Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You know he is being released next month (I think) for free Right? You won't have to miss him for long. 

I assumed this was the first MH for all of you like it was for me but I guess you have played the previous ones? How do you think world holds up? Lots of people say it's way too easy. 

Ah crap, if Jho is coming back I guess Furious Rajang is too *shudder* lol.

I played the crap out of MH4U on 3ds.  I think they struck a good balance.  Some of the QOL improvements like scoutflies makes the game so much more enjoyable in my view.  In previous MH, you spent time in the beginning of a quest going to zones in the map where monsters typically spawn and then mark it with paintball, which marks the monster in the map for a while then disappears.  When you're farming the same monster for the umpteenth time, it gets real old.

My fav is the option for solo all the way to the end.  I typically find online coop annoying unless I'm playing with friends so I ended up soloing all the way through G rank quests till I hit elder hall (where real monsters live lol).  After a while I started soloing elder hall quests too.  They didn't scale hr and above for solo plays so after a certain point, I was just being stubborn and stupid.

Only thing I'm still waiting for is the Athena tool for armor building.  I loved putting together different armors to tailor wanted skills and sets.  It's a bit different to navigate in MHW, but apparently Athena tool is coming soon.  Overall, I think Capcom did a really good job and struck a very good balance.

Bought DB FighterZ for my little brother for his birthday. Holy **** this game is crazy. A must have for any fan of the show or fighting games. 

It looks incredible. The animation and artwork is just perfect. It’s the show brought to life. I am blown away by it. 

The fighting is fast paced and intense too. Having lots of fun with it so far 

Killed Rathalos. I did feint twice though, got caught off guard a couple times with knockback + fire breath. Wasn't TOO bad though, but god as a DB user do I hate flying beasts.

Capturing is so awesome though, makes fights so much easier/faster. The Rath gear looks awesome for my DB Fire damage build but gotta kill Diablos next and then evaluate my options from there.

I keep trying other weapons but nothing comes close to DBs for me. Hammer is a solid 2nd choice.

Is Monster Hunter fatigue beginning to set in yet? Sorry guys but I have hard time seeing that game as anything other than a flash in the pan,

a game that wears thin the longer you play it.

Playing AC Black Flag for the first time on the PS4 (I'd played it originally on the PS3). As good as the game was on the PS3, its a bona fide classic

on the PS4: the graphics (though not second gen quality) are gorgeous and crisp, and the controls are just super precise. I've just been cruising

through the missions as a result of the uber precise controls. My favorite AC of all time, easily, even more so than the better looking Origins.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, bearrock said:

My fav is the option for solo all the way to the end.  I typically find online coop annoying unless I'm playing with friends so I ended up soloing all the way through G rank quests till I hit elder hall (where real monsters live lol).  After a while I started soloing elder hall quests too.  They didn't scale hr and above for solo plays so after a certain point, I was just being stubborn and stupid.

Only thing I'm still waiting for is the Athena tool for armor building.  I loved putting together different armors to tailor wanted skills and sets.  It's a bit different to navigate in MHW, but apparently Athena tool is coming soon.  Overall, I think Capcom did a really good job and struck a very good balance.

I actually love how easy it is to switch between the two options. I typically used multiplayer to hunt monsters whose move sets im not good enough to take out yet. Example being I watched a few speed runs and fell in love with the EDIT: Not sure how I posted this but whates // Anyway, fell in love with the CB cause of how destructive it is (im DPS at heart) but i have not the talent to beat Black Diablos consistently and without using some of my best stat boosting items. I hate using my Skin juice (whatever its called) and demon pills/meds (whatever they are called, lol). But once I get his patterns down and can reliably kick his ass I will be running it solo. 

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Bought DB FighterZ for my little brother for his birthday. Holy **** this game is crazy. A must have for any fan of the show or fighting games. 

It looks incredible. The animation and artwork is just perfect. It’s the show brought to life. I am blown away by it. 

The fighting is fast paced and intense too. Having lots of fun with it so far 

Me and the boys (from high school to college to wives/serious GFs so we have been competing for years at **** like this) had a game/anime night Saturday night and I got my ass KICKED in this game so hard. But it was crazy. It was like I was playing the Anime. I knew I was going to get my ass beat. Cause I saw one of my boys playing it non stop leading up to the weekend and I couldn't put down monster hunter to train. But this is going to be our preferred fighting game for a while. Have not had fun with a 2D fighting game like this MvC2. 

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Killed Rathalos. I did feint twice though, got caught off guard a couple times with knockback + fire breath. Wasn't TOO bad though, but god as a DB user do I hate flying beasts.

