Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 2/5/2018 at 11:19 AM, Llevron said:

Can you record this? For the culture. 

Dang, forgot to ask, how do you want me to record it? I can break it down into several 3-5 minute clips (maybe like a 5 part epic lol) as I join, rise through the cult and eventually turn the people against the high priest, overthrow him and destroy the town of non believers (that's what my plan is), or one battle. Up to you. 

Just put 2 in the library for editing

Home sick from work today.  Need a recommendation for a new game.  Also, my play time is limited, maybe 2-3 hours a week maximum.  Today I have a bunch of time though.

Thinking:

Gran Turismo Sport

Fallout 4

NHL 18

Monster Hunter

Horizon Zero Dawn

opinions welcome please

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Home sick from work today.  Need a recommendation for a new game.  Also, my play time is limited, maybe 2-3 hours a week maximum.  Today I have a bunch of time though.

Thinking:

Gran Turismo Sport

Fallout 4

NHL 18

Monster Hunter

Horizon Zero Dawn

opinions welcome please

Monster Hunter World is next big thing.  Pretty awesome game.

On 2/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

24389c.jpg

:kickcan::kickcan::kickcan::kickcan:

Poor thing must've caught wind of all the fun we were going to have the next few weeks, and had a machine heart attack

Screen went out while I was in psn. Thought it was a power outage at first (my lights were dimmed) then noticed everything else was on, so maybe it was a quick outage and power tripped back on or whatever.

Turned it back on. Blue light for like a half second, no fan, no nothing, see ya later. Wash, rinse repeat. Tried everything so far.

Damn, and you're out of your warranty. I guess go get a PS4 Pro since you need to buy a brand new one. 

F229BAC6-E112-430D-902D-7F0F4E895FA5.png

This is a screenshot from my Xbox One X. Look at my big ass Charge Blade. That thing is awesome. You can alternate fighting with a sword and shield, or hold down RT to have your hunter connect the shield on the end of the sword to become one big ass axe. I also upgraded it with parts from the Great Jagras, which is why it has the skin of it on the right half. 

31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Breif rundown?

It's up to 4 player co-op, game is online only, it will only give the options to join a party or create one before each game session.  However, you can play solo by starting a party and restricting it to where nobody can join unless you invite them, the play solo.  Difficulty scales to the number of players in the party.  

Basically, you hunt various monsters and perform quests.  The combat is not so complex that it makes the game not as fun, very basic and straight forward.  **** ton of weapons that all play extremely different from the others (dual swords, bow, light bowgun, heavy bowgun, huge sword, huge warhammer, etc.).  I think there are 14 weapons total, 11 melee and 3 ranged (or it might be 11 total - 8 melee and 4 ranged).  They have crafting in the game so as you hunt monsters completing the quest, you skin them and also harvest resources.  This allows you to make better armor and weapons.

As you move up, the investigations (that's what they call the quests) also can hit a higher level, giving you the best gear/weapons, just labeled as high investigations.  Of course the boss monsters get harder as you progress.  During the fights, the AI is great from the monsters.  For Boss Monsters, think Demon/Dark Souls games if you have played those before.  

While fighting they may lead you into other zones and other monsters might start attacking you as well.  Or another boss/huge monster might start attacking the boss and you can sit back and watch them go at it while coming up with a strategy to take them down.  

I don't like many single player games, but this one is very different than others and I am enjoying it.  I think its perfect for just playing 2-3 hours a night.  

@Springfield  Here is a video of some game play

I will say, this is the first Monster Hunter game I played, so not being a fan boy of the others, I'm enjoying it.  But everyone is different, the biggest negative review I hear is people get bored of it fast because it's really a grind/upgrade/quest, repeat type game.  Something to take into consideration.  That doesn't bother me a bit though and can't wait until I start grouping up with my BIL and SIL.

Edit:  Hope you feel better to bro.

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Damn, and you're out of your warranty. I guess go get a PS4 Pro since you need to buy a brand new one. 

