Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

47 minutes ago, purbeast said:

God of War next month should change that for you.  That game should be played by everyone!

Not really that there aren't any games of interest out there. At first it was just not having time to sit down and play. Recently I have had that  time and I have thought about it and then just said not now. I think I am at a place right now that is torn , if you know what I mean. . I miss playing and  I don't . ☹

21 minutes ago, mark327 said:

Not really that there aren't any games of interest out there. At first it was just not having time to sit down and play. Recently I have had that  time and I have thought about it and then just said not now. I think I am at a place right now that is torn , if you know what I mean. . I miss playing and  I don't . ☹

Definitely know what you mean.  I've been into consoles forever and bought everyone of them at launch, except Wii-U.  But there are times I don't really game for months even though I have them all.  Ever since I got PSVR though it's been a whole different story.  I play it a lot more than any games I played prior to it.  I think it's just because it is such a different experience and something "new" and not just COD 15.

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Definitely know what you mean.  I've been into consoles forever and bought everyone of them at launch, except Wii-U.  But there are times I don't really game for months even though I have them all.  Ever since I got PSVR though it's been a whole different story.  I play it a lot more than any games I played prior to it.  I think it's just because it is such a different experience and something "new" and not just COD 15.

Haven't even thought about the PSVR. I can't imagine how cool that probably is. I know I won't be buying one . I am definitely done buying consoles. 1 PS2 , 2 PS2's and 3 PS4's and 1 Wii in this house all working . I just need to get in the mood to play the darn things.  :kickcan:

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

God of War next month should change that for you.  That game should be played by everyone!

I'm playing Uncharted: Lost Legacy next, then Far Cry 5. That should tide me over to God of War, which is reaching Star Wars levels in terms of hype. 

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Picking up Far Cry 5 tonight after work.  

The first trailer I saw seemed kinda stupkd, but I gotta say, the ensuing commercial trailers have grown on me immensely. Seems like a hillbilly paradise (which I find absolutely awesome). Throw in the fishing aspect, and I could seriously log some hours there. Which is bad, considering I'm up to my eyeballs in unplayed games. 

23 hours ago, mark327 said:

Haven't even thought about the PSVR. I can't imagine how cool that probably is. I know I won't be buying one . I am definitely done buying consoles. 1 PS2 , 2 PS2's and 3 PS4's and 1 Wii in this house all working . I just need to get in the mood to play the darn things.  :kickcan:

If your fatigue is in part due to tps/rpg style games, then I suggest a narrative based game, if you've never tried it.

Uncharted Lost Legacy. Grade: A. This is just not a DLC of UC 4, it's its own game in its own right, and what a game.

Keeping with tradition of UC4, it boasts awesome gameplay and stunning graphics, but its really the slick, sexy and wisecracking  

Chloe Fraser who makes this game shine. The only problem I had with it was the "tokens" mini game at the beginning --

might want to skip it, its long, boring, and the rewards are pretty useless. Other than that, another home run for Naughty Dog.

They are in the drivers seat until another company can prove otherwise.  

6 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Uncharted Lost Legacy. Grade: A. This is just not a DLC of UC 4, it's its own game in its own right, and what a game.

Keeping with tradition of UC4, it boasts awesome gameplay and stunning graphics, but its really the slick, sexy and wisecracking  

Chloe Fraser who makes this game shine. The only problem I had with it was the "tokens" mini game at the beginning --

might want to skip it, its long, boring, and the rewards are pretty useless. Other than that, another home run for Naughty Dog.

They are in the drivers seat until another company can prove otherwise.  

Been waiting to pick this one up. UC4 blew me away. How long is this game? I imagine quite a bit shorter 

UC4 kind of got me tired of the franchise.  I love the franchise from the first one, but it's pretty much the epitome of "more of the same" and I'm just bored with it.  I got to chapter 18 of UC4 and it took me a while to get there, and I don't have much desire to finish it.  I was given UC4 from a friend who had 2 copies and I haven't touched it in like 5 months.  If they make another one, they need to do something different like how they reimagined God of War to refresh the franchise.

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

UC4 kind of got me tired of the franchise.  I love the franchise from the first one, but it's pretty much the epitome of "more of the same" and I'm just bored with it.  I got to chapter 18 of UC4 and it took me a while to get there, and I don't have much desire to finish it.  I was given UC4 from a friend who had 2 copies and I haven't touched it in like 5 months.  If they make another one, they need to do something different like how they reimagined God of War to refresh the franchise.

They should be done with it. It is more of the same in a lot of ways but that same has been refined and perfected so much in UC4 that it didn’t feel tired to me. Also, they incorporated a lot of stealth elements which the previous versions didn’t have. You can go thru entire sections of levels without firing a single shot. 

