Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

This!  My BIL and SIL play and are both melee, so they suggested that I go ranged when I group with them.  So I tried the light bowgun and heavy bowgun and bow out in the training area.  Bow felt better.  Then I went questing/killing with it and it felt slow as ****, not to mention the stamina loss.  I got it upgraded, gonna stick with it for a while and see if it gets better.

Dual blades is what I wanted to go with.  Good to know its a good option.  

Yeah I watched a couple videos after and it made Bow look a LOT better and apparently Bow is OP later on. I'll have to try it again(tomorrow though busy tonight unfortunately).

Went ahead and loaded these. There will be more. I'll try to highlight every aspect of the build, as well as how the story will unfold as a result.

Pt 2 will be about reaching the Synth hideout, uncovering a big secret, and "infiltrating" (I'm totally moonwalking into that ****) the Nucleus and joining the Children of Atom, and doing crazy cult things.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:55 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I just started HZD and so far so good.  I'm a sucker for Fallout though.  

Horizon Zero Dawn is the game I got when I was home sick today.  Played 2-3 hours straight.

The game is beautiful, the mechanics are sound and the story is riveting.  So far, I haven’t gotten stuck or lost.

Spoiler

Finished up with Rost getting killed saving the girl (I forget her name).  Now she awoke without her ear piece in some lonely cave.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is the game I got when I was home sick today.  Played 2-3 hours straight.

The game is beautiful, the mechanics are sound and the story is riveting.  So far, I haven’t gotten stuck or lost.

Reveal hidden contents

Finished up with Rost getting killed saving the girl (I forget her name).  Now she awoke without her ear piece in some lonely cave.

The mystery and buildup are fantastic and sucked me right into the world from the opening scene as a baby. 

Her name is Aloy. 

This is kinda fun, almost like being a gump director. Getting ready to throw in part II, which is a bit out of order (messed up the numbering), but its furthering the build centric story, setting everything up for tomorrow and part III, where blood shall be spilled in the name of Atom.

Can't shoot all that well past short range (unless in vats) for the most parr, because that's the way I wanted it to be. Wild cone of fire and low skill for both small arms and long guns, and overall shooting. Doesn't matter, because I've been gifted that awesome gamma gun with wide spread and the kiloton radium rifle whixh explodes on impact

With two more skill ranks I will be able to control all manner of machinery and animals, too, so this build is surprisingly powerful, as long as you don't get rushed (where he dies like a ****). Also got a quest on top of the one given by the Zealot in the upcoming vid, where I go to the soda factory infested with super mutants, so that's where I will try to showcase the energy grenade arsenal I've been loading up on.

And I swapped the serial killer knife for the I know what you did last summer fish hook, as my stealth kill weapon. Game on.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:41 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sin - I probably missed it but what are you using to record these clips? 

Capture Gallery, then I edit, and use dailymotion or youtube to post it. 

On 2/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Ooooooh, and I just got a deep diving suit from the townsfolk as a reward for my service in helping them with day to day stuff (which makes me feel bad a little, because I am probably going to kill them all). I am falling in love with "Last Summer," though. She tasted flesh for the first time, here...

I lol'd when I ran into the soda pop power armor. Also, super mutants are dumb. Easy to break their will. On one passthrough I actually got them all (including the mutated beast dogs) to stand down, and just walked in lol, but the Gallery screwed up, so I had to start over, which sucked, because this wasn't a cakewalk.

Monster Hunter is now mine.First day of vacation. Spent the earlier part of it adding more to my Atom playthrough. Almost done. Part 4 is up (just needs to he posted here), and I just finished half of my part 5 two part "Finale," lol.

Been a lot of fun. Didn't  think it would be anything close to this when Llevron asked me to do it. Wouldn't  mind seeing y'all do the same with Some of your runs or playthroughs on other games.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I'm waiting for all of your vids cause ima make the GF sit down and watch them with me. She's going to hate it and that will be part of the fun lol

Been messing around with more editing. Everything is done, just tinkering. I am currently repackaging everything for an enhanced edition that I'll  throw you sometime tonight ✌

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Anjanath is a pain in the ass. I keep getting him to low HP then he one shots me. I think I'm still playing suboptimally. Might try a new weapon.

Well, he is the first "wall" of the game. Meaning he is literally there to kick your ass. There will be more, but after him you wont run into another for a while, depending on your weapon of choice a little. 

What will immediately fix your problem without changing weapons is to capture him. Its actually easier to capture monsters (much, much easier) than to kill them because capturing is almost literally instant once you have them low on HP. And as an added bonus, you get WAY more rewards capturing than you do carving them up after you kill them. Catch his ass like hes a pokemon and then make him into armor. 

PS: This guy makes good vids. Use him for some ideas. Hes not perfect, but hes damn good. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been messing around with more editing. Everything is done, just tinkering. I am currently repackaging everything for an enhanced edition that I'll  throw you sometime tonight ✌

Bet and thank you! I will give a FULL review sometime this week lol. I love this ****. 

I got him. I switched to Dual Blades as, while risker, I felt like the damage output was more steady which made the final phase easier(since Bow requires too much wait time between which can cause insta deaths). I still fainted twice but managed to kill him. Felt sooo good.

I'm trying Longsword now and I'm liking it. Slow but hard hits, which I feel is better since you don't seem to get much damage uptime on the really tough monsters anyway so might as well have something that hits hard in a short period of time.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I got him. I switched to Dual Blades as, while risker, I felt like the damage output was more steady which made the final phase easier(since Bow requires too much wait time between which can cause insta deaths). I still fainted twice but managed to kill him. Felt sooo good.

I'm trying Longsword now and I'm liking it. Slow but hard hits, which I feel is better since you don't seem to get much damage uptime on the really tough monsters anyway so might as well have something that hits hard in a short period of time.

So you stuck with the bow until this boss?  What did you get it upgraded to?  Planning on jumping in game and playing more over the week, I've gotten way behind.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I wanna try both of those weapons at some point. I'm having so much fun with the Hammer though I haven't switched back. Glad you got him. He's a dick. Wait until you meet Diablos.  

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So you stuck with the bow until this boss?  What did you get it upgraded to?  Planning on jumping in game and playing more over the week, I've gotten way behind.

Mostly used Bow, occasionally using Dual Blades. I upgraded both to Level 3 of the 2nd one you can craft(so not the Iron one, but the other better one). Right now I'm grinding for materials to make Water based weapons to make farming Anjanath easier. I want a full set of Anjanath armor as it appears to be substantially better than anything else and thats without upgrades.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I wanna try both of those weapons at some point. I'm having so much fun with the Hammer though I haven't switched back. Glad you got him. He's a dick. Wait until you meet Diablos.  

I want to try the Hammer too. At first in the practice area I didn't like the slower weapons but in practice I think they're actually better as its really hard to get consistent combos anyway with how much moving/dodging you have to do so its probably better to just use slower harder hitting weapons so you can bob and weave more effectively.

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are those MHW monsters ‘bullet sponge’ enemy types? Is it just a bunch of jack and slash forever or does the combat and each monster actually make sense with how they are fought and defeated? 

Some of the monsters take forever to kill but they have abilities that you have to dodge. Different monsters do different things. One of them goes underwater, another one grabs a boulder rendering frontal attacks useless, some fly around, etc.

Archived