Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Well if I'm looking for reasons to be optimistic, they actually got a solid director (Leg 1) who has had recent success. It isn't  some trash director like Paul Anderson or someone else, that they kick these movies to. 

He also seems genuinely enthusiastic about the script, and seems adamant about the source material (Leg 2), and staying true to it.

Leg 3 (acting) is the easiest part, if you get the first 2 down pat, which no one has done yet. Silent Hill may have been the closest from what I have seen, in terms of source material, but even they took one too many liberties, and the writing was spotty.

Something like Metal Gear would need an incredible script, and in terms of source material they would need to stay the he'll away from anything not Big Boss/MSF-Outer Heaven, or Solid Snake/Shadow Moses, because not even a script from Oliver Stone could account for the craziness of Sons of Liberty-Guns if The Patriots-Diamond Dogs.

It's not a hard concept, even with something like Metal Gear

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If we're being brutally honest. I loved all of them (except Phantom Pain), but things got crazy with Sons of Liberty and beyond. Snake Eater was a gaming masterpiece. Not many Cold War ganes out there.

I've heard Snake Eater is really good but I never played it.  2 was so bad that it made me not want to play MGS again.  Then 3 got rave reviews so when 4 came around I couldn't pass, and that game was such a pile of **** I didn't even finish it past the 3rd chapter.  If I recall I quit after finishing the 3rd chapter.  I remember it had like a legit 45 minute cut scene or something, and the whole game just made no sense.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I've heard Snake Eater is really good but I never played it.  2 was so bad that it made me not want to play MGS again.  Then 3 got rave reviews so when 4 came around I couldn't pass, and that game was such a pile of **** I didn't even finish it past the 3rd chapter.  If I recall I quit after finishing the 3rd chapter.  I remember it had like a legit 45 minute cut scene or something, and the whole game just made no sense.

I would check out Snake Eater, PeaceWalker, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain (All Big Boss' saga, separate from Solid Snake/Led Enfants Terrible). Snake Eater and PeaceWalker were simply awesome, and Ground Zeroes was masterfully done on current gen, but with Phantom Pain, all his curveballs finally caught up with him  (at least for me) and the style of play just reeked of appeasement and ended up  feeling more  like a betrayal than anything else. I had hoped it would be rectified with a compete reboot of Zanzibarland/Outer Heaven, and finally merging the two main  characters (Solid Snake and Naked Snake, aka Big Boss, especially now that he was voiced by Kiefier Sutherland)' and throwing everything everyone had into a gigantic, graceful farewell to the franchise, but the  Kojima and Konami split (and whatever the he'll has happened with Konami since) has left me a vengeful spirit, unable to cross over. ?

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I would check out Snake Eater, PeaceWalker, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain (All Big Boss' saga, separate from Solid Snake/Led Enfants Terrible). Snake Eater and PeaceWalker were simply awesome, and Ground Zeroes was masterfully done on current gen, but with Phantom Pain, all his curveballs finally caught up with him  (at least for me) and the style of play just reeked of appeasement and ended up  feeling more  like a betrayal than anything else. I had hoped it would be rectified with a compete reboot of Zanzibarland/Outer Heaven, and finally merging the two main  characters (Solid Snake and Naked Snake, aka Big Boss, especially now that he was voiced by Kiefier Sutherland)' and throwing everything everyone had into a gigantic, graceful farewell to the franchise, but the  Kojima and Konami split (and whatever the he'll has happened with Konami since) has left me a vengeful spirit, unable to cross over. ?

About 99% chance I never play any of them, and the only one I would attempt is Snake Eater but it would need a remake on current gen cause I'm not hooking up my old hardware to play it.  There's already so little time to enjoy the games I do want to play in current gen that no chance I'd play any MGS games since I simply don't like the franchise.  The one on current gen didn't look appealing at all to me.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

About 99% chance I never play any of them, and the only one I would attempt is Snake Eater but it would need a remake on current gen cause I'm not hooking up my old hardware to play it.  There's already so little time to enjoy the games I do want to play in current gen that no chance I'd play any MGS games since I simply don't like the franchise.  The one on current gen didn't look appealing at all to me.

There was a MGS pack in PSN for the PS4 that I got about 9 months before Phantom Pain dropped. Might still be on there. PeaceWalker, Snake Eater, Guns of The Patriots, Metal Gear Solid, and Sons of Liberty were all on it.

On 6/24/2018 at 7:50 PM, Warhead36 said:

Just finished Vampyr. All in all a fun game. Just wish it were a little bit longer. With a few fixes it could have been a classic.

Yeah I'm enjoying it so far. The artwork is beautiful and the combat is pretty fun. Only problem I can see with it so far are the facial animations, which look a little creepy. Other than that though, not half bad.  

43 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

Has anyone tried the Monster Hunter World Behemoth Quest? Very difficult. Pretty much cannot be solo'd.

