Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So Battlefield V is set in WW2 and features a female soldier on the cover. Additionally you can select a female character in the multiplayer matches. 

There seems to be a lot of backlash about this and people losing their **** over it as SJW and PC garbage. They claim it messes up the immersion seeing too many women soldiers on the field and it’s just too historically inaccurate and only there to push a leftist agenda. 

Nothing about BFs gameplay has been realistic to the combat that it supposedly represents yet somehow seeing more women characters is unforgivable? 

Lots of guys just hate women 

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't play shooters but if the gameplay is good, who the hell cares?

You aware of the makeup of the core loyalist video game (and especially fps/multiplayer community)?

It's a bunch of social reject losers who congregate over the internet and in game chatrooms, where they talk about why it's everyone else's fault that they suck at life.

This would absolutely piss them off 

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So Battlefield V is set in WW2 and features a female soldier on the cover. Additionally you can select a female character in the multiplayer matches. 

There seems to be a lot of backlash about this and people losing their **** over it as SJW and PC garbage. They claim it messes up the immersion seeing too many women soldiers on the field and it’s just too historically inaccurate and only there to push a leftist agenda. 

Nothing about BFs gameplay has been realistic to the combat that it supposedly represents yet somehow seeing more women characters is unforgivable? 

Lots of guys just hate women 

For some people that it's but for others it's just the way they go about it. Like look at this woman, she is so tough look how badass she is and wow even has a fake robotic hand see she can hack out on the front lines as well as any man can. 95% of the games we play are fantasy and not made to be real life simulators, so just toss women in the trailer like all the other soldiers and write a great story with a great woman character during the campaign. Don't make the games main point being shallow and about gender, make the game about a great story starring a great character that just so happens to be a woman. Its just comes off looking forced and fake. It's not always black and white like you either like woman or you don't.  It's like the Last Jedi, rational people (yes there are definitely ignorant people with shallow viewpoints too that didn't like the Last Jedi) commented that the story and characters were just bad and filled with flaws and the response was basically "no, the story and characters were great you just are a racist misogynistic bigot". 

Personally, I don't freaking care. These are people's fantasy worlds and they can do whatever they want with it. I don't care who or what is running around with a bionic arm, Just tell a good story that has good shooter mechanics that is worth full retail price. 

I highly recommend Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. It's by the same people making Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the symphony of the night creators kickstarted game. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is the prequel to Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and is pretty much Castlevania 3. It plays exactly like it. If you enjoyed the retro Castlevania games on the NES, it's a guarantee you'll like this game. It's only $9.99 too for PC/PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

37 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

so just toss women in the trailer like all the other soldiers and write a great story with a great woman character during the campaign. Don't make the games main point being shallow and about gender, make the game about a great story starring a great character that just so happens to be a woman. Its just comes off looking forced and fake

I get your point but how can they even complain now. They’ve seen that woman with the prosthetic hand for 10 seconds and it’s been stated that it’s just a tell for the multiplayer customization you can do for any character you choose. 

A lot of the complaints I’ve seen are “it’s unrealistic I don’t want to see a bunch of women running around in the multiplayer” but they wouldn’t say anything when their are 20 guy characters in a match running around with robot hands 

30 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Soooo, Detroit Become Human is currently my GOTY. 

I need to pick that up. Any other non spoilers opinions on it to provide?

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's a lot like Heavy Rain, but better. The visuals are the best I've seen on a PS4. Like Heavy Rain, all three protagonist can die in the middle of the game and the story will continue on. It has some many variations for endings that I couldn't even count them all. No one will have the exact same playthrough. Also, this game features the best main menu ever. There is an interactive android that speaks to you, makes jokes, comments positively or negatively on the decisions you made in the game, gives you surveys, and will ask you thought provoking questions. 

I think it's the best Quantic Dream game, even better than Indigo Prophecy. And if you've enjoyed games like Until Dawn and Telltale games, you'll love this one. 

