Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

If I were, GB, I'd consider firing LaFleur.  Rodgers masks so much for that team.  Their o-line (without Bhaktari stinks).

He’s 36-10 and 2-3 in playoffs. Kind of hard to fire him.

After today, there will be 4 teams left.

So, unless you are waiting to hire a coach on one of those 4 teams; you probably have your coaching pool.

I think we will see some hirings this week.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:17 AM, mhd24 said:

If I were, GB, I'd consider firing LaFleur.  Rodgers masks so much for that team.  Their o-line (without Bhaktari stinks).

Part of the issue there is how much of the cap their quarterback salaries eat up. They lack depth on special teams and it showed Saturday. Even if he makes 5 or 6 million a year less, that gets spread around the rest of the team. Besides Brady being great, he never had a market setting contract. Chiefs will likely soon be a team like Green Bay that almost gets there, but doesn't because Patrick's contract soon balloons to difficult territory. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/quarterback/

Here's what 2023 numbers look like at the moment. Obviously this will change during the offseason.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2023/cap-hit/quarterback/

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 11:19 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

NFL Openings 
Raiders - 

Jaguars -

Broncos -

Bears -

Vikings -

Dolphins -

Giants -

Texans -

Saints -

So; that’s 9 openings now.

I think Peyton is the future Cowboys coach; when he decides he wants to get back into coaching.

New Orleans may have tough time getting a good coach. They have no real good qb and are in cap hell.

Its early 2011. The Packers have just won the SB with a stellar performance by Aaron Rodgers, which followed the Saints winning the Lombardi with Drew Brees and coached by Sean Payton.

At the time, would you have bet that neither team would make it back to the SB in the next decade?

NFC reps in that decade have been the 49ers twice, Seahawks twice, Rams, Bucs, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles, Giants. And it'll be either the Rams or 49ers again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Payton with the screw-job. Getting out while the getting's good.

6 draft picks

72Mil over cap

only QB on roster is an injured Hill

He left Saints management holding the bag.

Yep that's exactly what it is. He'll be forever revered in New Orleans and deservedly so, but its pretty weak to just up and quit right when you know you're going into likely mass rebuilding and no QB of the future on the roster.

My guess is he takes a year off to recharge his batteries, then coaches Dallas next year.

He's been there 16 years, won them a super bowl, and got them through post-Katrina.

If he wants to leave, let him leave, he shouldn't have to help them through a second rebuild.

How much control did he have over the roster anyway?  I just want to confirm why he's getting all the blame for something this is usually at least requires culpability of the front office and maybe even owner.

Bears announce hiring of Ryan Poles

>>>

The Bears made the hiring of Ryan Poles as their new General Manager official Tuesday night.

Poles, 36, spent the past 13 seasons working with the Chiefs as a player personnel assistant (2009), college scouting administrator (2010-12), college scouting director (2013-16), director of college scouting (2017), assistant director of player personnel (2018-20) and executive director of player personnel (2021).

Kansas City will receive a third-round pick in 2022 and a third-round pick in 2023 as a reward for developing a minority General Manager hired by another team.<<<