Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martin And Incognito Discussion

Major Harris

This all sounds like a bunch of BS honestly, and ploy by the league to gain more attention. But no matter what, the first time I saw Incognito interviewed I thought the guy was a complete douche bag! Would like to run across him in a dark alley some time kind of douche bag......

This all sounds like a bunch of BS honestly, and ploy by the league to gain more attention. But no matter what, the first time I saw Incognito interviewed I thought the guy was a complete douche bag! Would like to run across him in a dark alley some time kind of douche bag......

Incognito in under a minute. Sorry bro.

Former USC WR Johnnie Morton was on the "Mo' Kelly Radio Show" in Los Angeles recently (I heard it on Saturday, but it might have been on another station earlier).  Morton basically said that Martin was in the wrong for taking "family business" out of the locker room, and he'd rather have Incognito in the locker room instead of Martin.  He basically said this is players policing themselves (nothing about the coaches) and this type of thing happens all the time.  He basically said he'd trust Incognito since Incognito was sohwing "leadership" by trying to toughen Martin up.  He mentioned how even in the KC locker room, the Chiefs had a great OL but he thought some of the stuff they did amongst themselves was a little beyond what he thought was correct.  How could he trust that Martin won't take anything else outside of the locker room?   

He also threw in that even though the league forbids bounties, bounties were also something that happened all the time. 

I guess we should expect this behavior as the "sordid underbelly" of a sport where we want to watch two sets of 12 guys bang their heads and bodies against each other for about 30 minutes a time every Sunday and they are trying to pushing their physical and mental limits.     

He said it wasn't bullying. They tried to get him to say that but he wouldn't.

Basically he said McNabb talked about him behind his back and guys tried to sabotage him when he was out of training camp.

I think McNabb is sensitive and can be a baby but I doubt this is true.

No, he used the word Bully,, he says he felt he could not protect a guy who was questioning his manhood behind his back, humiliating him in front of teammates. he also said that when he was trying to get back down to weight, that other Eagles players would go tell Andy reid they saw him in Wendy's ordering 7 cheeseburgers.

true? i don't care. it sure is going to be fun :D

~Bang

Haha if there is a homosexual angle here this might become the all time greatest lightning rod event ever in the history of mankind.

that is what I am thinking, this might be a relationship gone bad and Big Weirdo playing the emotional female, getting back at her BF. Man if it comes out they are gay........LOL I will be ROLLING Well people have been begging to have the first NFL players come out.....

All 30 NBA teams received a memo from the league office Friday reminding them that no form of bullying or hazing will be tolerated, according to league sources.

The memo, sources said, references the Miami Dolphins' ongoing bullying scandal and urges NBA players to report anything if they feel the need while also spelling out specific violations of the league's policies.

Sources said the memo reiterated a number of prohibited behaviors that would violate league policy.

The lengthy list of violations, sources said, includes: any physical abuse or threats of violence; verbal abuse focused on an individual's race, nationality, color, gender, age, religion, sexuality, etc.; destruction, defacement or theft of a fellow player's personal property; engaging in any activity that intimidates or threatens fellow players with ostracism or inflicts extreme mental stress, embarrassment, humiliation or shame; and forcing an individual to engage in any activity or perform any task that violates federal, state or local law or NBA rules and regulations.

Also prohibited, sources said, is requiring an individual to unreasonably pay for meals, travel, entertainment expenses, goods or services that are being solely enjoyed by others as well as imposing physical activities on a fellow player -- such as exposure to weather, confinement in a restricted area, or consumption of food, liquid or substance -- that leads to unreasonable risk for the individual or adversely affects their mental or physical health or safety

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9947939/nba-teams-receive-memo-reminding-bullying-not-tolerated

The NBA made it clear that they want no part of this kind of nonsense.  I wonder if this latest NFL scandal is pushing people even further into the "play anything but football" camp.  If this kind of behavior is part and parcel of football culture, just add it to the list of things parents would probably prefer to avoid entirely. 

