Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

16 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

PS4 version of MHW for $47.99 or Shadow of the Colossus for $31.99?

Both digitally..so no trade value later on in the decision.

I’d buy MHW. Shadow is less than 10 hr game that, although beautiful, is still a remake of a ps2 game and has been done before. You may not have played it before, but less than 10 hours is barely scratching the surface of what’s in store for you with MHW. IMO, the best bang for your buck is MHW. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What would he the best comparison for Monster Hunter? Final Fantasy (not the latest weird one)? Witcher 3? Bit of both? Something completely different?

I have been trying to answer this since you posted it but I honestly cant come up with a good comparison. Its not like anything I have ever played before. 

Hard to compare it to anything I have played to be honest. Its game play/ combat changes depending on multiple factors. Solo hunts (which are entirely possible and sometimes easier) are completely different tactically from multiplayer. And the weapons are so different from each other that the game play changes drastically when you equip something different. I would watch that video I posted yesterday. The guy gives game comparisons that each weapon feels like. Its so varied I cant even call it. 

I will say, and this is funny, that it does remind me quite a bit of Shadow of Colossus where your goal is to take down (hunt, slay or capture) giant beasts that you would think are more powerful than you (but they are not. you are a freaking beast in this game). You dont have to slug through piles random encounters to get to that hunt either (much like Shadow of Colossus). The battles are thrilling and they can be long depending on your skill level. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What would he the best comparison for Monster Hunter? Final Fantasy (not the latest weird one)? Witcher 3? Bit of both? Something completely different?

I've seen some reviews try to compare it to Dark Souls, but I don't think it's a very good comparison. Your hunter may attack similar to your character in Dark Souls, but I think that is where the similarities in. MHW is a looter action game. You gear up, go out and hunt and specific monster, kill it, and then use it's parts to make your armor and weapons better. Then use those better weapons and armor to hunt and even stronger monster. You'll need to farm specific monsters if you want to complete a full set of armor out of that monster's parts. 

It's light on story, but easy to follow. The world is beautiful, and the battles are epic. The monster AI is good. They understand their surroundings and use them to their advantage. Also, it's kinda hard to describe fighting a monster, and then a dragon comes in and starts attacking both of you because your fight spilled into it's territory. Sometimes you can just hide and let them fight it out, and sometimes they'll both come after you. It's entirely unpredictable. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Seems pretty fresh in the way y'all describe it, or at least, not done to death. I think I'll bite. It'll give me something to do after my Jesus/Jim Jones/Mystic Waco run in FO4, and before Spider-Man and RDR3 drop

Yeah, it's a definite recommend from me. But if you don't like it, blame Llevron. :)

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Seems pretty fresh in the way y'all describe it, or at least, not done to death. I think I'll bite. It'll give me something to do after my Jesus/Jim Jones/Mystic Waco run in FO4, and before Spider-Man and RDR3 drop

I just got it last night, played through the first couple of quests.  Graphics are beautiful, controls not over done.  It takes a lot of elements from various games.  They have the questing/solo missions, co-op (just unlocked that - hoping to get on with my SIL & BIL for that).  Crafting, gathering, and from what I've seen in vids, boss monsters like the Dark Souls franchise.  

Weapon combat is so different with each weapon.  I started out with the huge ass two handed hammer and switched to a huge two handed sword and it threw me off they were so different.  

Very well done from what I can tell so far.  If you think you want the deluxe version, buy it now as the add-on doesn't include a couple of things (from what I read).  If you search it by name in the PS store, it only shows the standard version with add-ons.  I went to popular games in the menu on the left side of the shop and it showed the deluxe, was 10 bucks more.

Just found out my BIL unlocked the high level investigations in MHW already.  I just got through a couple of investigations lol.  Plus him and my SIL both went melee, so it's best if I go ranged, which is fine because I was planning on that playing solo anyhow.  Gonna go with the light bowgun and see if I like that.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Just found out my BIL unlocked the high level investigations in MHW already.  I just got through a couple of investigations lol.  Plus him and my SIL both went melee, so it's best if I go ranged, which is fine because I was planning on that playing solo anyhow.  Gonna go with the light bowgun and see if I like that.

Slicer ammo is the tits, but careful where you aim as it can cause you to knock back your teammates. Also spread ammo and piercing. I'm using HBG when in a group myself and I have been crushing **** like nothing. Solo it's much harder (for me) 

40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

RiMe and Knack are free this month for PS+ members too. 

Random but Knack 2 is probably my GF favorite game ever outside of Diablo 3 and Pirtae Warriors lol. The co-op platforming is pretty fun. 

24389c.jpg

:kickcan::kickcan::kickcan::kickcan:

Poor thing must've caught wind of all the fun we were going to have the next few weeks, and had a machine heart attack

Screen went out while I was in psn. Thought it was a power outage at first (my lights were dimmed) then noticed everything else was on, so maybe it was a quick outage and power tripped back on or whatever.

