Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So I just watched the most recent Tomb Raider movie and it kicked ass, and it made me realize I completely missed out on Rise of the Tomb Raider.  The last one I played was on Xbox 360.

And I see there is a VR piece of this game on PS4. 

My question is, what exactly does the VR stuff add?  Anyone know?  Is the whole game in VR or just part of it?  The reason I ask is because if it's just a gimmicky part of it, I'd rather get it on Xbox One because I prefer that controller, but if there is some extra **** in VR I'd maybe consider it for PS4 instead, if it's a free download thing for it.

Not sure but it’s an awesome game and worth checking out even without VR

—-

Also - Xcom 2 is free on PS4 this month. I loved the first and this one is even better. It’s a top down turn based strategy game where you move your squad around a map trying to outmaneuver and kill our alien overlords while completing objectives for the resistance. It’s badass even tho I am getting my ass beat. I love the management of all the resources and researching new tech etc at home base. Also the squad customization is far more advanced than in the first. It’s a lot of fun

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Just finished Vampyr. All in all a fun game. Just wish it were a little bit longer. With a few fixes it could have been a classic.

What is it? You get to Play as a bloodsucker or something? If so, tbat would tempt me, seeing as the only thing that seemingly came close to that was the Dawnguard dlc from Skyrim,  and I wanted a bit more.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What is it? You get to Play as a bloodsucker or something? If so, tbat would tempt me, seeing as the only thing that seemingly came close to that was the Dawnguard dlc from Skyrim,  and I wanted a bit more.

Basically yeah. You're a Doctor who gets infected and become a Vampire.

The interesting mechanic is: you can choose to feed or not feed on citizens. Different citizens grant different amounts of XP, but feeding on(and thus killing)citizens can hurt the status of a district, and if hurt too much the district gets completely wrecked. If you don't feed, however, you're pretty weak. I did roughly the first half of the game without feeding and I was like seven levels behind the halfway point boss. After that, I started feeding more and it made the game a lot easier. There are different endings based on who you feed on, how many, district statuses, etc.

There is also a plague going around, causing citizens to get sick. You can choose to heal them if you want. If you do, their blood will be healthier, granting more XP. If you don't, they'll get more and more sick and eventually die. The story of the game centers around the origins of the plague and how it correlates with the vampirism, among other thing that get revealed later.

Fallout 76 In Detail

All-new graphics, lighting and landscape technology brings to life six distinct West Virginia regions... From the forests of Appalachia to the noxious crimson expanses of the Cranberry Bog, each region offers its own risks and rewards.

I hope the fam and lady can forgive me. **** it, don't care either way. The Appalachian Wasteland as of right now, is officially gonna have to reckon with Mr Sinister. Nothing else matters. I don't matter. 16x the detail apparently, which by Bethesda standards mean they've finally join the bare minimum of current gen graphics.

Now, with the question of fully multiplayer or not now answered, I am down for some Sasquatch/Mothman hunting and mountain hillbilly cannabalistic serial killing justice.

If game invasion ala Souls is allowed. I may never put this down for the entirety of 2018- 19.

Hope they finally answered my prayers and developed a series of regular and ballistic/energy hunting bows for this, along with a much improved melee system (4's was garbage and New Vegas' is awesome, which makes zero sense).

I'm all in on FO76.  Nothing I can do about some of the concerns I have with the online aspect, so might midas-whale embrace the game and just roll with it.  Rolling through the mountains with the ES homies and hulk-smashins whatever gets in our way could be fun. 

As far as NPCs, there's a 50+ page thread on the Fallout forums about people who are going to volunteer to play as NPCs, traders, and companions-for-hire.  I believe the beta is late July/early August, so we'll find out more as people can actually get their hands on it.   

1 hour ago, Chew said:

I'm all in on FO76.  Nothing I can do about some of the concerns I have with the online aspect, so might midas-whale embrace the game and just roll with it.  Rolling through the mountains with the ES homies and hulk-smashins whatever gets in our way could be fun. 

As far as NPCs, there's a 50+ page thread on the Fallout forums about people who are going to volunteer to play as NPCs, traders, and companions-for-hire.  I believe the beta is late July/early August, so we'll find out more as people can actually get their hands on it.   

One thing in definitely guarding against... I remember the No Man's Sky craze from a couple years back, and the promise of infinite possibilities/randomness, and it all turned out to be one of the greatest con jobs in modern videogame history, one that a paid a $59.99 price for.

I usually stay away from preorder/1st day pounces for games like this historically, for bug purposes, but my expectation is that due to this being their first foray into the mp realm, they are forced to address the type of buggy **** they usually run from, and keep a team on deck at all times to fix those kind of things, unless they want to be crucified. The multiplayer cult is ruthless when it comes to that stuff.

