Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

33 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just finished the Proving.  I would describe my combat style as "shooting lots of fire arrows at things from atop rocks and other high places."

Youre still really early then and haven’t been exposed to any of the animals really. It gets a lot better. I focused on the silent attack skills early and my combat was focused on the ground more. I’d Get in close for hits and dive away while firing arrows at them and leasing them into traps as they charge at me. It gets a lot more intense that way. Then as the skills develop it also opens up to a lot of stealth opportunity too like bein up top and jumping down for instant kills. 

I think mostly I'm having trouble with figuring out what loot is valuable to keep, what weapons are good for various situations, and, basically, how to progress.  

Which is why I'm looking forward to FC5.  I'm pretty sure it's just going to let me go ****ing wild and blow all kinds of **** up right off the bat. 

I'm a very simple-minded person. :)

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Anyone with PSVR, spend the $30 and get Moss.  It's a short game but worth the $30.  It's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.  It is so well done and has such charm.  Pictures and videos do not do the game justice, seeing it in motion is another story.  And the sound and story telling aspects are just incredible.  The animation is on another level that has never been seen before in gaming, as is the connection that you make with Quill.

I think I'm going to get this for myself for my bday. You think it's worth the price tag yet?

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think I'm going to get this for myself for my bday. You think it's worth the price tag yet?

I do.  I got the Skyrim bundle when it first came out around Black Friday for $350.  I don't care for Skyrim and still have it sealed, but it came with the v2 of the headset, the camera, and 2 move controllers.  

Since then I've bought more games for PSVR than I've bought for Xbox One and PS4 combined since launch.  A lot of the games are pretty cheap too.  The most I've payed for a game is $60 but that was Farpoint Bundle that included the Aim controller.  And Farpoint is one of the coolest ****ing experiences I've ever had.  The gun works so incredibly well.  It's hard to explain (as it is with most VR stuff) and you just have to experience it.  There is something about physically looking down the scope to aim that is just so damn rewarding.

Then RE7 in VR ... holy ****.  That's one of the most intense/creepy/scary things I've ever played, and I loved every damn minute of it.  It was like $20 too.  It's a pretty long game too I think it took me around 10 hours to complete.  But the environment is just so damn creepy, and again, something you can't really explain to someone they just have to experience it.

And then I also have Doom (haven't opened), Paranormal Activity (haven't opened), Thumper, Moss, Superhot VR, and VR Worlds.  The most I paid for those games was Moss at $30, Superhot VR was $25 since I wanted physical copy and it just came out in Europe only, so I imported it, and the rest were $10 - $20.  I'm waiting for hopefully a left handed patch for Doom.  I also bought Bravo Team a week or so ago but I returned it without opening it because it got really terrible reviews.  There are also 2 PSVR demo discs that have like 12 or so demos on each of them.

I also just want to say I have a PS4 Pro and I have never played PSVR on a normal PS4 so I'm not sure how good it looks on there.  The graphics on it are pretty good but they can't compete with PC VR.  I've only done a demo of PC VR at the MS Store in the mall, and it's clear that textures are better and there is a bigger FOV.  

I was one who used to hate on VR and call it a fad and make fun of it because people look stupid using it and the videos of the games people are playing look so dumb.  But once I tried it on PC, I was sold instantly.  I then tried PSVR at Best Buy when they were demo'ing it, and the VR Worlds demo and Moss demo completely sold me on it so I grabbed it.

I have an Xbox One X, a Switch, and PS4, and since I got my PSVR I pretty much haven't touched anything else, other than some Mario Odyssey because I wanted to get all of the moons.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think mostly I'm having trouble with figuring out what loot is valuable to keep, what weapons are good for various situations, and, basically, how to progress.  

Which is why I'm looking forward to FC5.  I'm pretty sure it's just going to let me go ****ing wild and blow all kinds of **** up right off the bat. 

I'm a very simple-minded person. :)

The only plants I worried about were the red health ones. I didn’t really mess with the the others. 