No matter how this thing with Martin and Incognito turns out I expect Goodell move to stamp out this type of behavior or at least appear to do so.  This story lands while the nation as a whole is really looking to stamp out bullying, which is to say that it's the worst possible time.  I'm betting that those that are not football fans are aware of the story and predictably horrified by it, as are mothers with sons telling them they'd like to try out for the football team. 

Is he an 8th grader?

Someone asked me if all this sounded like prison. The answer is not at all. It does however remind me of juvenile detention. I mean this is about as childish as it gets. There's nothing gay in this story. This is just grown man who have been pampered all their lives and never grew up. They play a game for a living. They are permanent children

That's an average of almost 2 texts a day. Yeah... something is up. I can't think of any reason to text a dude almost twice a day for an entire year. Maybe it started as Incognito "Toughening up" Martin, then blossomed into something more...

Haha if there is a homosexual angle here this might become the all time greatest lightning rod event ever in the history of mankind.

A man named "Incognito" would raise some rainbow colored flags. 

Richie Incognito: "I wish I knew how to quit you, Jonathan Martin."

That's an average of almost 2 texts a day. Yeah... something is up. I can't think of any reason to text a dude almost twice a day for an entire year. Maybe it started as Incognito "Toughening up" Martin, then blossomed into something more...

If I was asked to "toughen up" an adult male, I'm not sure that sending them text messages would be part of the approach.

So two supposed "grown" adults are picking on each other, instead of acting like grown ups, they hire lawyers because they're both stupid and this story becomes national news?

What ever happened to a good fist to cuffs?

Yeah, fighting is always the best solution.  That way, the biggest meanest asshole is always in the right.   :rolleyes:

The only thing that really interests me about this kerfuffle is whether we might have a shot at getting ahold of Martin. I'd be happy to have a "soft" guy on our OL instead of the turnstile we've got on the right side.

Can't be a bad thing to give him a shot.  Send them Fred Ganja Davis.  :) 

Yeah, fighting is always the best solution.  That way, the biggest meanest asshole is always in the right.   :rolleyes:

Can't be a bad thing to give him a shot.  Send them Fred Ganja Davis.   :)

I think it would be a good fit. Davis could sleep through any attempted bullying. As for the fighting thing, isn't that "fisticuffs" not "fist to cuffs"?

The most troubling aspects have nothing to do with Incognito's harsh language.  The implication of coaching involvement in the claim that coaches directed guys like Incognito to "toughen up" certain players is right up there with bounty gate.  I'm not even sure that's legal.  The other problem is the extortion, especially when reading the amounts of money expected from rookies.  It sounds like it's a game of "how much can we get them to give up" and the high score is in the tens of thousands, not chump change.  I'd love to know what the consequences are if rookies refuse to hand over these amounts.  

Beyond that I still haven't seen a reasonable argument in favor of hazing.  It seems to me like the league and individual teams are inviting trouble by allowing it.  It's only a matter of time before messing with the new guys results in someone getting hurt, assuming it hasn't already and we just haven't heard about it.  We've seen hazing lead to injuries and even deaths in other circumstances.  Seems like an awful lot of liability in exchange for... what exactly?  

I think it would be a good fit. Davis could sleep through any attempted bullying. As for the fighting thing, isn't that "fisticuffs" not "fist to cuffs"?

Who cares, as much as the media has spent on this, I almost wish they would have a cage match and let them beat each other silly.

I'm tired of hearing about it on ESPN.

Beyond that I still haven't seen a reasonable argument in favor of hazing.  It seems to me like the league and individual teams are inviting trouble by allowing it.  It's only a matter of time before messing with the new guys results in someone getting hurt, assuming it hasn't already and we just haven't heard about it.  We've seen hazing lead to injuries and even deaths in other circumstances.  Seems like an awful lot of liability in exchange for... what exactly?  

But you don't understand.  If bullies can't tape Larry Lester's buns together and laugh at his misery, then we can't be real men and Western Civilization will fall.  

Archived