Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Bruh....No NPCs in Fallout 76?  "Every human you come across is a real person."  Bethesda, say it ain't so.  You ****ing idiots. 

The forums are now saying this game is a "spinoff" from the series, and that hopefully an actual RPG, single-player Fallout 5 is still in development.

No wonder Todd Howard didn't want to address these details under the bright lights of E3 with tens of millions of people watching live, because he knew the Fallout community would be devastated.  And they are.  The fallout forums are in full meltdown mode.

7 minutes ago, Chew said:

Bruh....No NPCs in Fallout 76?  "Every human you come across is a real person."  Bethesda, say it ain't so.  You ****ing idiots. 

The forums are now saying this game is a "spinoff" from the series, and that hopefully an actual RPG, single-player Fallout 5 is still in development.

No wonder Todd Howard didn't want to address these details under the bright lights of E3 with tens of millions of people watching live, because he knew the Fallout community would be devastated.  And they are.  The fallout forums are in full meltdown mode.

It's not my thing but they're just trying something different. A Fallout version of The Elder Scrolls Online. There will be more traditional Fallout games coming out just like TES. Hang in there Chew. 

13 hours ago, purbeast said:

.  WTF???  And no PSVR games?

Wow that was god awful. 

And no release dates for the 2 games I cared about.  If RE2 doesn't have PSVR support I won't even touch it.

https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/06/all-the-vr-games-sony-is-demoing-for-playstation-vr-at-e3-2018/

There are most definitely PSVR games coming out....some good ones by the look of it

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I'm looking forward to 76, which is probably a bad sign. 

Nah, I am too.  This looks better than Conan, ARK survival, etc. imo.  One article I read said that they don't want it to be too griefy, but still wanted some drama in regards to player interaction online.  Says that as you are progressing if you join a friends game, you take all your skills/progression over to theirs as well.  I think there are going to be consequences for those that only grief/pk, which is fine with me :D 

They said it won't be hundreds of people interacting at once, but like a dozen or so, since it's the apocalypse, so that should tone down a lot of the griefing.  I already know which path I'm taking.

Here is another article that explains a lot more about it:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/fallout-76-everything-you-need-to-know/

I'm mainly into survival horror games, so can't wait for TLOU2 and Dying Light 2. That said, I did watch that Spiderman vid with a big smile on my face, it looks like a lot of fun.

I'm very disappointed so far with the news about FO76. I put over 800 hours into FO4, mainly on survival mode with a few mods added to make it harder (less health, loot, food and ammo, stronger enemies, etc). I don't want to play co-op with other players helping me out, and I definitely don't want to pay a subscription to Sony to be able to play online. Right now I'm thinking that I won't buy it, but will probably change my mind come November (who saw that release date coming!?!)

If I've got this right, Todd H has said that all other players in the game will be real people and that there will be dozens (not hundreds or thousands) of players per game. Given that FO76 is four times the size of FO4, then that's a pretty empty wasteland.

I don't think there will be a problem with people nuking others' settlements for fun. It was stated that the nukes will spawn rare materials. Why would you nuke others, giving them the chance to harvest those materials? Seems more likely that you would nuke an area fairly close to yourself so that you have access to them. Maybe the nuke explosions will be like airdrops in Dying Light, with everyone rushing to ground zero to collect the rare stuff.

I am interested to see how they incorporate the no slowdown VATS, seems like it may be a bit redundant. Also the CAMP system seems like a good evolution of settlement building, although no NPCs to assign to shops or crops seems like a backward step.

It was mentioned that you can take your progression with you into other players' servers. How this would work if you both have a built settlements in the same place wasn't addressed though.

The photo mode thing with the cute poses seems like something from Fortnite and doesn't interest me, but I am a bit of an old git, so maybe the young-uns really enjoy that sort of thing.

The band that played before the Bethesda show seemed pretty cringe-worthy, with most of the audience sitting there open-mouthed and confused. I heard that the singer in the band was the voice behind Red-Eye, the DJ on Raider Radio in Nuka World, so I give them a pass for that if true.

All in all, I'm very excited for quite a few upcoming games and gonna wait and see on a few others. What a ****ing awesome time to be a gamer.

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

The photo mode thing with the cute poses seems like something from Fortnite and doesn't interest me, but I am a bit of an old git, so maybe the young-uns really enjoy that sort of thing.