Weapon wise, the hunter bow is the best option for hunting, fire elements or killing humans. Once you get two other bows they will be specific for elements either frost, shock, corruption or tear (knocks armor off robots revealing weaknesses) you just need to know the various weaknesses of the enemies to know which bow to use. You learn about the enemies by highlighting them in the focus no then I’d check the menu catalogue of them to keep memorizing the best ways to defeat them and where to shoot them. 

I used the tripcaster a lot too. It is perfect for premeditated kills where you can run a herd of group into a trap and kill them or box them in when they aren’t looking with several or place them along their walk paths. 

The slings id just use when I wanted to hit a bunch of them at once with either various elements or if I needed to bomb the hell out of a larger dinosaur like a Songbird. The damage sling and damage tripcaster do a lot of damage especially with a damage mod added to it. 

Ropecaster I only used for three dinosaurs specifically just to hold them in place. It’s nice too if you don’t want to fight and just tie them up and run away 

Bloodborne is available for free on PSN. Might get it and play it after I finish MHW. I think I'm almost done with it, I just killed Nergigante who was definitely the toughest monster to date(died on it seven times, two quest failures, before killing it today).

My only problem with Horizon Zero Dawn -- the difference between it being a VERY good game (which it is) and one of the best 

(say like UC 4 or Witcher 3) -- is the skill tree. It is pretty weak. Not only are the number skills very limited (off the top of my head

I think you get something like 48 skills to choose from, as opposed to a game like Fallout 4 where you get 100), I'd say about 50%

of the skills are pretty lame and/or useless. By the time I got to level 30 I'd pretty much got all the skills I wanted. Which is not good,

because the game (including the DLC) goes well beyond level 30. 

Hopefully in HZD 2 they address this and give us a really interesting and deep skill tree. 

18 hours ago, Llevron said:

I've had it since the beginning. If you have a PS Pro with the special HDMI cables, it rivals the Oculus. If you have an old PS4 it is definitely worth it in my mind. I play on an original PS4. Valkyrie is probably one of the best FPS style game I have ever played. Sony has stated they will release over 100 VR games this year, and they have a patent pending on new VR controllers.

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

Since then I've bought more games for PSVR than I've bought for Xbox One and PS4 combined since launch.  A lot of the games are pretty cheap too.  The most I've payed for a game is $60 but that was Farpoint Bundle that included the Aim controller.  And Farpoint is one of the coolest ****ing experiences I've ever had.  The gun works so incredibly well.  It's hard to explain (as it is with most VR stuff) and you just have to experience it.  There is something about physically looking down the scope to aim that is just so damn rewarding.

And then I also have Doom (haven't opened), Paranormal Activity (haven't opened), Thumper, Moss, Superhot VR, and VR Worlds.  The most I paid for those games was Moss at 

Farpoint is amazing. The PvP is really good...not great yet. 

The AIM controller works with Doom as well, you can adjust the game so it's smooth motion.

If you play Valkyrie, look for me, I'll squad up with ya. PSN for Valkyrie is Nighthawk130013. Normal PSN is Xam333

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Bloodborne is available for free on PSN. Might get it and play it after I finish MHW. I think I'm almost done with it, I just killed Nergigante who was definitely the toughest monster to date(died on it seven times, two quest failures, before killing it today).

You are about halfway. Nerg was a hoe. I had to switch from Hammer to beat him. 

Im definitely getting Bloodborne if its free. I had alot of hope for it when it first came out and I totally forgot about it. 

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I've had it since the beginning. If you have a PS Pro with the special HDMI cables, it rivals the Oculus. If you have an old PS4 it is definitely worth it in my mind. I play on an original PS4. Valkyrie is probably one of the best FPS style game I have ever played. Sony has stated they will release over 100 VR games this year, and they have a patent pending on new VR controllers.

Farpoint is amazing. The PvP is really good...not great yet. 

The AIM controller works with Doom as well, you can adjust the game so it's smooth motion.

If you play Valkyrie, look for me, I'll squad up with ya. PSN for Valkyrie is Nighthawk130013. Normal PSN is Xam333

I'm holding out on Doom for hopefully a left handed patch.  I'm in no hurry so I can wait, hopefully it comes out eventually.  Googling gives me no results yet and I've tweeted them multiple times to ask and had no response.

