Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

7 hours ago, Llevron said:

Sounds like Skyrim with guns and mountain lions. And I like Skyrim. And Guns. 

This was actually a much picked on quote from a review of Far Cry 3. The reviewer said it was "Skyrim with guns" which was accurate in some ways but Far Cry has never had the story elements of TES series. Either way, I thought it was funny you described it like that. 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Damn Skyrim with guns eh? I've never played a Far Cry before, how much does that matter?

None. Each is a unique story. It's a pretty wild series where spontaneous situations arise out of nowhere. All kinds of random things can happen because the environments are so full of enemies, explosives and aggressive animals that you can handle however you want. You never know what's around the corner. It's a ton of fun and the gunplay is fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This was actually a much picked on quote from a review of Far Cry 3. The reviewer said it was "Skyrim with guns" which was accurate in some ways but Far Cry has never had the story elements of TES series. Either way, I thought it was funny you described it like that. 

FC3 wasn't even the same ballpark size-wise as Skyrim. FC5 OTOH is Skyrim-comparable in size. Huge, quest-packed world. 

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Started a new Redskins franchise in Madden 18 with updated rosters. RGIII threw a TD pass in the last minute to tie it and then Kevin Hogan in overtime won it with a huge 25 yard scamper :cheers:

Did you ever get your MUT team upgraded?  My offense is 93 and defense is 92.  We need to play some MUT squads man.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, Mournblade said:

Its that + 2018 Graphics. The game is really gorgeous -- graphics look like they were done by Bethesda, and not Ubisoft.

Only weakness I found with is it pretty hard to stealth destroy a settlement. I've found that I can stealth kill 4-5 cultists at most, and

then I have to rely on my trusty M60. Stealth controls are unfortunately pretty limited and awkward eg. stealth kills from below

and above are pretty tricky to master. 

Check that, I just found to way to unlock a silencer and a sight for my handgun. Then I stealthed an outpost of 20 + reinforcements. :)

So I have decided that I am totally done with the Bethesda modding experience, and want to do this for real, before I say peace out to FO4. No more headaches.

Besides, I like trophies, to serve as visible reminders of certain milestones and achievement points. And it's now more fun than ever, and not retarded as hell with that immersive gaming mod I had on, where everyone fights like Luc Deveraux on crack, running from the cops, and everything fights like Godzilla and the Spacebot from The Day The Earth Stood Still

Anyways, since this is definitely the last run, and now that I know it will be unimpeded by mod nonsense, I have gone all out. Fast melee guerilla sneak, long/big gun build, with the General Chao's Revenge sword (godsend and works brilliantly with the 50% robot damage boost so you can rush them and hack up close so they can't use those damn lasers. Works well on Synths too (playing with immersive gaming for so long, they are stupid and slow as molasses without it).

Basically, with most npc's, I get off a shot with the musket, fully cranked, or a couple shots with the sniper rifle, then rush them and start hacking the rest to finish it off and save ammo (it will be refined once I level Moving Target and Blitz). I'm at 10 Power  (started at 9), 8 Agility (started at 6), so that's where my bread and butter is

Also grabbed an incendiary handmade shotty from a legendary Super mutant. Cradted a stealth knife, and found a night vision sniper rifle. Got a Minigun, Missile launcher and a Fatman too, but my big gun rating needs work (emptied the nukes on one of those extra crazy Deathclaws, and it might as well have been a pie to the face). So do my melee and damage absorption perks (as I level up).

He's gonna be  a melee tank soon, though. I'm familiar enough with the crafting system to know how to switch around armor and weapon mods now to help get me there quicker (nabbed a +3 Luck gauntlet off a Raider)but he's kinda dumb (sacrifices had to be made) so it's gonna take some critical thinking.

The easiest thing to do would be kill any poor basterd unlucky enough to cross my path, plunder  his goods, and eat his dog (if he has a dog, if not work around it) to get more xp, get more goods, to get better at killing more people, etc, but for now I'm trying to earn Preston's affinity perk, which will help all my settlements iirc (by the way, it's so fun really having to work for your settlements now, making supply runs, and dealing with the unfortunate hazardous detour... Reminds me of The Walking Dead). After that I'm gonna try to find Cait.

Since she's sort of just down for whatever, I'll be able to get away with more. Goal is to eventually get the Idiot Savant Perk, which will help me quicker fill out all the other perks so I don't run back into the beginning of the game where it's taking me 5 minutes to kill somebody, then I'll get to my ultimate goal of joining the Railroad, just to knife them in the back, and show them what it really means to save people.

Anyone playing Tera Online on PS4?  Or XBox 1?  It just got released on console like 2-3 weeks ago, free download and F2P with P2W (if you want to go that route).  I played it on PC from launch until a few years ago, thought it was a pretty fun, solid game.  Lots of grinding for mats to craft/enchant top end gear, at least it used to be.

I just started up on PS4 last night.  Apparently they made major changes to the game and one can get a character to max level in 2-3 days or within one week.  Open world PvP on the PvP servers is locked until max level 65 and will only allow you to attack/PK other level 65s, in order to avoid ganking lowbies (booo!  :) ), but they still have instanced PvP battlegrounds available prior to 65.  

I've been reading its pretty buggy, crashes, etc. but had no issues last night what so ever.  So, again, is anyone playing this or plan to play this game?  

Perfect score is akin to the kiss of death for me, but good news. I could never really get into God of War back in the PS2 days. Looked beautiful, and the free flowing style was fun, but I dunno, just seemed a little too over the top and it never hooked me.

I'm sure I'll play it sometime in 2021.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Lmao I still thought it looked good. Like a perfect hybrid of the Arkham system with Spider-Man’s supreme agility, senses and web weaponry 

Maybe if Arkham swan dove into a salt mine full of coke. I'm getting it regardless. Just expected more of a  quick, smooth, stylish delivery, and not so arcade like.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looked beautiful, and the free flowing style was fun, but I dunno, just seemed a little too over the top and it never hooked me.

Same here. This one seems more

methodical and grounded in reality. This is a more Logan-esque in tone version of god of war with a scales down combat style from the ridiculous hack n slash of before. 

I played Kirby on Switch for about 2.5 hours on my 2 flights over the past weekend.  The game has absolutely no challenge at all, to the point that it's boring.  I haven't even come close to dying and I have like 48 lives.  You can mash every boss too.  The whole "all star" aspect with individual powers is just not even necessary and makes it just super easy.  Finding the "secrets" in the game are so easy too.  I haven't finished one level on my first play through without unlocking everything that level has to offer. 

The game just feels like it's a game completely designed for 5 year olds with how easy it is.  It does have a good charm though.  And I mean it's kind of fun if you don't want to be challenged.

I do not recommend it.

11 hours ago, purbeast said:

I played Kirby on Switch for about 2.5 hours on my 2 flights over the past weekend.  The game has absolutely no challenge at all, to the point that it's boring.  I haven't even come close to dying and I have like 48 lives.  You can mash every boss too.  The whole "all star" aspect with individual powers is just not even necessary and makes it just super easy.  Finding the "secrets" in the game are so easy too.  I haven't finished one level on my first play through without unlocking everything that level has to offer. 

The game just feels like it's a game completely designed for 5 year olds with how easy it is.  It does have a good charm though.  And I mean it's kind of fun if you don't want to be challenged.

I do not recommend it.

I'm not surprised.  Kirby hasn't really been known for being challenging.  At least not in the past 15 years.  I remembered Crystal Shards having a good mix between simplicity to get through levels and cleverness/skill to get some of the secrets.

Archived