the season started. I have no idea why anybody would think that a 33-34 year old short running QB like Wilson had much left. Once he loses 1/2 a step it's game over. Everybody seemed to believe that Denver was going to compete for the division though. Add in learning a new offense at his age. Now his replacement in Seattle is playing like he used to, lol. 

Season is entering its final stretch. Going to be it for some more coaches.

Bye Nathaniel.  I think McDaniels has save his job for another year with the Raiders bouncing back a little. Raiders probably end up with 7 wins.

Will there be a surprise firing or retirement this year?  I think there will be.

On 12/6/2022 at 10:00 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Season is entering its final stretch. Going to be it for some more coaches.

Bye Nathaniel.  I think McDaniels has save his job for another year with the Raiders bouncing back a little. Raiders probably end up with 7 wins.

Will there be a surprise firing or retirement this year?  I think there will be.

Belichek, San Fran, KC.  Who do the Raiders beat to get to seven wins?

Speaking of not getting rid of your interim coach for a proven loser, Wilks has been doing a fine job with the Panthers.

4 weeks to go, who else joins the firing line. Sean Payton is lurking.

San Diego- Staley fails to make playoffs and he could be gone for Sean.

Las Vegas- I think Josh has rebounded enough to get a second year but if Raiders don’t finish at least 2-2, Davis May change his mind.

Denver- Hackett will be fired the second after the season ends.

Houston- Lovie was only a temp

hire. Houston will look to get a coach to develop the qb they are drafting with the #1 pick.

Tennessee- the Gm is gone but a poor finish and likely quick playoff exit and Vrabel could be gone also.

Dallas- If Mike doesn’t go deep into the playoffs, he’s likely gone. Jerry has 2 replacements on staff and there’s Sean also.

Cleveland- Do the Browns feel they can win with Stefanski and the sexual predator?

Atlanta- Arthur Smith could be on the way out? What really happened with Marcus?

New Orleans- Dennis Allen is a bust, could be one and done. Do they beg Sean to come back to them or take the picks for him, if he coaches in 23.

Tampa- Bowles is a bust. I can see him being one and done.

Arizona- Despite the contract extension, Kliff needs to go.

I could see a surprise retirement In Seattle or New England. Also, if Dan really sells the team; maybe the new owner wants to start year 1 with his own coach.

One thing, interim coach Steve Wilks may get the permanent gig or some other team will give him a shot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dallas- If Mike doesn’t go deep into the playoffs, he’s likely gone. Jerry has 2 replacements on staff and there’s Sean also.

One and done or not, this is the best the Cowboys have been in a while, Jerruh isn't letting Mikey go until he sucks or is mediocre for at least 6 years. Sean would never go to a team with a micro managing owner like dem boys.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

One and done or not, this is the best the Cowboys have been in a while, Jerruh isn't letting Mikey go until he sucks or is mediocre for at least 6 years. Sean would never go to a team with a micro managing owner like dem boys.

Well, Sean may not go but Jerry does have 2 replacements on staff. Dan Quinn and Kellen Moore.  Mike needs to make it to championship game.