Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Welcome Back Gregg Williams

DRSmith

There seemed to be a lot more to it than that - Not just here but everywhere he has gone in the past - he does not have the ability to run a team, he can scheme a defense but I would worry about him near a HC position (see 2006) .

I cannot see it happening either - In fact I would prefer another 2008 reject (Spagnuolo) to come in - he has not run a 3-4 before but has been an innovator in the past and been learning in Baltimore ...

There seemed to be a lot more to it than that - Not just here but everywhere he has gone in the past - he does not have the ability to run a team, he can scheme a defense but I would worry about him near a HC position (see 2006) .

I cannot see it happening either - In fact I would prefer another 2008 reject (Spagnuolo) to come in - he has not run a 3-4 before but has been an innovator in the past and been learning in Baltimore ...

Enough with the silly 3-4, we don't have the players, the picks or the money to continue forcing the issue. We have players who are better fit for the 4-3 and it shows with our on the field performances. Make the switch back now and cut the crap.

Nope. Williams d for both the skins and saints were too up and down. His first year tends to be pretty good, but then you don't know what you'll get.

Williams second year with Gibbs was almost Haslettesque (might have been his third)

Yes, that was the 2006 season (his 3rd) where the D was a disaster and it was a clear outlier.

The 2004, 2005 and 2007 defenses were all Superbowl caliber

I would bring him back in a heartbeat. 

HAIL YEAH. And here's what ppl are over thinking. The transition back to a 4-3. Williams as far as I know has always been a 4-3 guy. But the guy is a defensive master mind. I'd be willing to bet given an offseason to prepare. You wouldn't recognize this D. Dude loved to roll the dice and dial it up. We were a top 10 D under him for a reason. This D used to bring it and fly all over the field. Its been 3 yrs now w/ Haz. Look at all the confusion every game in the secondary. I just don't understand how we expect these guys to get it done on the field while the coaching staff is clueless.

NO.

This guy has never gotten another head coaching job since he was in Buffalo DESPITE all these great reasons i keep hearing.

Not even a sniff.
The Redskins gave him five interviews and he could not win the job.

It's one thing to try and find a diamond in the rough, but this is a guy everyone  who has needed a coach in this age of quick turnover has shunned.

NO ONE WANTS HIM. 

Why do we?

~Bang

NO.

This guy has never gotten another head coaching job since he was in Buffalo DESPITE all these great reasons i keep hearing.

Not even a sniff.

It's one thing to try and find a diamond in the rough, but this is a guy everyone who has needed a coach in this age of quick turnover has shunned.

NO ONE WANTS HIM.

Why do we?

~Bang

Defensive coordinator Bang. DC not HC.

NO.

Not even a sniff.

It's one thing to try and find a diamond in the rough, but this is a guy everyone  who has needed a coach in this age of quick turnover has shunned.

NO ONE WANTS HIM. 

Why do we?

~Bang

Agreed without question.   Add to that the guy has a HORRIBLE reputation now and would give the Skins a huge a black eye.

And the answer is yes. Absolutely yes, I'd welcome him back with open arms. We haven't had a defense worth a damn since 2007.

Agreed without question. Add to that the guy has a HORRIBLE reputation now and would give the Skins a huge a black eye.

Goodell hates him, that's for sure. That's probably a positive trait to Snyder. :)

Defensive coordinator Bang. DC not HC.

Oh.

well then yes.

yes i would do that.

Pardon ME..   :D

I had been reading a lot of tweets today about him as HC, assumed this was the same topic. maybe a little much of the ol' Stephen A Smith from my sig.. 

~Bang

If Shanahan's here, Haslett will be here. Quote me on that and book it!

So it's all moot discussion. FWIW, I'd rather Spanois or Crennel as the next DC. 

Hail. 

I agree that Haslett is attached to Shanny's hip, but why? I don't understand where this bromance originated from. 

Archived