Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Yeah, I legit nearly destroyed my XBox on the old RDR?

The  2 on 1 Redneck twins duel, the Buffalo Soldier fighting the Indians in the canyon, the Givernors mansion shootout. Dawg, that game was crucifyingly difficult.

Wish we could get a remaster. Or a Red Harlow mission or two in this one

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, I legit nearly destroyed my XBox on the old RDR?

The  2 on 1 Redneck twins duel, the Buffalo Soldier fighting the Indians in the canyon, the Givernors mansion shootout. Dawg, that game was crucifyingly difficult.

Wish we could get a remaster. Or a Red Harlow mission or two in this one

RDR1 is backwards compatible on xbox one and if you have a One X, also in 4k. 

I'll probably pick up RDR2 as well in October. Thankfully my schedule clears up after this week, perfect timing too with the weather getting cooler, more time to just relax and game.

What, exactly, makes Spider Man so good? Is it just really fun/fluid gameplay? Is there a story? Lots of things to do? Is it like GTA but with a Superhero theme? Is it tied into the movie(s) at all?

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Spiderman was the first game in a very long time I bought at release date

Red Dead Redemption 2 will likely be the second

i feel myself slipping back in

Don't fight it, just let it happen.  :)  RDR2 is gonna be legendary. 

43 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll probably pick up RDR2 as well in October. Thankfully my schedule clears up after this week, perfect timing too with the weather getting cooler, more time to just relax and game.

What, exactly, makes Spider Man so good? Is it just really fun/fluid gameplay? Is there a story? Lots of things to do? Is it like GTA but with a Superhero theme? Is it tied into the movie(s) at all?

its closer to Infamous than GTA if that makes sense. The combat and sidemission gameplay is somewhat repetitive, but its definitely fluid and fun. Swinging through NYC is addicting, they nailed that part of the game. The Photo mode really stands out in this game, more than some others. As a person who has next to no interest in photography in general, I have surprised myself at the amount of time I have spent taking pictures in spiderman

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It's just really fun. They don't really do anything different in terms of open world but what they do, they nail. The web-swinging through the city is addicting. The New York City in the game is brilliant recreation and the world is a blast to explore. The combat is fast, ferocious and challenging. They have integrated the environment and Spider-Man's abilities really well. Shooting a web to pull scaffolding down on a few thugs and in the next instant dodging a baseball bat aimed at your head while shooting the guy that swung it with a web blast to the face and then immediately shooting a web and pulling yourself toward a guy with a gun and performing a hurricane-rana on him to disbable him etc. All that and more just constantly happens fluidly within the combat all the time. You can really string together movie-like fight sequences once you get the combat down. There is a good mix of stealth and action moments, the set pieces are jaw dropping too.

The story is also a perfect comic book story that suits Spider-Man really well. It's not "the end of the the earth" stuff but a personal story about Peter and Spider-Man, New York City and those in his life. The game is set 8 years after Peter is bitten so he is very well established and some aspects that you normally associate with Spider-Man are different like Peter no longer working at the Bugle or being a photographer. they have good takes on the characters and the enemies. 

If you like Spider-Man or comic books at all, it is a must own. There is nothing that makes you feel like Spider-Man or a superhero more. 

4 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Spiderman was the first game in a very long time I bought at release date

Red Dead Redemption 2 will likely be the second

i feel myself slipping back in

Same, almost 100% Spider-Man and then i'll probably go through it again on the hardest difficulty before RDR2 comes out. That might be it for day 1 buys until TLOU2

Yeah, I finished Spider-Man last week. Really enjoyed it. I plan on Platinuming it and then getting ready for the DLC coming out in October. Just been so busy playing Warframe, Destiny 2 and The Division. Not sure I'll able to get to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC:Odyssey and Forza Horizon 4 until much later. 

I just finished Yoku's Island Express.  What a great charming little game.  I was going to play Dead Cells but that was in my Switch so I decided to play it for a little bit which turned into 90 minutes until I beat it.  I'll be going back to unlock more stuff though.

I might be the only one here interested but some of the English voice cast for KH3 was released.