I was just about to tell yall I cured my MHW problem with Detroit but I see the experts are already on it. 

I love yalls game reviews. Better than everywhere else. Yall could make some cheese for real. 

Playing AC Origins now. Pretty good. Great graphics and magnificent rendering of Ancient Egypt. Using a bow puts a new twist on combat.

But Black Flag remains the best AC game for me, despite being much older. 

Up next for me: Detroit BH, Vampyr, Conan Exiles. 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:15 AM, Gamebreaker said:

Soooo, Detroit Become Human is currently my GOTY. 

It really is an amazing story experience. I can't wait to finish it and then replay some of the chapters. Its insane how many choices you can actually make. I'm really looking forward to seeing just how differently things turn out.

In other news...NEW FALLOUT GAME.

God help me...

Edit, just saw the video 

**** this. I need to put my mind to use somewhere. I figured the only logical place they could go next was the Appalachian/Gulf region, and I 100% no bull**** envisioned John Denver's Take me home country roads song playing in the usual  teaser/pan back.

Came here to post the Fallout teaser, and the homies are already on it.  :)

Looks like Fallout 4 graphics with a new story set in West VA/Appalachia.  Fallout forums are saying June 10th for the official trailer release, E3 starts June 12th. 

My balls are all tingly.  I don't even care if it doesn't end up being a classic in the series, just stoked we're getting new Fallout.  Some folks speculated we wouldn't see a new Fallout game until 2020 or 2021. 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:45 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I get your point but how can they even complain now. They’ve seen that woman with the prosthetic hand for 10 seconds and it’s been stated that it’s just a tell for the multiplayer customization you can do for any character you choose. 

A lot of the complaints I’ve seen are “it’s unrealistic I don’t want to see a bunch of women running around in the multiplayer” but they wouldn’t say anything when their are 20 guy characters in a match running around with robot hands 

Fair point and I won't try to explain that because I agree with you. It's a freaking trailer get a grip.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

pot-and-kettle.png

What does this mean? I didn't care that a woman was featured for the trailer or as the box art? If caring more about good stories that just so happens to include badass women and minorities over games where identity politics is the story then guilty as charged I guess.

18 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

It's also being rumored this new fallout might be an MMO or have heavy emphasis on being able to play co-op if you want. 

Please god no. I mean, I don't mind optional co-op, but no MMO.

I doubt they go MMO though. Bethesda already has an MMO in Elder Scrolls Online. They won't self cannibalize.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt they go MMO though. Bethesda already has an MMO in Elder Scrolls Online. They won't self cannibalize.

Exactly.  Fallout co-op with friends sounds like a dream come true.  But online with a bunch of randoms?  Hard pass. 

We'll find out in a few weeks I guess. 

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This was speculation before the trailer came out so who knows. Optional Co-Op like borderlands would be fun though.

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Came here to post the Fallout teaser, and the homies are already on it.  :)

Looks like Fallout 4 graphics with a new story set in West VA/Appalachia.  Fallout forums are saying June 10th for the official trailer release, E3 starts June 12th. 

My balls are all tingly.  I don't even care if it doesn't end up being a classic in the series, just stoked we're getting new Fallout.  Some folks speculated we wouldn't see a new Fallout game until 2020 or 2021. 

This seems to be to Fallout 4 how New Vegas was to 3. I’m actually pretty surprised they’re doing another Fallout before the next Elder Scrolls so I assume it shares a lot of assets with 4. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Smells like a Fall 2019 release 

Maybe not. Fallout 4 was announced for before E3 in June and came out that Fall. They like to get their ducks in a row before bringing a game to the spotlight 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Maybe not. Fallout 4 was announced for before E3 in June and came out that Fall. They like to get their ducks in a row before bringing a game to the spotlight 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It'll come out this fall to coincide with Fallout 3's 10 year anniversary.

This is gonna be a problem for me...

Archived