I haven't picked it back up yet but anything can be solo'ed. I was giving Tempered Pickle the fight of his life before I took a break, im sure I can work this guy too. But I dont even know anything about the fight as I haven't been on in a few months. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I haven't picked it back up yet but anything can be solo'ed. I was giving Tempered Pickle the fight of his life before I took a break, im sure I can work this guy too. But I dont even know anything about the fight as I haven't been on in a few months. 

You've got to check this fight out. This one is next level. Plus they borrowed some MMO mechanics(it's a FFXIV crossover event). It requires a lot of teamwork and cooperation. I'm not saying NOBODY can solo it, but in general it can't be solo'd. That was the intent. I solo'd the lvl 100 Sapphire Star Quest on my first try with no faints. But there is no chance in hell I could solo this thing. This thing is giving people fits. There are decent players out there with 50 attempts and no victories. I've got 3 and they were all with a wide range 5 mushroomancer with me for support. This Quest is no joke.

4 minutes ago, VeroViper said:

You've got to check this fight out. This one is next level. Plus they borrowed some MMO mechanics(it's a FFXIV crossover event). It requires a lot of teamwork and cooperation. I'm not saying NOBODY can solo it, but in general it can't be solo'd. That was the intent. I solo'd the lvl 100 Sapphire Star Quest on my first try with no faints. But there is no chance in hell I could solo this thing. This thing is giving people fits. There are decent players out there with 50 attempts and no victories. I've got 3 and they were all with a wide range 5 mushroomancer with me for support. This Quest is no joke.

What system do you play on I may have to party with you once or twice in between Destiny marathons. 

5 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Did anyone have a hard time with Horizon: Zero Dawn? I had to put it on easy haha. Maybe I'm just getting old. Same thing goes for XCOM 2. The first one I couldn't beat.

I played through on Hard the first time. There were some tough parts but that challenge in the combat was a big part of what made it fun for me. Gives you reason to try new strategies and items against the machines. I'm starting a new game + on the hardest just to say I did it but I already know some parts are going to be absolute hell. 

I think XCOM 2 was a lot easier than the first. The ability to pick evac points made it a lot easier to me as well as the support soldiers being able to carry 3 medpacks and drone heal/revive without having to be beside the character

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Did anyone have a hard time with Horizon: Zero Dawn? I had to put it on easy haha. Maybe I'm just getting old. Same thing goes for XCOM 2. The first one I couldn't beat.

You need to get your bow skills early -- Concentration 1 and 2, and then the skill which lets you fire of 2-3 arrows at once. These are key. Once you get these, then start building skills around them and getting better gear, you'll be unstoppable. 

I just started Monster Hunter last night. Well... enough to get through to the central hub place with all the boats. I'm supposed to find my cat....

Dialogue seems kinda hokey. Movement seems weird as well, but I am still in the tutorial stage (haven't been drilled on weapon usage).

I did create one sexy ass character though.

#OnlyTheBestPeople

On 8/7/2018 at 7:05 PM, Mournblade said:

Oct 5: Assassins Creed Oddessy

Think I'm skipping this one. Nothing at all about that game says A.C. to me. Origins pushed it last year. This seems to basically show all the signs of "We don't give a **** about y'all anymore."

Let the new fans have it, im done.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Think I'm skipping this one. Nothing at all about that game says A.C. to me. Origins pushed it last year. This seems to basically show all the signs of "We don't give a **** about y'all anymore."

Let the new fans have it, im done.

It definetly looks like a warmed over version of Origins. I'll play it, decide which of the two I like more, then trade in the loser. 

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I played through on Hard the first time. There were some tough parts but that challenge in the combat was a big part of what made it fun for me. Gives you reason to try new strategies and items against the machines. I'm starting a new game + on the hardest just to say I did it but I already know some parts are going to be absolute hell. 

I think XCOM 2 was a lot easier than the first. The ability to pick evac points made it a lot easier to me as well as the support soldiers being able to carry 3 medpacks and drone heal/revive without having to be beside the character

I might chalk it up to me getting old. Horizon is the first game I've ever played on easy.

3 hours ago, Mournblade said:

You need to get your bow skills early -- Concentration 1 and 2, and then the skill which lets you fire of 2-3 arrows at once. These are key. Once you get these, then start building skills around them and getting better gear, you'll be unstoppable. 

Good tips. Thanks. I'm around 60% done. I'll focus on the 2-3 arrows at once. Just got the tear arrows. Also, I think my game is bugged on the hunter quests. A couple of them it won't register no matter how many times I do them.

9 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

might chalk it up to me getting old. Horizon is the first game I've ever played on easy.

The combat is pretty challenging. Some of those guys just shipped my ass repeatedly until I upgraded and had better strategies 

Those tear arrows can be critical to knocking armor off. Make sure you have the hardppot arrows when attacking too and only use the hunter arrows for animals. 

I had some hunter missions skip too but eventually they registered. 

Archived