I agree with most of your post and I'd tend to agree with this part as well. However, photo mode with poses was included in Horizon Zero Dawn and it was pretty awesome. You can create some great shots with it and the different poses available. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Maybe. Remains to be seen. It'll definitely suck for me, seeing as I have no desire to interact n that realm with potentially annoying people.

Yep, that's what I was afraid of.  Even if you want to play the main quest/story by yourself, you will still be "online with other players."  Imagine being in the middle of a firefight to complete a quest and some dick-breath with a Fatman feels like trolling.  That is NOT "Fallout." 

I'm still going to get 76, but really bummed that it's not what we were expecting. 

7 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yep, that's what I was afraid of.  Even if you want to play the main quest/story by yourself, you will still be "online with other players."  Imagine being in the middle of a firefight to complete a quest and some dick-breath with a Fatman feels like trolling.  That is NOT "Fallout." 

I'm still going to get 76, but really bummed that it's not what we were expecting. 

Yeah, the map stuff @London Kev mention has me wtf'ing as well. Fallout 4's was massive enough (never saw all of it, and haven't finished all DLC's because of it). I no longer fall for the "Look at our map! nonsense. I'm all quality v quantity.

Gonna have to see how this plays out before I decide if I want to purchase or not.

That, and, well, Bethesda Studios and Online gaming/servers seems like a match made in the deepest recesses of the Dunwich building...

Sooooo is it too early to say we should all make friends and play fallout together? Or, at least be in the same world so I can some and shoot a few of you and maybe live in your house when you are not around? 

also 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

I don't think there will be a problem with people nuking others' settlements for fun. It was stated that the nukes will spawn rare materials. Why would you nuke others, giving them the chance to harvest those materials? Seems more likely that you would nuke an area fairly close to yourself so that you have access to them. Maybe the nuke explosions will be like airdrops in Dying Light, with everyone rushing to ground zero to collect the rare stuff.

meet @Dont Taze Me Bro He will 100% Nuke you if he can lol

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, the map stuff @London Kev mention has me wtf'ing as well. Fallout 4's was massive. I no longer fall for the "Look at our map! nonsense. I'm all quality v quantity.

Gonna have to see how this plays out before I decide if I want to purchase or not.

That, and, well, Bethesda Studios and Online gaming/servers seems like a match made in the deepest recesses of the Dunwich building...

Im honestly gonna be disappointed if I cant play this with you. So im going to do what I can to talk you into it. 

Starting with the "you get the feeling of playing alone with a massive map and only around 24 players on it" thing. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Sooooo is it too early to say we should all make friends and play fallout together? Or, at least be in the same world so I can some and shoot a few of you and maybe live in your house when you are not around? 

also 

meet @Dont Taze Me Bro He will 100% Nuke you if he can lol

London Kev gonna be sitting in his new house, all proud, then I find him..........

Image result for nuclear bomb house animated gif

Related image

I now cannot wait until this game gets released :806:

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

also 

meet @Dont Taze Me Bro 

Im honestly gonna be disappointed if I cant play this with you. So im going to do what I can to talk you into it. 

Starting with the "you get the feeling of playing alone with a massive map and only around 24 players on it" thing. 

Really captures that post apocalyptic style depression and boredom. Just you, sitting by your lonesome, weeks at a time, until you lose it and dress your character like Captain Spaulding, looking to dazzle the first weary traveler you come across with fried chicken

It's to die for!

Just now, Xameil said:

I already have a group of people gathering to start a version of our Valkyrie clan there if anyone's interested....

Of course that's dependent on if it is able.to be done there

I read you can join friends games, but that's the extent of what I've seen.  Not sure if they will allow a party to join, but they might.  It would be cool if there was no limit to the amount of people that can join one server though.  We need a death squad to move server to server nuking and killing everyone in sight :D 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Really captures that post apocalyptic style depression and boredom. Just you, sitting by your lonesome, weeks at a time, until you lose it and dress your character like Captain Spaulding, looking to dazzle the first weary traveler you come across with fried chicken

It's to die for!

Well yea when you put it like that it sounds boring. But then put a Nuke in the hands of a mad man then that **** changes fast. Ima read more about it and try to sell it to you. 

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read you can join friends games, but that's the extent of what I've seen.  Not sure if they will allow a party to join, but they might.  It would be cool if there was no limit to the amount of people that can join one server though.  We need a death squad to move server to server nuking and killing everyone in sight :D 

Again - yall will not be bored with this maniac running around lol

Archived