Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Welcome Back Gregg Williams

DRSmith

Well, it'd be an adjustment for sure. The main issue is that while Orakpo/Cofield/Jenkins/Kerrigan looks like a nice DL on paper, you have to reshape everyone physically for the position (Cofield has to lose weight, Rak and Kerrigan have to hit the weights). Also we have NO linebackers unless Rob Jackson can play strongside. Riley is gone (the 4-3 is even more reliant on having good coverage LBs, and Riley sucks at coverage), Fletcher is gone or retired. Also the secondary would be a work in progress.

The upside is that there is a LOT of 4-3 talent in FA, and you can sign some stop gaps. However, the depth wouldn't be there and barring a full out blitz in FA, you may have to neglect the offense a bit to fix a GW defense. But hey, we could roll with our guys and it could work - GW's made chicken salad from chicken **** before.

Well, it'd be an adjustment for sure. The main issue is that while Orakpo/Cofield/Jenkins/Kerrigan looks like a nice DL on paper, you have to reshape everyone physically for the position (Cofield has to lose weight, Rak and Kerrigan have to hit the weights).

Or if we stay 3-4 - in the ideal world - move Colfield to DE and bring in a prototype NT . Agree we need LBs and a large press CB!

I would welcome him back, I wanted him to be the next head coach after Joe retired again.  But, I think we need to focus on fixing the o-line in both FA and the draft, along with possibly trying to snag another stud WR to complement Garcon.  So, I don't think the timing is right because it would require a switch back to the 4-3 that I don't think we need to focus on until we fix the offense first.  

So, with that said and as much as I want Haz gone, the most likely move would to seek out another 3-4 DC (if Haz is gone, which may be unlikely too).  

If Shanahan's here, Haslett will be here. Quote me on that and book it!

So it's all moot discussion. FWIW, I'd rather Spanois or Crennel as the next DC. 

Hail. 

I'm quoting you, because I believe Haslett will be fired. 

I'd welcome Williams back if we were switching back to a 4-3.  Although I'll take Crennel or Spanos over Haslett, Crennel's D's haven't been known for stopping the run or particularly good on tackling, ever since he left the Patriots.

I always thought he should've got the job when Gibbs retired. Love the guy, tough as nails and his players would run through a brick wall for him. If he's brought back which would be next to impossible after Snyder dicked him around, he'd have to come on as head coach.

Archived