Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I feel your pain.  Not Tomb Raider specifically, but just the game industry in general.  At least we've had a rise of the indies who sometimes try something new.

Yup, that is why Dead Cells is a breath of fresh air to me.  Switch has been killing it iMO due to Nintendo releases and the indie support.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll probably hop on it in October.

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider as of late, and honestly, it's the same feeling I'm getting from a lot of games that are whoring themselves out to this universal playstyle. I want to like it, but so far, I'm mildly entertained. I mean at what point do people kinda get sick of open world crafting and skill trees?

This just doesn't feel like Tomb Raider to me (I'm a Tomb Raider og). It feels like some whiny ass girl with daddy issues got in over her head in Siberia. I figured after the last one (and her washing ashore on that island, fighting the paramilitary group and undead Samurai's), she'd have found some conviction. It's just a huge 180 from the usual Lara Croft. Thats probably the point, but its very nerve wracking .

And the story (so far) just doesn't interest me. Seems very generic twitchy psycho charismatic bad guy and band of mercs, and beautifully deceitful woman.

I hope it picks up, because hunting  (at least in the way this game features it) is old, crafting is very much a turn off, and the puzzles are just not very challenging.

That being said, I'm only just meeting up with the native leader, so perhaps the monotonous nature of the game will give way to something more unique. Or I'll just be happy I paid $19.99 for this.

I get what you are saying. I never played any of the other TR games tho so I started with the 2013 reboot. I thought it was great as was Rise. Really high production values make it a cut above others that are similar. The HUB areas kinda keep

things focused while allowing some freedom in the play styles thstbopen world games have and a Metroid type of backtracking later which I enjoyed 

As far as the character, this reboot trilogy is supposed to be her entire origins story and and ultimately creates the woman of the OG games, is my understanding

I think Spiderman looks kinda neat, but the character Spiderman is just so boring.  I mean they've rebooted him 3x on the big screen, each time with a worse and worse actor, so I'm pretty much over him.  I'm actually over Marvel crap in general at this point though so that also plays a part into it.

From a technical stand point though, it does look very impressive.

And I've been playing my Switch a lot more than my PS4 Pro recently.  Dead Cells is pretty cool and I just got Yoku's Island Express after playing the demo yesterday and seeing the new ones converted to used at GameStop last night, so I snagged it today for $20.  I still have some of Toad Treasure Tracker left too but I'm holding off on playing until my flights this weekend that hopefully go out with the hurricane along the coast.  It'll be nice to have some variety lol.  

I did play Dead Cells this past weekend for like 90 minutes and thought I had been playing for like 30 minutes.

Yeah I'm not sure if Shadow is out yet (at least on all platforms). It got better after my initial impression, but I dunno, just didn't grab me, in gameplay or in story. I did notice that it was made for VR too. That may be what could have changed things, but for me it's just not worth the price just to probably play a few games (I would not enjoy everything in VR).

Standard ps4 play though, just been there, done that, though it does set up interesting prospects for Shadow. This may be where the real stuff begins. I'm just burned out on that kind of playstyle though  (open world/non linear, crafting, skill trees, etc) and the story was remarkably predictable, and easy (even on the highest difficulty available... I even tried to use primarily the bow towards the end to make it more fun) every step of the way.

Just bleh.

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Is it really better than Destiny 2?  What separates this expansion from the rest?  Specifically, PvP as that was about all I ever did anyhow.

Well they redid the weapon slots entirely to start with. Much more like the end of Destiny 1 if you made it that far. They added some game play modes to pvp and pve that add variety. And they even added a pvpve mode (yes, competitive pvp with hella pve elements and it is without a doubt the best mode in the game). 

It is much better. The above doesn't even mention the multiple class changes and additions they made. The new classes (not just new supers) are perfectly balanced and overpowered at the same time. its ridiculously enjoyable. Like I watched a guy deflect another guys super back at him and wipe his entire party with it. ****s wild lol

As far as pvp itself is concerned, know im mostly pve, but the changes they have made really turned me on to pvp. Basically the matches are alot faster, the matchmaking is supposed to be better (but i get slaughtered anyway) and the weapon changes made alot more weapons relevant. And the random rolls on weapons have made it so you don't have to have a particular gun to win. There, so far, is no meta. I have been getting slaughtered with blues running around with exotics. 

But, if im being real, I would assume this game is still largely suffering from doing too many things very good and nothing perfect. If you are a PVP only guy im not sure if there is enough there to make you play it again, but if you like a mix of both and a little raiding then you would probably enjoy it. My favorite thing is there is SO much to do. 

GameInformer did a hands on with Red Dead Redemption 2 and their guy was raving about it. Said it basically is going to reinvent open world games and surpasses both Spider-Man and God of War, a couple recent big hits. 

He talked about how smooth everything was, how polished the world was. It's just full of little details that make the world unlike anything we have experienced before like how you have to grab your guns off your horse when you dismount. You can't just hop off your house run away and whip out every gun in your arsenal. They are packed away while you are riding, unless you are actually holding a gun while riding. 

He also really liked the camps and how you are part of a group. With RDR you were basically alone with Marston doing whatever. These camps with your gang always make you feel part of something and the dialogue and interactions and getting to know each character adds a lot to the story and fleshes out the missions as well as making the world feel alive through things like hearing about the other character's days.

Speaking of missions, many of them are planned heist formats like GTA V. For example, a train heist early on where you plan it out and can give orders to gang members to handle certain aspects. He said the AI was very good and helpful in these situations. The entire game can be played in TPS or FPS. Graphically, it's stunning. 

Overall, he said this is easily GOTY candidate if not winner just based on what he's seen so far and how it is shaping up. He said there is not going to be anything like this and it will redefine what we expect of open world games. He said there is a reason other games moved their drops away from this 10/26 release, this game is that good. 

Archived