Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Had no idea about that. Tom Hardy as Sam Fisher seems strange at first picturing it, but he's such a wide ranging actor that he could definitely nail that iconic grizzled vet look. I like it.

I didn't like the casting at first.  Primarily because I thought he was too young.  With all the years that have passed since it was first announced, though, he's approaching Sam Fisher's age in the first game.  My other reservation with him is whether he can pull off Fisher's (formerly) iconic voice.

Isn't Hardy a little young? Fisher is supposed to be older with an adult daughter isn't he? Or is it gonna be like, the origin story of Sam Fisher?

Either way like just about every movie based off a game it's probably going to suck.

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Isn't Hardy a little young? Fisher is supposed to be older with an adult daughter isn't he? Or is it gonna be like, the origin story of Sam Fisher?

Either way like just about every movie based off a game it's probably going to suck.

Fisher was in his mid 40's, I believe, in the first game.  Hardy is now 40.  He was a bit young when he first signed on for the role, but he's getting pretty close at this point.

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ED358887-2DA5-49B0-BF83-5C5923C1103A.jpeg

[Geek] Hey now, they only destroyed advanced civilizations [Geek]

On that note, looks like Casey Hudson held a presser not that long ago detailing Bioware's plans for the next 3-5 years. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars look like the top projects, once they are done with Anthem.

So it has life, and Andromeda didn't kill it off after all. 

It's pretty obvious they must go back to the Reaper storyline, or the lore surrounding it, like the Krogan rebellions or the First Contact/Rachni Wars.

I'm honestly dying for an Alliance Squadron possibility too. These fools need to holla at me.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I would love to see another Dragon Age. I think they're done with Mass Effect, unless maybe they'll remaster the original trilogy which I would totally geek out over.

They better make it better than DA: Inquisition, which was pretty forgettable. 

On 7/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, Warhead36 said:

I would love to see another Dragon Age. I think they're done with Mass Effect, unless maybe they'll remaster the original trilogy which I would totally geek out over.

https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-has-people-figuring-out-dragon-age-4-intends-to-get-back-to-mass-effect/

It's not dead yet. Honestly no franchise like that ever truly dies. Resident Evil was hit or miss for years before they came back with a vengeance with Revelations, the OG remaster and then RE7.

Too much demand. 

On 7/7/2018 at 3:47 PM, Mournblade said:

They better make it better than DA: Inquisition, which was pretty forgettable. 

I didn't mind Inquisition. The story itself was actually pretty good, but it just had way too much filler content.

I loved Origins though. One of my all time favorite games. I'd kill for an Origins remaster.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-has-people-figuring-out-dragon-age-4-intends-to-get-back-to-mass-effect/

It's not dead yet. Honestly no franchise like that ever truly dies. Resident Evil was hit or miss for years before they came back with a vengeance with Revelations, the OG remaster and then RE7.

Too much demand. 

Please tell me there's a chance for KOTOR III:(

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Please tell me there's a chance for KOTOR III:(

I'd say it's a safe bet, with Casey Hudson back. Karpshyn coming back and leaving again isn't good, but I think post Anthem, in terms of a timeline, all 3 of the major titles are virtual locks.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:33 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

[Geek] Hey now, they only destroyed advanced civilizations [Geek]

On that note, looks like Casey Hudson held a presser not that long ago detailing Bioware's plans for the next 3-5 years. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars look like the top projects, once they are done with Anthem.

So it has life, and Andromeda didn't kill it off after all. 

It's pretty obvious they must go back to the Reaper storyline, or the lore surrounding it, like the Krogan rebellions or the First Contact/Rachni Wars.

I'm honestly dying for an Alliance Squadron possibility too. These fools need to holla at me.

This is only if EA doesn't kill off Bioware if Anthem doesn't live up to expectations. 

On 7/7/2018 at 1:33 PM, Warhead36 said:

I think Hudson said Dragon Age is next after Anthem. Their Austin studio was actually in pre-production for Dragon Age 4 before they were reassigned to help the Edmonton team get Anthem ready before February. And then after that they will revisit Mass Effect, and then Star Wars. 

19 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I didn't mind Inquisition. The story itself was actually pretty good, but it just had way too much filler content.

I loved Origins though. One of my all time favorite games. I'd kill for an Origins remaster.

I felt like DA:Inquisition went too far in address fan criticisms about DA2. The Hinterlands was too big, and it shouldn't have been the first big area you had to visit. For newer fans to the series, they were overwhelmed with so much exposition and lore in the very beginning that many of them completely missed that they didn't have to clear the Hinterlands before moving onto other areas, and hence, moving on with the story. Here is this massive area and you only needed to complete two minor quests there and then leave. It could've been implemented better. 

20 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

This is only if EA doesn't kill off Bioware if Anthem doesn't live up to expectations. 

I guess there's always that possibility, too, which would be awful. Still reeling from the fiasco between Konami and Kojima, and them pretty much nuking all their flagship titles for whatever they're doing now 

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Isn’t anthem supposed to be like a 10year game similar to Destiny? They won’t be done with that for awhile even after launch 

Andromeda was supposed to be supported for at least a couple years, and EA killed all work on it after just 3 months. And EA has a history of killing studios they've felt have underperformed. When EA has a body count of Maxis, Mythic, Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, Danger Close, Black Box, Pandemic and Visceral. It's a real concern that after Andromeda, EA may shut down Bioware and commission another dev to make their DA and ME IPs. I hope that isn't the case, or that Microsoft or someone with the wallet can save them, but who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I guess there's always that possibility, too, which would be awful. Still reeling from the fiasco between Konami and Kojima, and them pretty much nuking all their flagship titles for whatever they're doing now 

Konami is making a ridiculous amount of money off mobile games. So much money they don't really care much about the quality of their flagship IPs anymore. 

54 minutes ago, purbeast said:

At this point I don't see how it's possible that Anthem can live up to the hype.

No chance it will. Destiny didn't. The Division didn't. These games always create enormous hype and while they might end up being pretty good, they won't be revolutionary and it'll take months before they're really polished and in prime state.

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Looking for a solid RPG to play on a 3ds. Anyone play Xenoblade Chronicles 3D or the Link games?

I played the original Xenoblade on the Wii (same game as the 3DS port), and it was fantastic.  Highly recommended.  Haven't played the 3DS port, which I'm sure had to make some visual sacrifices on a game that already had to cut corners to fit on the Wii.  Looks stunning on a Wii emulator (considering the limitations of the console it was designed for), though, running at 1080p :) .

Archived