Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martin And Incognito Discussion

Major Harris

Is anyone else fascinated by this?

Everyone hears the voicemail and freaks out. Then we find out Martin played the voicemail in the locker room and they all laughed together. And many dolphins vets spoke out in defense of Incognito.

Bullying is a hot topic outside of football. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds in the mainstream media.

I'm just dissappointed at the media for ignoring Incognito's history of suspensions, assualt/fighting, and general despicable behavior. Didn't we see this coming a few years ago? The guy has mental issues, that's for sure. In the real world he wouldn't be able to hold down a job to pay the bills, much less get hired after a background check.

I will say that the laughing in the locker room is pretty meaningless.  Talk to women about their views on sexual harrasment and off color jokes.  Many will tell you, at the time, they laugh, but are still offended.  They laugh because not laughing creates an even more socially awkward environment.

If it was generally known in the locker room that he Incognito left the message (Incognito told people or even other people were there when he left it), I wouldn't be shocked if Martin laughed about it in the context of the locker room, but was still offended/felt threatened.

Especially given much of the locker room seems to be behind Incognito.

I'm struck by how much "Martin and Incognito" sounds like the name of a vaudeville comedy act or an alcoholic beverage manufacturer. 

I'm also struck by the wildly different interpretations that are emerging of what happened in Miami, depending on who's talking.  The media ran with the straightforward bullying narrative.  Then other accounts are heard that don't fit so neatly into the bully/victim narrative.  So I'll just enjoy the coverage until the next circus comes to town.

I'm also struck by the wildly different interpretations that are emerging of what happened in Miami, depending on who's talking. 

I wonder if this isn't more the norm than the exception.  People have very little clue how what they say is taken, and it's rare for us to be able to accurately empathize. 

There is a large part of me which wonders if this isn't more of a problem now than 30 years ago, not because it happens more, but rather when it happens the impact is so much greater due to social media saturating our lives making a bully's comment in one arena carry over to all others.  This comes into play in a case like this where something said in a locker room is then carried to the outside world, and the minorly annoying taunting can have a much greater impact.

Martin sounds like a lttle bit of a ****, but Icognito definitely crossed the line as well...tha'ts when you tell the guy to chill that you don't appreciate that stuff, not run home to your mom and have your lawyers talk for you...ughhhh

I don't think we really know what Martin did or didn't say to Incognito.

As zoony said, lots of opinions, little facts.

I'm just dissappointed at the media for ignoring Incognito's history of suspensions, assualt/fighting, and general despicable behavior. Didn't we see this coming a few years ago? The guy has mental issues, that's for sure. In the real world he wouldn't be able to hold down a job to pay the bills, much less get hired after a background check.

This whole thing somewhat reminds me of the movie North Dallas Forty. Not a whole lot has changed apparently.

It all doesn't really add up to me. Something isn't right.

Also, I bet this kind of stuff happens in every single locker room across the nation. Not this exact same stuff, but similar stuff. I doubt any of this is anything that has never happened before.

Something doesn't add up to me.

Until we know the full story; you can't really say much.  Every minute seems to bring a new revelation.

Something isn't right but what?   If this had been going on the entire time Martin was with the Dolphins; why didn't Martin do something. I can't imagine staying in such a hostile environment for 1.5 years.  

Also, Martin is fooling himself if he thinks he will play NFL football again.  No player is going to want to play with him because they won't be able to trust him.  They don't know if they might say or do something that will prompt Martin to quit and bring out the lawyers.

Could this be a lovers spat?  Both men maybe were more than just best friends? 

Also for that nutjob Ritchie; you hold OL meetings in a strip club? 

Sad to see a proud franchise fall so low.  Once this is all done; I expect a complete house cleaning in Miami.

Is anyone else fascinated by this?

Everyone hears the voicemail and freaks out. Then we find out Martin played the voicemail in the locker room and they all laughed together. And many dolphins vets spoke out in defense of Incognito.

Bullying is a hot topic outside of football. It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds in the mainstream media.

Maybe Marin's was trying to laugh it off and be part of the "In-Crowd", but inside it hurt him.

They should change the team's name to the Miami Meangirls. Not that I saw the movie, I didn't.

Well, i just got a wonderful bit of audio from former eagle Shaun Andrews who called a radio station today to complain that Donovan McNabb used to bully HIM in the locker room.

Up next week on the Bang Radio Hour.

~Bang

He said it wasn't bullying. They tried to get him to say that but he wouldn't.

Basically he said McNabb talked about him behind his back and guys tried to sabotage him when he was out of training camp.

I think McNabb is sensitive and can be a baby but I doubt this is true.

Archived