Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Was back on Skyrim after hiatus last night. Decided to join the Thieves Guild. Initially only did it to get access to Vex to start the Barenziah stones quest, and to talk to her about the missing woman in Winterhold, but it turns out it's actually very beneficial in funding the purchase of soul gems to power all my staffs.

Taking souls is expensive...

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The mission time is also evidently just story time. Forbes said they finished the story in 65 hours and Rockstar said they had taken/cut 5 hours from the build Forbes played. While a lot of that increase will be travel time around the new world, still, 3 times as long as the original has me pretty excited. 

Just three times longer I get to kill you and nuke you.....................

#everyonegetsnuked

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

With all the bad reviews I would honestly be surprised if this **** doesn't get scrapped. 

Just make eso with less people per server and give it a Fallout skin. Not that hard.  

No way it gets scrapped at this point. Its already in open beta which means its in the last stage before release which is like, what, a month away?

They'll make enough off microtransactions to keep it going for a few years until the next big Bethesda game. Hopefully ES6 by 2021.

Recalled another quote from them about the backlash from them just throwing in the BOS (despite the timeline problems) just because... Basically they were just like "So what, that storyline was put in place a long time ago, and we dont care because its 2018."

That attitude is something else. Can't even hold true to the world you create (at least in a way that doesn't make fans feel dumb).

43 minutes ago, Chew said:

The reviews for RDR2 are off the charts, 9s and some perfect 10/10s among the major gaming sites.  This game is gonna change lives. 

T-minus 12 hours.  **breathing intensifies**

It has a 97 on Metacritic. 

This is a powerhouse of a video game, one of the finest, built by people at the top of their game and under intense pressure, lest we forget. As it is, they remind us of what games can be, creating a majestic sense of place and time and allowing you to play your role in the way only this medium allows. So, if you’ll excuse me, I have another train to, er, ‘catch’.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a magnificent open world game and one of the greatest games of all time. Its world offers unmatched attention to detail, the combat is excellent, and the story is among the best in a AAA game.

Rockstar launches the best video game in its history thus far. A titanic development for a first category product that presents a gigantic world, with an unprecedented depth and an interaction that marks a step forward in the electronic entertainment industry. Top notch.

A game of unparalleled scope and ambition, with breathtaking visuals, a broad-ranging but intimate story, and an incredible sense of identity and purpose, Red Dead Redemption 2 will go down as one of the greatest games of the generation, and perhaps video game history.

There's a new sheriff in the open-world action game genre in town. Red Dead Redemption 2 is sure ambitious but it succeeds everywhere he travels: exploration, gunfights, stealth, main quest, characters, side quests, customization, acting, hunting, fishing... Name one element, it delivers. And it sure looks like one of the best looking games ever seen and has many secrets yet to be discovered. And so it can be considered as a masterpiece, an extraordinary, legendary game that we will talk about with sincere admiration for ages.

Red Dead Redemption 2 tests the boundaries of interactive immersion. Few games look this good, play this well, and have this much to offer. It begs you to slow down, turn every page of its dramatic tale, and savor every last breathtaking detail. It challenges you to be prepared for anything, and make the right decisions when your choices matter most. Arthur Morgan is the lead, but the world takes center stage to pull you in. With a list of challenges left to finish and an online mode launching soon, we plan to spend a lot more time in Rockstar’s unparalleled recreation of the old west.

Red Dead Redemption 2 takes everything that made the first so spectacular and elevates it to a new level. It boasts an enthralling story, coupled with rock solid gameplay, and is perhaps one of the best games ever made.

Red Dead Redemption 2 brings to life the most vivid, immersive and alive Game World we’ve ever seen. The realistic gameplay mechanics, the smooth interaction with the NPCs and the game’s atmosphere send the gaming value of this title sky high. No matter the hype, no matter the wait, no matter the promotion, this game gives back to the gamers the lost hundreds of hours of contemporary repetitive gaming. In RDR2, every hour is pure gold.

Red Dead Redemption 2’s elusive, mysterious quality may be just that… it feels like every character in it has a soul. Considering the number of people across Rockstar’s entire studio roster that poured their blood, sweat and tears into this game it is no wonder that it actually feels alive.

Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't just a great game. It's a game that sets an impossibly high new bar for how open-worlds can be handled. Its depiction of late 19th-century America feels both historically accurate yet abundantly open-ended, slow-paced and yet alive, grim and yet majestic. It makes the original Red Dead Redemption feel like a warm-up, the doodles on the page before the real thing has come to life

There is a constant question as to whether or not games are art. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game that is going to be used as evidence for that argument from here on out. It is quite likely everything people who played Red Dead Redemption would want or need it to be. This game is, at times, a power fantasy that allows people to give in to baser instincts and revel in chaos. It is also an examination of honor and morality in a man who is callous and hardened. There are even times when it explores and embraces downtime in the same way a Studio Ghibli does, practically begging players to savor the vistas, watch wildlife, and enjoy the ride.

There can be no doubt that this is a landmark game. It is a new high water-mark for lifelike video game worlds, certainly, but that world is also home to a narrative portrait of the wild west that is unexpectedly sombre and not afraid to take its time.

Rockstar Games has outdone itself again with Red Dead Redemption II. The up-close portrayal of the outlaw Van der Linde gang’s unraveling is a compelling companion story that blends seamlessly with the original game, and depth and breadth of the open world is a technical triumph that every gamer should experience.

The hype being created for Red Dead Redemption 2 and the expectations of the passionate fan-base made a part of me believe that Rockstar Games could never deliver on all of their many promises. They did, and then some. From the feeling of a realistic living world they've created to the emotional bonds you build, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the video game experience of this generation.

One of the best open world games ever, with the single best story ever written for a videogame.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a shockingly amazing game. A big world, an intriguing story, relatable characters and an unparalleled scope for, may be, the best and biggest game of this generation of consoles thus far.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is, without a shred of doubt, a new masterpiece brought to us by Rockstar. The new entry by the company has managed to achieve excellence in gameplay, storytelling and technical aspects. In the end, Rockstar has been successful in pushing the franchise to its limits in order to create one of the most complete games of all time.

What it comes down to is Rockstar’s intent to build a strongly realized and true to life facsimile of the 1890s — which they’ve done extraordinary well. So well, in fact, that I can’t ever go back to the first game anymore because I'm completely spoiled by this game’s offerings. Red Dead Redemption II is video game escapism at its finest and you’d be hard-pressed to find anything else this year that comes close to matching its accomplishments.

Overall, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the perfect gaming experience, and what you were hoping for in the next iteration of the series. It has a rich story, deep gameplay, unrivaled visuals, and plenty of plains to explore.

------------

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That means I'll probably finally get on Spidey/RDR3 oh, sometime next summer I reckon. Not finishing Skyrim anytime soon, and if ESO is as big as advertised, it may be even longer before I play anything else.

Come join us in 2018 bro. Those games will still be waiting for you 

Rockstar is the best bar none because they hold themselves to that borderline psychotic and stressful standard. That's what makes sustained greatness.

Even on their lesser titles, don't think I've ever walked away feeling like I got conned, like so many other companies do these days, slowly bordering on consumer strongarming or outright sheist.

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Come join us in 2018 bro. Those games will still be waiting for you 

I am a slave to my Daedric overlords... ?

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

But I think I'll buy it just so i can help the industry understand that this is the kind of **** we ****ing want. 

Church.  I probably won't get to Red Dead for a while, as my heart belongs to the Fallout & Battlefield series and I'm going to dump big hours into them.  But I might download RDR2 this week just to show the love. 

What is Battlefield anymore? Or is it COD? One of them joints had a trailer where it looked like bammas were shooting at Peter pan lookin' ass dudes or some ****. 

I really hope next gen explores pvp battle in a different way, like imagine ottomans on horseback or something, samurai/spartans/ninjas/templars/persians, or a next level naval game where different players control aspects of a 18th century frigate in ship to ship combat.

Frankly all the fps stuff just got boring for me years ago. I would play something like that though. Or a multiplayer cops/robbers.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I really hope next gen explores pvp battle in a different way, like imagine ottomans on horseback or something, samurai/spartans/ninjas/templars/persians, or a next level naval game where different players control aspects of a 18th century frigate in ship to ship combat.

Frankly all the fps stuff just got boring for me years ago. I would play something like that though. Or a multiplayer cops/robbers.

Did you ever play For Honor?

Archived