Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I downloaded it last night with the last minute preorder.  I’ll probably put some time in on it this weekend.

It got a 9.5 from GI. Said it was the best COD in a decade despite not having a single player mode. Apparently there are tons of modes/content and the new Blackout Battle Royale mode steals the show. GI said it was the best Battle Royale experience available even over PUBG and Fortnite. 

Dawg, I got the "Necromancer" perk last night.

ByQSoLU.gif?noredirect

Did the quest where you rescue the GreyMane Family member from the Thalmor dungeon.

Handled that business. Furied them into a self own free for all , summoned a fire atronauch then when I got inside, killed and turned one of their battle mages. Constant three on one the whole time, with my merc muscle. 

Just Gandalf Palpatine airbending the **** out of everyone, and my dead ass mage batting cleanup.?

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

So anyone picking up COD?

I thought you were just being funny cause of the CoD bashing post.  Completely forgot it was released :ols:

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

I downloaded it last night with the last minute preorder.  I’ll probably put some time in on it this weekend.

I'm going to pick it up, most likely on XB1 though since my best friend has that console and his kids play too.  Though, he hasn't confirmed if he is going to pick it up or not and ever since I got him into Rainbow Six Siege way back, that's all he plays now.  

Of course I'd love to roll with you, @Chew @DaGoonie55 and @Dr. Do Itch Big (if he gets it) on PS4.  But I don't think I'm gonna buy it for two consoles this year.  If my boy doesn't pick it up, I'll be on PS4.

Picked it up for XB1, just the standard edition.  It's pretty cool, imo.  I mean I'm only rank 5 atm, so I haven't unlocked custom yet to start testing out what weapons I want, etc.  Just been playing Hardcore domination and confirm kill.  Haven't tested out the battle royale mode yet, but it's up to 88 players, not sure why they just couldn't add 12 more players to make it an even 100, but oh well, screw it.

36 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Picked it up for XB1, just the standard edition.  It's pretty cool, imo.  I mean I'm only rank 5 atm, so I haven't unlocked custom yet to start testing out what weapons I want, etc.  Just been playing Hardcore domination and confirm kill.  Haven't tested out the battle royale mode yet, but it's up to 88 players, not sure why they just couldn't add 12 more players to make it an even 100, but oh well, screw it.

I heard they had other modes that were 50 v 50 

So I started playing last night at around 10:00, said I’d give it an hour or so and head to sleep because I had to wake up early.  There I was at 1:00 forcing myself to turn off the game.

When I first fired it up, I wanted to see what all this hubbub over Blackout was so I tried it first.  I landed, I looked for weapons, I died.  Tried again, same thing.  Ok.  Decided to give that a break because I wanted to learn the mechanics of the game.

After dying within 30 seconds of my first 2 rounds of Blackout, I moved on to old faithful hardcore.  HC dom, and that felt familiar.  It’s fun and fast paced.  Leaderboard doesn’t show k/d which I assume is because it’s more objective based.  Had fun with that for 2 matches and then went back to Blackout.

I spent a good, long, time with Blackout.  It’s addictive.  It’s hard (much harder than fortnite).  It’s frustrating.  Most importantly, it’s fun.  There are old faithful maps recreated and built into Blackout.  Once I got the hang of picking up things and learning the mechanics, I was having a blast with Blackout.  I got lost in it, every time I’d think to myself “last round” and after every death I’d start it over and try again.  Never

even made it to level 2.  Never got a top 15 finish.  Gonna have to put in some time.

After that, I put in more time with HC Dom.  Jungle is back, which was fun as hell.  They did a great job of recreating Jungle... including the spawn trapping at C.  I remembered that vividly.

The game itself plays really really well.  No wall running.  No boost jumping.  No flying or levitating or other weird ****.  Movement is fast and fluid.  Graphics are great.  Using scorestreaks is different.  Instead of

pressing right button, it’s triangle but you have to hold it or else you’ll switch weapons. The right arrow is designated for spray paint, because that’s reeeeeaally important.  Spawning is different and I’m not exactly used to that yet.

Its a good balance between the futuristic feel of Black Ops 2/3 and the basic feel of Black Ops 1 (which was probably my favorite COD).

Im looking forward to logging more time.  Hit me up if you wanna play HC.  My PSN is CChag740

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How big are the blackout maps? Are there vehicles or ways to get across faster? Does the arena play field shrink like other BRs? Is there A longer time to kill in this mode or is it the same twitch whoever sees second is dead 99% of the time? 

Theres one blackout map, it’s huge.  It incorporates several maps from prior BO’s (Nuketown, Array, Firing Range, etc) into certain areas within the giant blackout map.  There are 4 wheelers, helicopters and (I think) trucks.  The circle shrinks just like in fortnite.  Depending on whether or not you have body armor will really determine how many bullets it takes to kill you.  You’ll die pretty fast if you jump in with another group of people and you can’t seem to find a weapon.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Theres one blackout map, it’s huge.  It incorporates several maps from prior BO’s (Nuketown, Array, Firing Range, etc) into certain areas within the giant blackout map.  There are 4 wheelers, helicopters and (I think) trucks.  The circle shrinks just like in fortnite.  Depending on whether or not you have body armor will really determine how many bullets it takes to kill you.  You’ll die pretty fast if you jump in with another group of people and you can’t seem to find a weapon.

Nide that sounds fun. Might actually get me back into COD 

I really like this years CoD.  Little disappointed in the low quantity of pistols though.   I know it was only 3 in BO3 too, but was hoping there would be more like there was in BO2 (five total).  Those dual Kap-40s.........

The Strife is ok, hoping the RK 7 Garrison (3 round burst) is good when I eventually unlock it.  Been running assault rifles with the starting gun ICR-7 with red dot, Grip I, Long Barrel and FMJ attachments.  Easily my favorite weapon so far.  Not really digging the sub machine guns yet.

30 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

with your non-hardcore game mode playing, regular difficulty, constant mini-map lookin ass.......

Gosh dang it :rofl89:

I've seen streamers playing, Blops 4 looks to have the longest TTK of any Call of Duty ever.  I kinda like it, feels like Battlefield.

I may end up playing more HC tho as it seems reasonable, it's not just one bullet and you're dead.  But my biggest gripe with HC has always been the accidental team-killing.  Soon as I kill a friendly, especially an ES homie, I'm backing out :( 

2 minutes ago, Chew said:

Gosh dang it :rofl89:

I've seen streamers playing, Blops 4 looks to have the longest TTK of any Call of Duty ever.  I kinda like it, feels like Battlefield.

I may end up playing more HC tho as it seems reasonable, it's not just one bullet and you're dead.  But my biggest gripe with HC has always been the accidental team-killing.  Soon as I kill a friendly, especially an ES homie, I'm backing out :( 

Yeah, HC is more balanced now, you can at least take some damage and not die instantly.  Bringing back memories from back in the day, like in BF3 or 4 when you could snipe someone's big toe from across the map and get a kill :ols:

Edit:  Wish y'all were on XB1 too, that's where I picked it up for.  Definitely will be picking up BF5 on PS4 to roll with you Chew.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, HC is more balanced now, you can at least take some damage and not die instantly.  Bringing back memories from back in the day, like in BF3 or 4 when you could snipe someone's big toe from across the map and get a kill :ols:

Edit:  Wish y'all were on XB1 too, that's where I picked it up for.  Definitely will be picking up BF5 on PS4 to roll with you Chew.

Count me in on BF5 action, get the squad rolling deep

Archived