Turned it back on. Blue light for like a half second, no fan, no nothing, see ya later. Wash, rinse repeat. Tried everything so far.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

:kickcan::kickcan::kickcan::kickcan:

Poor thing must've caught wind of all the fun we were going to have the next few weeks, and had a machine heart attack

Screen went out while I was in psn. Thought it was a power outage at first (my lights were dimmed) then noticed everything else was on, so maybe it was a quick outage and power tripped back on or whatever.

Turned it back on. Blue light for like a half second, no fan, no nothing, see ya later. Wash, rinse repeat. Tried everything so far.

That sucks bro.  Don't know if this will help or not and states to proceed with caution on his fix:

https://geekchicdaily.com/solved-ps4-wont-turn-ps4-blue-light-death-fix/

25 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That sucks bro.  Don't know if this will help or not and states to proceed with caution on his fix:

https://geekchicdaily.com/solved-ps4-wont-turn-ps4-blue-light-death-fix/

No dice, can't even keep it on long enough to try any of this. I snooped around on reddit/yt and found a vid that displays the exact same problem I am having when starting up. 

1.) Beep

2.) Deep blue light

3.) Half second_full second time lapse

4.) Powers down before any internal components start running.

He said it was the tell tale sign of a power supply issue (even had other blod ps4's with him to demonstrate different variations of the term). This is defi Italy what's going on. Looks like this is what I need.

I could just get another ps4, but I don't want to just waste my $$ like that, if a simpler, more fiscally responsible solution presents itself. Just need to figure out what kind of part I need, and for what model. Need to find that damn manual.

Got it working again. Whatever it was, it seemed to be made worse by the default HDMI it came with, on too of the startup issue. I messed around and it started up with just the power cord like nothing happened. Nice and smooth like always. 

Turned it off and back on with the ps4 HDMI and nothingtown. Went to get a bite to eat (because I was getting pissed and would not get up to do anything else until I ordered myself not to go hungry) came back and started it up with the power cord again, this time plugging in the new HDMI and it works fine again. Not going to test it by turning it off and back on this time (can't go to bed defeated) but I will try again tomorrow. At least I was able to turn it back on and jot down the model number and save everything to the cloud (yes, I am a dumbass) just in case it goes bonkers again.  It's acting almost like a car with a bad alternator

Glad you got it working. I had something similar happening to mine a while back. Turns out the HDMI input on the TV was causing issues so i switched and it was fine. One forgets that HDMI is two way input at times and is can **** with the other device i something is off. 

I came here to post this. Saw some epic **** last night playing MHW and then I found a video about it. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Glad you got it working. I had something similar happening to mine a while back. Turns out the HDMI input on the TV was causing issues so i switched and it was fine. One forgets that HDMI is two way input at times and is can **** with the other device i something is off. 

I came here to post this. Saw some epic **** last night playing MHW and then I found a video about it. 

That's BS, when I was killing the Giant Jagras (whatever it's name is) I didn't get any help from other monsters :ols:  Took forever with the bow, ****er kept running away.  And at the 50-52 second mark in the video........did the player just hide in a huge pile of monster ****?  :rofl89:

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

That's BS, when I was killing the Giant Jagras (whatever it's name is) I didn't get any help from other monsters :ols:  Took forever with the bow, ****er kept running away.  And at the 50-52 second mark in the video........did the player just hide in a huge pile of monster ****?  :rofl89:

The trick is to piss one off and then have it chase you to another monsters territory. Or just lure them there with traps. Either way. In the next area (the desert whatever its called) there is that big horned **** called the Diablos and that **** is out to cause hell. For anyone. Most monsters until this point will ignore you if you dont mess with them. Not that **** though. And dont let it catch you trying to fight something without it. It will kill you AND it for sport. 

And yea. Hiding in monster **** is a thing lol

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is that the Buster Sword (looking at the img capture)? :ols:

Basically lol. These cats swing around the biggest weapons imaginable. Seen a chick jump out of a tree on the edge of a cliff with a hammer bigger than she was, bringing that joint down on dragon and kill it. Crazy **** lol. This game has no chill and I love it. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At least I was able to turn it back on and jot down the model number and save everything to the cloud (yes, I am a dumbass) just in case it goes bonkers again.  It's acting almost like a car with a bad alternator

Just a recommendation,if you do end up replacing the power supply, get the model on the power supply itself to be sure you're getting the right one.  There are some with 4 pins, some with 5.

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Just a recommendation,if you do end up replacing the power supply, get the model on the power supply itself to be sure you're getting the right one.  There are some with 4 pins, some with 5.

Thanks fam, that wouldve been a big wtf, if I i ordered the part and had to deal with that nonsense. Been browsing some stores online and looking and specs of the newer models and consoles, and seeing how out of date mine is by comparison (its laughable ) I may just get a slim and call it a day, if the problem persists when i get back. I would get a Pro, but seeing as my tv is old, seems like wasted dough.

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Basically lol. These cats swing around the biggest weapons imaginable. Seen a chick jump out of a tree on the edge of a cliff with a hammer bigger than she was, bringing that joint down on dragon and kill it. Crazy **** lol. This game has no chill and I love it. 

Wtf. I need this in my life :rofl89:

Archived