Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I bought Alien Isolation on PSN like a week before I got PSVR for like $6 and never played it more than like 20 minutes.  Now I have a big ass backlog of VR games and God of War, so I don't see myself going back to it any time soon unfortunately :(

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Alien: Isolation may go down as the "Way of the Samurai" of this gen. Total shame that you are reduced to scratching and clawing to create something like that these days.

Isolation in VR on Survival/Nightmare +surround would probably trigger a number of medical and psychological conditions

Basically like playing Bobby Fischer in a sick, twisted game of chess in the deepest part of Hell.

Yeah, I've been saving it to play with VR. I've got it on PC and now PS4 Pro. I'm starting to think I'm just going to get PSVR, I really REALLY want the new Vive Model and have the PC to power it but the total cost of the new unit, cameras and controllers is $1100. That's a lot of money for a tech that is still trying to find its way. Really want to try Skyrim VR too.

11 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Yeah, I've been saving it to play with VR. I've got it on PC and now PS4 Pro. I'm starting to think I'm just going to get PSVR, I really REALLY want the new Vive Model and have the PC to power it but the total cost of the new unit, cameras and controllers is $1100. That's a lot of money for a tech that is still trying to find its way. Really want to try Skyrim VR too.

If you get PSVR and don't get the Skyrim bundle, I'd sell you my sealed copy for like $30 if you wanted it.  I got it with the bundle back in November but I'm not a fan of those games.

13 hours ago, purbeast said:

I bought Alien Isolation on PSN like a week before I got PSVR for like $6 and never played it more than like 20 minutes. 

Its not for everyone, I'll readily admit. It is quintessential thinking man's survival horror. And it must be played on either hard or nightmare, to truly be immersed in Alien lore.

I mean, you can play it on the lower levels, but it's like regular vs diet soda, basically....Visually everything is still there, but it doesn't deliver the same jolt to your bloodstream.

Incredible audio and level design, ripped right out of the movies. By the end, I was pretty much tormented and mentally exhausted. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

snot for everyone, I'll readily admit. It is quintessential thinking man's survival horror. And it must be played on either hard or nightmare, to truly be immersed in Alien lore.

I nean, you can play it on the lower levels, but it's like regular vs diet soda, basically....Visually everything is still there, but it doesn't deliver the same jolt to your bloodstream.

Incredible audio and level design, ripped right out of the movies. By the end, I was pretty much tormented and mentally exhausted. 

Yeah I heard it's really good.  And I have a great surround sound setup in my home theater where I play too.  I wonder if it could even hold a candle to Resident Evil 7 in VR though now that I've finished that game.  I feel like I didn't even really comprehend what a scary game was until I played RE7 on PSVR.

Yeah, as much as I loved the original Dead Space, in  terms of more recent stuff, its  hard to be too shook when you can blast everything. Gotta have that fight or flight triggered, and with Isolation, knowing there is no way to effectively kill it is what drives home the feeling of hopelessness, while it stalks you literally around every corner, while you also have to fend off androids and hostile looters

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

If you get PSVR and don't get the Skyrim bundle, I'd sell you my sealed copy for like $30 if you wanted it.  I got it with the bundle back in November but I'm not a fan of those games.

I'll keep that in mind in the next few months if I end up getting one. Thank you for the offer I really appreciate it. 

12 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I finished God of War last night. Such an awesome game. Tonight I'll start playing Hellblade on xbox. 

Jealous man, I really want to play that game but I have a really busy stretch coming up with work so I've barely held off on getting it. I didn't want to get started and then have a 2-3 week break before getting back into it. This is where the Switch comes in, have some games I'm looking forward to playing on there like Blossom Tales (pretty much original Legend of Zelda) and DKC Tropical Freeze. I think all consoles in the future and PC should have a portable option. It's the next step in gaming, Nintendo really nailed it this time.

May PS4 Plus free games are available. 

Beyond: Two Souls - we talked about this earlier. By the makers of Heavy Rain and the upcoming Detroit Become Human game. Narrative, choice driven. I haven’t played this one so I’m excited about it

Rayman Legends- this is an awesome platformer. Lots of fun, Highly recommend    

Rayman is my sheit. Me and the GF play that. 

Actually now that I think about it. Can tall recommend any good couch co-op on PS4? 

We dig **** like Diablo 3. Rayman. Boarderlands. One Piece Pirate Warriors. Anything two player where we can kill **** and or with decent puzzles. 

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Actually now that I think about it. Can tall recommend any good couch co-op on PS4? 

We dig **** like Diablo 3. Rayman. Boarderlands. One Piece Pirate Warriors. Anything two player where we can kill **** and or with decent puzzles. 

There is a co-op prison game on ps4 called “a way out” that people like. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/a-way-out-is-a-must-play-1823990979/amp

On 4/30/2018 at 10:20 PM, Gamebreaker said:

I finished God of War last night. Such an awesome game. Tonight I'll start playing Hellblade on xbox. 

How long is God of War? I only play on weekends, so it is a game that will take up one weekend, or more?

12 hours ago, Llevron said:

OctoDad lol

if you aren’t aware, it’s a co-op game about an octopus trying to fit in with a human family and not reveal that he is an octopus. One person controls his arms and the other his legs as you make him go thru his day in an effort to avoid outing himself 

I played God of War for like 4-5 total hours today and I BARELY progressed the story.  I got caught up just exploring and doing side missions.  And I loved every second of it.  The way I play is they set the waypoint of where to go to progress the story, and then I pretty much do everything BUT go there.  I've found it tons of fun and by the time I get to where I need to go, I'm pretty strong because I've leveled up quite a bit.  I also run into enemies that I'm clearly not ready to face yet so I just don't fight them after I die a few times trying.

I've played for probably like 12-14 hours and I think I'm around the halfway point of the game at this point.  It's just such an incredible game and I'm loving every second of it.

Conan: Exiles (PS4) coming out this week. Looks like it could have potential. One thing I'm nto sure about it though -- is it an MMO that requires

internet connection? Does it offer a single player campaign? If its a dedicated MMO I'm not going to be interested.

Staring God of War this weekend -- stoked! 

I started up New Vegas last night. I had no idea that's what the NCR was. I had no knowledge of Fallout lore beyond 3, which was the first I ever played, and probably my favorite Bethesda mod from Skyrim (Lore books spread throughout the world to help you better  understand the games present and past ) is not present in Fallout 4.

Pretty interesting, though the character models are just laughably bad (almost reminded me of the early days of Pixar animation in the intro sequence where the Courier is shot), but it's manageable.

I had to go to sleep so I stopped at character creation. From what I have seen so far this game almost has sort of a Mad Max feel to it. Can't wait to try it out. I bought it at launch, but sold it to my cousin because I never got around to playing it.

I hope they have  Nellis/Groom Lake in here somewhere

Archived