Plus the story is just fantastic so it kept me engaged throughout 

36 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Didn't feel like more of the same to me, I enjoyed it, but I will say that for me, the ending sequence (s) wasn't what I was hoping for. The boss fight itself was astounding though (possibly because I sucked at it, there's always that possibility)

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Been waiting to pick this one up. UC4 blew me away. How long is this game? I imagine quite a bit shorter 

Its shorter than UC 4, but it is still a very satisfying length -- it is not abruptly short, like some games (eg. Force Unleashed 2 comes to mind). Took me a full Saturday and Sunday to play it. In many ways its a different beast than UC 4 -- better character interaction, and the pace is frenetic from beginning to end. Its a blast, you won't be dissapointed. 

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

If anything I thought UC 4 revitalized the franchise. UC 4 to me is the best game on the PS4, hands down.

I've been playing a **** load of games lately. In the past month I've beat Heavy Rain Remastered, Beyond Two Souls remastered, Persona 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5:Guardians and What Remains of Edith Finch. I'm now playing Far Cry 5 on my Xbox One X, in native 4k and a locked 30fps. Game looks amazing. I'm enjoying it so far, I haven't played a Far Cry since 3 so I'm fine with it's usual formula. On my PS4 I've started HZD:Complete Edition, beautiful game despite the technical shortcomings. And today I may start Bloodborne since I may need to discuss it on a podcast soon. 

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

On my PS4 I've started HZD:Complete Edition, beautiful game despite the technical shortcomings

What shortcomings? You mean from a standard PS4?

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

They just announced part 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The reboot and Rise are great games. Can't wait for the next one.

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Halo 5:Guardian

How did you feel about this? From someone that loved the story of 4, this one was a pretty big letdown. Easily the worst campaign in the series both in story and set pieces. It does still have some great Halo moments, like the Elite homeworld. I was really disappointed in the difference in the marketing Hunt The Truth leading up to it and the game that went in a totally different direction. Brian Reed is a ****ty ass writer and I hope he is replaced for 6. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What shortcomings? You mean from a standard PS4?

They just announced part 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The reboot and Rise are great games. Can't wait for the next one.

How did you feel about this? From someone that loved the story of 4, this one was a pretty big letdown. Easily the worst campaign in the series both in story and set pieces. It does still have some great Halo moments, like the Elite homeworld. I was really disappointed in the difference in the marketing Hunt The Truth leading up to it and the game that went in a totally different direction. Brian Reed is a ****ty ass writer and I hope he is replaced for 6. 

About HZD, maybe it was just me, but I'm playing this game a year late, on a PS4 slim, right after playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on the One X. On my 4K TV I can see where the devs were creative in putting the focus on the areas that are within your field of view, and not on the areas as a whole. It's not the devs fault, they were just working around the limitations of the hardware. 

I'm definitely getting Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It just depends on when I get it. Crystal Dynamics isn't doing this one, and they did the previous two, so I'll be watching reviews to make sure this new dev doesn't screw things up. 

343 Industries really haven't done a great Halo game yet. I felt like Halo 4 had a great campaign, but lackluster PvP. And they went too far in the other direction with Guardians. The PvP is awesome, but the campaign is such a major disappointment. There isn't enough Master Chief, it ends abruptly,etc,. Maybe on the next one they can put both parts together. I just don't understand what the disconnect was for the story. They wrote all of these novels telling a specific story, did an excellent podcast that hyped up the 'Hunt the Truth' story and game, then went in a totally different direction. None of the marketing, novels, or podcast had anything to do with the game. None of it. It's baffling that someone didn't see this as a problem prior to releasing the game. 

ok, I got you. Agree on all counts there. I didn't realize Shadow had a new developer. That makes me nervous. To be fair, I actually don't care about the trilogy story/Trinity aspect of it. I just want another kickass game like the first two.

As for Halo 

Spoiler

Agree again there. The multiplayer is great and the campaign is just not on the level or the previous games. I was really looking forward to seeing Chief deal with Cortana's sacrifice and how that changed him. "Promise me when this is all over you'll realize which one of us is the machine" I thought that meant something. Then the hunt the truth stuff made it seem like there was an ONI coverup and Chief had gone rogue which I could speculate was due to Cortana.

When Blue Team, his family,  was announced to be in it...i thought this would be a very personal story for Chief, a darker continuation of 4's story. And there was just none of that. Locke and his team were meh. The whole Chief going rogue stuff was just a slight misunderstanding. The AI rebellion...WTF. I'm pretty sure they are backed into a corner now and the story is destination ****ed beyond repair. They need to hire new writers stat. 

Archived