I haven't played Farpoint multiplayer only the campaign.  I'm kind of over playing FPS multiplayer, just burnt out on it.  And my PSN+ expired and I have no desire to renew it since SF5 and Everybody's Golf are both terrible, and those are the only 2 games I wanted it for.

I am going to have to disagree with you about it comparing to Oculus.  The graphics and FOV are noticeably not nearly as good, obviously depending on your PC specs as far as graphical fidelity goes.  That doesn't mean it's bad or anything though, just not on the same level.

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'm holding out on Doom for hopefully a left handed patch.  I'm in no hurry so I can wait, hopefully it comes out eventually.  Googling gives me no results yet and I've tweeted them multiple times to ask and had no response.

I haven't played Farpoint multiplayer only the campaign.  I'm kind of over playing FPS multiplayer, just burnt out on it.  And my PSN+ expired and I have no desire to renew it since SF5 and Everybody's Golf are both terrible, and those are the only 2 games I wanted it for.

I am going to have to disagree with you about it comparing to Oculus.  The graphics and FOV are noticeably not nearly as good, obviously depending on your PC specs as far as graphical fidelity goes.  That doesn't mean it's bad or anything though, just not on the same level.

I can definitely understand being burnt on FPS.

My statement about PS4 Pro with the special HDMI cables is from an Oculus user who recently started playing PSVR as well.

23 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I can definitely understand being burnt on FPS.

My statement about PS4 Pro with the special HDMI cables is from an Oculus user who recently started playing PSVR as well.

My best guess would be that his PC is not very powerful then.  And even the FOV alone makes a pretty big difference since it covers more of your peripheral.  When playing PSVR I can definitely "see" the edges of the screen with my eyes.  The FOV on Oculus is around 110 degress I believe and PSVR is like 100 degrees.  It's also very easy to tell that the resolution on PSVR is not the best, you can "see" pixels pretty easily if you look for it.

And again, I say all of this not trying to downplay PSVR, I think it's awesome.

Also what do you mean by "special" HDMI cables?

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

My best guess would be that his PC is not very powerful then.  And even the FOV alone makes a pretty big difference since it covers more of your peripheral.  When playing PSVR I can definitely "see" the edges of the screen with my eyes.  The FOV on Oculus is around 110 degress I believe and PSVR is like 100 degrees.  It's also very easy to tell that the resolution on PSVR is not the best, you can "see" pixels pretty easily if you look for it.

And again, I say all of this not trying to downplay PSVR, I think it's awesome.

Also what do you mean by "special" HDMI cables?

I do agree...if you have the top end PC and top end video card, PC is going to be superior especially since it's 4k in both eyes instead of combined. 

As for pixels, that depends on the game I think.

The cable is called mCable. A bunch of my PSVR friends use it and swear by it. Including the Oculus/PSVR users.

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition (ie. includes the DLC). Here are my thoughts on "The Frozen Wilds" (**MILD SPOILERS**):

Pros:

1. Graphics/Scenery are beautiful. Better than the original, which says a lot.

2. Combat in the swirling snow and biting wind is so immersive it makes you feel like you're right there. 

I don't think I've played a game yet where the combat is so convincing.

3. Side quests, though fairly few in number, are great. Lots of revelations and surprises.

Cons:

1. The Ending of the Frozen Wilds Main Quest really sucked. Not only is it totally cringeworthy in its melodrama, it almost note for note

the same ending as the main game. Doesn't really ruin the DLC in anyway, its just a little disappointing, and you would have thought the

writers could have been a bit more original.

2. DLC is a tad too short.

Overally its a really nice DLC. Does a nice job of fleshing out the HZD world generally. Give it a score of A-. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wipeout Omega got a VR patch yesterday for PS4 so I snagged it this morning.  I just played a race (well 2 on the same course) before my son woke up and holy crap, talk about an incredible game!  I haven't played Wipeout since PSX days I think, and it's pretty crazy to play it in VR.  It's very immersive and flat out fun.  I can't wait to unlock faster cars and see what it's like.

Archived