Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think XCOM 2 was a lot easier than the first. The ability to pick evac points made it a lot easier to me as well as the support soldiers being able to carry 3 medpacks and drone heal/revive without having to be beside the character

I never did finish XCOM 2.  I found a lot of difficulty in those ****ing vipers grabbing people through walls and taking them where no support is to be had.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I never did finish XCOM 2.  I found a lot of difficulty in those ****ing vipers grabbing people through walls and taking them where no support is to be had.

Yeah that was annoying as hell. I found the rangers sword attack was helpful there because they had a large range to get to the viper. One attack freed them and then they would gain their turn to shoot the viper at close range. 

Was never a fan of RDR just because it was basically GTA in the wild wild west.  That game looks kinda cool though but I just don't care about all the side stuff like playing cards, fishing, etc.  I'd rather have a straight up linear wild wild west game with the quality of The Last of Us than an open world game like RDR2.

Depending on how the combat holds up in that game though I may check it out.  The combat in all of the Rockstar games has always been very weak IMO.  But it looks like they tried to address that.

10 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Was never a fan of RDR just because it was basically GTA in the wild wild west.  That game looks kinda cool though but I just don't care about all the side stuff like playing cards, fishing, etc.  I'd rather have a straight up linear wild wild west game with the quality of The Last of Us than an open world game like RDR2.

Depending on how the combat holds up in that game though I may check it out.  The combat in all of the Rockstar games has always been very weak IMO.  But it looks like they tried to address that.

I agree about the combat of GTA games but i think there is something more natural about it in RDR being revolvers and bolt action rifles etc. I thought the combat in RDR was excellent and fit the wild west setting well. 

Did you finish the campaign? The story was pretty impressive despite not being linear. I think RDR 2 could improve on the world and gameplay but will have a hard time coming close to the story of RDR. 

35 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree about the combat of GTA games but i think there is something more natural about it in RDR being revolvers and bolt action rifles etc. I thought the combat in RDR was excellent and fit the wild west setting well. 

Did you finish the campaign? The story was pretty impressive despite not being linear. I think RDR 2 could improve on the world and gameplay but will have a hard time coming close to the story of RDR. 

Nah I didn't finish it I did not play it much probably because I had a big time GTA bias going into it and it felt like "more of the same" but in the WWW.  

Ugh. August 2018. Video games wasteland. Had to resort to playing some old games. Have to kill time between now and September (when Spiderman PS4 comes out).

Last of Us Remastered (PS4): 

Pros: Greatest story for a video game, ever. Rarely does a video game stir emotions within me, but this one actually did.

Cons: "Remastered" my a**. Game looks awful. AWFUL. I prefered this game on my clunky PS3 to the "remastered" version on the PS4.

The only "remastering" that I can see is that they made the graphics sharper, clear and well defined. But that actually makes the game worse to look at.

It is so clearly an ugly PS3 game on your state of the art PS4. I wish Naughty Dog had done a better job here, because the story is genuinely excellent and the game deserves a complete graphics overhaul. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Picked up DOOM last weekend on sale in PS Plus for a few dollars. I have to say, the sheer amount of demonic sexual bloodlust is more than one man can take.

Lol you should try it in VR. It's not a long game, but to be immersed in the doom world like that....soooo much fun

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Lol you should try it in VR. It's not a long game, but to be immersed in the doom world like that....soooo much fun

I'm still waiting for a left handed patch for that game.  I have had it sealed since like January.  

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I'm still waiting for a left handed patch for that game.  I have had it sealed since like January.  

Its definitely fun. Using the AIM gun, hearing demons behind you. You need to set it up for smooth movement tho. 

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Its definitely fun. Using the AIM gun, hearing demons behind you. You need to set it up for smooth movement tho. 

The fact that there is no news at all about a left handed patch and that I've tweeted ID multiple times asking them with no response, makes me pretty confident there is never going to be a left handed patch.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

The fact that there is no news at all about a left handed patch and that I've tweeted ID multiple times asking them with no response, makes me pretty confident there is never going to be a left handed patch.

Probably not. You should still play it tho...lol

On 8/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think XCOM 2 was a lot easier than the first. The ability to pick evac points made it a lot easier to me as well as the support soldiers being able to carry 3 medpacks and drone heal/revive without having to be beside the character

XCom 2 is one of those games with a backwards linear difficulty, kinda like Skyrim. Basically, it starts off hard, but once you level up and upgrade your weapons, you can just steamroll through the game. WOTC adds the Chosen though which can make some things more difficult, and its still all around a really fun game.

Party chat pet peeves:

Snackers. Wait til in party to grab a few chips, and proceed to chew with the mic on.

Mouth breathers. Sound like they're playing in a wind tunnel, breathing into the mic.

Different game/same party. One group of friends playing a game that requires good communication. Another group of friends join same party, playing a different game and just talk up a storm. 

Adding on. People that never mute their mic. 

Proceed to talk to someone in their house/room with their mic still on. Or just burp, cough or sneeze with the mic on. Don't all modern gaming mics have a mute feature?

Archived