Sora - Haley Joel Osment 

• Josh Gad (Frozen, Beauty and the Beast) as Olaf from Frozen
  •  
  • Kristen Bell (Frozen, Veronica Mars, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) as Anna from Frozen
  •  
  • Idina Menzel (Frozen, Enchanted, Rent) as Elsa from Frozen
  •  
  • Jonathan Groff (Frozen, Mindhunter, American Sniper) as Kristoff from Frozen
  •  
  • Zachary Levi (Tangled, Chuck, Thor: The Dark World) as Flynn Rider from Tangled
  •  
  • Donna Murphy (Tangled, Center Stage) as Mother Gothel from Tangled
  •  
  • John Ratzenberger (Toy Story, Cheers, The Incredibles, Coco) as Hamm from Toy Story
  •  
  • Wallace Shawn (Toy Story, The Princess Bride, The Good Wife) as Rex from Toy Story
  •  
  • Tate Donovan (Hercules, The O.C., Argo) as Hercules from Hercules
  •  
  • Kevin R. McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean Series) as Gibbs from the Pirates of the Caribbean series
  •  
  • Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
  •  
  • Bill Farmer as Goofy

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been playing Telltales Batman series. Really good sort of slight retconn/pseudo origin story.

I want to whoop Harvey Dent's ass so bad though, holy ****. Currently repaying him by boning Catwoman.

That one, and the one they did afterwards, The Enemy Within, were really good. Too bad Telltale is about to go under pretty soon. 

10 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

So true. 

Right one is "menu" on xbox. 

Right will always be "start". Left will always be "select".

No one knows what to call those damn symbols on the Xbox controller, I just call them Start and Back like the older Xbox controllers. 

@Gamebreaker, that sucks, but I bet they didn't have the budget to keep up with companies like Quantic Dream and Supermassive Games. That and despite how good some of their titles have been, they don't come close to offering the same extensive variables and graphics.

I'll miss them though. The Walking Dead was a masterpiece, as well as many other titles, but they had some duds too. I also surmise they won't be doing a Game of Thrones continuation or Batman (because this current one is lashing the groundwork for a Joker confrontation, seeing as I just bumped I to him at Arkham as "John Doe").

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Gamebreaker, that sucks, but I bet they didn't have the budget to keep up with companies like Quantic Dream and Supermassive Games. That and despite how good some of their titles have been, they don't come close to offering the same extensive variables and graphics.

I'll miss them though. The Walking Dead was a masterpiece, as well as many other titles, but they had some duds too. I also surmise they won't be doing a Game of Thrones continuation or Batman (because this current one is lashing the groundwork for a Joker confrontation, seeing as I just bumped I to him at Arkham as "John Doe").

Apparently only TWD season 1 turned a profit. Every other game they made lost money outside of Minecraft which was propped up with Mircrosoft money. It's a shame, they had some really good titles and their storytelling was great in most cases, I just don't think they evolved much. 

TWD season 1 is a classic and their best game. 

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sony announced that PS4 will join Microsoft and Nintendo with crossplay.

I guess Sony saw the light...

I would venture to guess that Microsoft and Nintendo had to make a few concessions as well. 

I've heard from developers who did cross play with Sony (yes believe it or not it does exist in a couple games with PC players).

Sony's biggest issue had to do with releasing proprietary information about PSN.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I know I do

S7TcNWcNiEJkUFF68RnJKCbp4oSQNxxZRLaSvFaOAi8.jpg?s=9f8109319a5303e6120d9f2ceabfc93e

True but the one that gets me is people that call X cross. I get it, it should be circle, square triangle cross. But i'm calling that **** X every time, especially since Nintendo and Mircrosoft also have the same button and it's called X on their too. 

Just now, Xameil said:

Sony's biggest issue had to do with releasing proprietary information about PSN.

They don't have to worry about MS stealing anything from PSN. No need to steal from an inferior service and quality. NIntendo could absolutely benefit from it but Nintendo is too nice of a company to do that. 

As a software developer who's written an online multiplayer game, there shouldn't have to be any proprietary information about PSN exchanged at all between MS and Sony to get crossplay working.  It's more about them opening up access to their network and allowing traffic NOT on PSN being able to talk to traffic on PSN.  Basically it's most likely just Sony holding their noses up higher than everyone else.  In the end, it's mainly just more work for the developers of the games.

Archived