Capturing is so awesome though, makes fights so much easier/faster. The Rath gear looks awesome for my DB Fire damage build but gotta kill Diablos next and then evaluate my options from there.

I keep trying other weapons but nothing comes close to DBs for me. Hammer is a solid 2nd choice.

So I started using DB once I got this item (cant think of the name, i know, im useless ,_,) that gives you a chance of a high priced item every hit. I was having money issues. Not anymore. 

DB is fun as hell. Honestly. The only ting keeping me from using it was the fact that I put so much into hammer and CB. 

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Is Monster Hunter fatigue beginning to set in yet? Sorry guys but I have hard time seeing that game as anything other than a flash in the pan,

a game that wears thin the longer you play it.

Not a chance lol. The whole first half of the game is a tutorial and its so fun you dont even notice. Then it just kicks it up a notch. And then again. And again. Literally it just keeps getting more fun IF you like that sort of thing. I will say that if you get past the first 10 hours of it without getting frustrated you will put about 100 in. Im at 120+ right now and im ashamed of myself. 

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Playing AC Black Flag for the first time on the PS4 (I'd played it originally on the PS3). As good as the game was on the PS3, its a bona fide classic

on the PS4: the graphics (though not second gen quality) are gorgeous and crisp, and the controls are just super precise. I've just been cruising

through the missions as a result of the uber precise controls. My favorite AC of all time, easily, even more so than the better looking Origins.

I have bought all of these as they go on sale. I have not played one of them yet. I need to go ahead and download them and turn them on. 

20 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

No fatigue for me yet. It's gotten even better since getting into high rank hunts. Especially now that Bezelgeuse is on the scene.

That dude is the b-52 lol. Im sure you see why they call him that now. First time I saw him he literally crashed into a diablos fight right threw the got damn stone wall or whatever that is. Flew right through it. Blew everyone to **** and we failed the quest. I didnt know what happened until I saw him on the next quest. It was then I knew everything had changed. 

@Llevron

Yea man, lol, perfect name for him. I'd taken to calling him the devil, and my wife would look at me crazy as I'd keep shouting that the devil was here. I love when games have a character like him. Like nemesis from resident evil back in the day, that mother****er that would just chase you, no matter where you went or what you were doing.

He's actually kind of helpful though in some cases. I was fighting a pink rathian, that was fighting me and a legiana, and then here comes the B-52 to join in with his dive bomb powerslide
and takes them both to the ground. Of course I just ran away and hid while they all started in on each other. But, after they got tired and moved into their respective corners of the map, I was able to clean up bits of their material, that littered the ground.

I love this game, it's all about gameplay and big ass boss characters that are fun to master. I remember when the anjath used to be a struggle and now I can take down high level versions of him with hardly breaking a sweat. I've only played solo so far, but to be fair I also try to give myself an advantage by recruiting a second palicoe around whatever map I be in.

My next target is Nergigante. I've read that he can be hard to solo, but we'll see.

I'll admit the first few hours of MHW I was frustrated and annoyed. I had never played a MH game before and it wasn't what I was expecting.  But once you push through, it really is a lot of fun. There are still things that frustrate/annoy me, but it is an enjoyable experience. Worth the $60 for sure. Now I'm debating whether I should renew my PSN so I can play multiplayer but I just feel like its gonna be full of toxic people ruining my fun.

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

Me and the boys (from high school to college to wives/serious GFs so we have been competing for years at **** like this) had a game/anime night Saturday night and I got my ass KICKED in this game so hard. But it was crazy. It was like I was playing the Anime. I knew I was going to get my ass beat. Cause I saw one of my boys playing it non stop leading up to the weekend and I couldn't put down monster hunter to train. But this is going to be our preferred fighting game for a while. Have not had fun with a 2D fighting game like this MvC2. 

Im not really into fighting games, I’m a button masher. Biggest claim to fame was beating MK2 on SNES with every character but Fighter Z has been awesome right from the start.

“Playing the anime” is a perfect way to describe it. I had a similar weekend with my title bro. Got caught up on the English dub of DBZ super and then played this a bunch. 

14 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I think this is still one of the best games of this gen. It’s a classic and a damn near perfect pirate experience. 

As I’ve said before tho I dont consider it an AC game as much as a pirate game. AC1 is still my favorite in the series. Just loved the setting, the graphics, the story, the modern day dynamic that was new then, the mystery of it all etc. Gameplay wise,  I loved that it’s basically one assasination after another with a couple intel gathering missions sprinkled in between and then you decide how to handle it. It was exactly what I signed up for and no cheap crossbows or bullets either. Plus, there was almost 0 hand holding or forced missions which AC2 had a lot of in comparison and then it kinda got worse. 