The npc issue definitely has me concerned, and it's good that they seem to be at least open to the possibility of finding a workaround that would suit the very audience that enabled them to reach these heights with the Fallout franchise, and meet halfway. I haven't played Elder Scrolls online, but I together that if they sucked at that, we'd hear about it.

I can easily see sort of a Witcher  kind of deal, where the land is ripe with legendary creatures/weapons/armor/power armor and monster quests similar to the Witcher for hire quests, as well as treasure quests. And I think they already sort of started shifting towards this with 4's Legendary system.

If they can do all of that, it will be a strong title. I am also expecting the note/information terminal lore to be top notch as well.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

literally cannot wait to explore the wastes with you guys and then murder one of you and frame @Mr. Sinister for it. 

Oh they'll know if it was me. I totally plan on making creepy death monuments out of my victims ?

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

16x the detail apparently, which by Bethesda standards mean they've finally join the bare minimum of current gen graphics.

:rofl89:

2 hours ago, Chew said:

there's a 50+ page thread on the Fallout forums about people who are going to volunteer to play as NPCs, traders, and companions-for-hire.

People also say they’re going to play support/medic in Battlefield and but I sure as **** always bleed out while fools step over my dying body 

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

People also say they’re going to play support/medic in Battlefield and but I sure as **** always bleed out while fools step over my dying body 

I feel you on that :rofl89:

You need to play BF with me.  I got'chu, cuz.  :cheers:

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I can easily see sort of a Witcher  kind of deal, where the land is ripe with legendary creatures/weapons/armor/power armor and monster quests similar to the Witcher for hire quests, as well as treasure quests. And I think they already sort of started shifting towards this with 4's Legendary system.

That's the vibe I'm getting.  It's 25 years after the bombs fell, so there really aren't that many people out and about just yet.  We're the first to head out of the vaults, so it's mostly just big, nasty creatures out there.  Run around with the homies on a yuge map, T-51 gleamin', Pulse Cannon beamin'.  It could be cool.  It won't be the traditional Fallout experience, which is why I was devastated after the first few days of the reveal, but I'm warming up to it. 

I told my wife that she can stay at home and cook Brahmin stew and clean the house while the homies are out pillaging. 

1 hour ago, Chew said:

I told my wife that she can stay at home and cook Brahmin stew and clean the house while the homies are out pillaging. 

:806:

4's legendary monsters put out some decent grub after you slayed them.... I'm thinking rad bobcat shish kabobs. 

I suspect we'll hear about build possibilities soon. If a killer cannibal build is a no go on this one,  next on the list is a Theseus minotaur slayer build, mixed with a bit of Egon. Full on monster hunter/Ghostbuster

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, you can pre-order the vanilla version of Fallout 76 from Amazon right now for $37.99 (after tax - price will vary by location).

Pre-ordering gets the 20% off price but then Amazon is also running a deal that you get another 20% off if you pay with Amex points (savings can be no more than $100)...and you can pay with any amount of points you want (I chose 1 point and still got the extra 20% off).

Total price was $37.99+ 1 Amex point.

The Amex deal can be found here:

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ascsubtag=738fa0067f8d11e88a5326bedd00fd3a0INT&node=17170797011

I liked it too. Still need to play the second one, and watch the movie. Been hearing that someone is trying to take another stab at Mortal Kombat, which I'm not sure about.

I feel like a lot of these games that have been around for decades and have expansive plots would be better served as series'.

Someone is going to get this right someday, and honestly, I think k it may be Fallout or GTA that does it, but an MK series would be awesome.

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but Rise of the Tomb Raider is really good.

In my top 5 PS4 games. Graphics aren't much but the story and gameplay are just tight and efficient.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider? Just plug it into my veins... 

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I liked it too. Still need to play the second one, and watch the movie. Been hearing that someone is trying to take another stab at Mortal Kombat, which I'm not sure about.

I feel like a lot of these games that have been around for decades and have expansive plots would be better served as series'.

Someone is going to get this right someday, and honestly, I think k it may be Fallout or GTA that does it, but an MK series would be awesome.

I'm holding out hopes that the Splinter Cell movie that Tom Hardy signed on for a few years ago might turn out good.

47 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm holding out hopes that the Splinter Cell movie that Tom Hardy signed on for a few years ago might turn out good.

Had no idea about that. Tom Hardy as Sam Fisher seems strange at first picturing it, but he's such a wide ranging actor that he could definitely nail that iconic grizzled vet look. I like it.

Archived