Havent played Origins yet tho...

@Momma There Goes That Man I just started Super, and its awesome, even though it kinda ruined Battle of the Gods by redoing everything so far (it seems ). I'm on ep  10. And Fighter Z will be my next purchase. Just gotta get to playing it before 2021 (things are getting bad again, still have not put in HZD, and Spidey and Red Dead are coming).

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Momma There Goes That Man I just started Super, and its awesome, even though it kinda ruined Battle of the GodsGods by redoing everything so far (it seems ). I'm on so 10. And Fighter Z will he my next purchase. Just gotta get to playing it before 2021 (things are getting bad again, still have not put in HZD, and Spidey and Red Dead are coming).

I think I skipped the BOTG super arc and started with the Ressuretion of F arc. That seemed to be pretty much the same as the movie. Super is pretty good to the point I’m at where the English dub ends. Weekly episodes from here on out. 

My biggest problem with Super is that they really dumbed down Goku personality wise. My brother told me this is how he always kinda was in the manga and Japanese version of the show tho. It’s really just “hey I want to fight strong people and I don’t care about anything else” 

This most recent ark is really intriguing tho it’s still early into it. I didn’t expect it at all and it begins just stuck on the end of a 5-6 epospde filler arc. Could go in a lot of different directions. 

Id focus on HZD and just play FighterZ when you need a break and mix it up. It’s not one that necessarily is going to be a time sink but more just pop in for fun. I actually haven’t messed with the campaign yet so not sure how that is. 

Unlocked High Rank quests in MHW. So does that mean I'm halfway through the story?

I've gone back to Bow now...lolol. I watched some videos on how to play it properly and its actually REALLY good. Basically just alternate between dodge and regular shoot since doding while aiming grants you a bow charge, and of course use Dragon Pierce when the beast is down and reeling for massive damage.

Has anyone played Kingdom Come Deliverance yet?

I forgot all about it. I would get it, but I'm at a point now where I need to play and finish the games I already have, and stop wasting money. By the time I get around to it (probably in the Fall sometime) it will be cheaper. Gonna take a break for a bit and jump on MHW, then HZD,  and by then, it will probably be late spring, just in time for Spider-Man and RDR 3.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:24 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I forgot all about it. I would get it, but I'm at a point now where I need to play and finish the games I already have, and stop wasting money. By the time I get around to it (probably in the Fall sometime) it will be cheaper. Gonna take a break for a bit and jump on MHW, then HZD,  and by then, it will probably be late spring, just in time for Spider-Man and RDR 3.

RDR 3 not coming out until October.

However, Far Cry 5 and God of War coming out in March and April, respectively.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have done it again. Said I was through with Fallout 4, but that was before I  fixed the bug problems that ruined my last build, and before I stumbled upon some of that CC content. Got the Tunnel snakes, coffee shop and Horse power armour, to make a new age greaser, energy weapon and Voltron build. The armor has insane leaping ability, and I've added the jetpack to make it unstoppable, along with an electrified sword and death ray gun (modded from that Tesla cannon), along with an ivory handled Deliverer (I have joined the Railroad, along with the Brotherhood). So. Much fun

Also created a Fitness Center at the Sanctuary settlement, along with neon signs and equipment and music,, and somehow they even pack in there after sundown and exercise and everything lol. This will be my last build though. Gonna try and speed rum through all the locations while in the buttercup armor (takes forever to do it outside because I get killed so much), and do all the DLC's, then take a break and start on Monster Hunter.

Also made the character a shameless smartass/comedian wannabe, closer to my personality

Anyone with PSVR, spend the $30 and get Moss.  It's a short game but worth the $30.  It's easily one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.  It is so well done and has such charm.  Pictures and videos do not do the game justice, seeing it in motion is another story.  And the sound and story telling aspects are just incredible.  The animation is on another level that has never been seen before in gaming, as is the connection that you make with Quill.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, Mournblade said:

I'm nervous about Far Cry 5. The last really good Far Cry was FC3. Far Cry 4 and Primal both pretty blah.

I'm hoping FC5 is to the Far Cry franchise what AC Origins is to Assassins Creed: a break and departure from the past.

I really liked FC4.  Agree that Primal was blah.  I am very much looking forward to 5.

I have, for whatever reason, not been able to get into Horizon Zero Dawn.  I want to, it just hasn't clicked.  

Archived