I'd get a Pro if I had the appropriate tv, but I have an 11 year old Panasonic that's so heavy it would leave a crater if I dropped it from 30 ft.

Just gonna get a slim. It's working, bte, but after going over specs, I am no longer getting even adequate value out of my purchases compared to the rest of you. Seeing as I have 6k left of settlement money, I can now justify the purchase now that the system is faulty and obsolete 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd get a Pro if I had the appropriate tv, but I have an 11 year old Panasonic that's so heavy it would leave a crater if I dropped it from 30 ft.

Just gonna get a slim. It's working, bte, but after going over specs, I am no longer getting even adequate value out of my purchases compared to the rest of you. Seeing as I have 6k left of settlement money, I can now justify the purchase now that the system is faulty and obsolete 

Ah, so you're going to also upgrade your TV too? How much are you willing to spend? I will point you to the best TV for your budget. 

I'm personally about to buy the TCL P607. It is 4K UHD, HDR, and very low input lag for a TV. So it's excellent for gamers, and only $600. If you want to go OLED, I would recommend the LG B7, by far the best OLED for the price and I think those run around $1500. 

25 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Ah, so you're going to also upgrade your TV too? How much are you willing to spend? I will point you to the best TV for your budget. 

I'm personally about to buy the TCL P607. It is 4K UHD, HDR, and very low input lag for a TV. So it's excellent for gamers, and only $600. If you want to go OLED, I would recommend the LG B7, by far the best OLED for the price and I think those run around $1500. 

Oh no, I'm a notoriously cheap basterd (where I can afford to be). The day I get a new joint is when the current one croaks :ols:

I meant a PS4 Slim

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is there a stealth build? I imagine if yes, then it would probably require unique armor and weapons, thus more farming?

I don't think you can do a stealth build. There are items you can equip that make you harder to detect. But any combat pretty much alerts the monsters to your location unless they are otherwise occupied. 

@Gamebreaker that charged blade is currently my solo weapon of choice. I really like them all and would use them all if I could just for the change up, but me and a charge blade can take down almost anything solo. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@Gamebreaker that charged blade is currently my solo weapon of choice. I really like them all and would use them all if I could just for the change up, but me and a charge blade can take down almost anything solo. 

I'm the same. I went from the dual blades to the charge blade and never looked back. I do kinda like the longsword, and I hear using a ranged weapon on some monster types is preferred, but otherwise I'm sticking to the charge blade. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I got MHW yesterday and am enjoying it so far. I tried Bow but it felt like it took forever to kill things. Probably doing it wrong. I switched to dual blades and found it much faster and fun to play.

This!  My BIL and SIL play and are both melee, so they suggested that I go ranged when I group with them.  So I tried the light bowgun and heavy bowgun and bow out in the training area.  Bow felt better.  Then I went questing/killing with it and it felt slow as ****, not to mention the stamina loss.  I got it upgraded, gonna stick with it for a while and see if it gets better.

Dual blades is what I wanted to go with.  Good to know its a good option.  

Dual blades is one 

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

This!  My BIL and SIL play and are both melee, so they suggested that I go ranged when I group with them.  So I tried the light bowgun and heavy bowgun and bow out in the training area.  Bow felt better.  Then I went questing/killing with it and it felt slow as ****, not to mention the stamina loss.  I got it upgraded, gonna stick with it for a while and see if it gets better.

I'm not sure about bow as I haven't tired it yet, but with HBG it made all the difference in the world to turn up the look sensitivity and turned off the aim assist in options. The ability to swivel your head around faster is underrated. Feels like im playing a new school Turok 64.

Just now, Llevron said:

Dual blades is one 

I'm not sure about bow as I haven't tired it yet, but with HBG it made all the difference in the world to turn up the look sensitivity and turned off the aim assist in options. The ability to swivel your head around faster is underrated. Feels like im playing a new school Turok 64.

I might try the HBG on my next quest/hunt.  God I wish Nintendo would release a new Turok.......such an awesome game.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I might try the HBG on my next quest/hunt.  God I wish Nintendo would release a new Turok.......such an awesome game.

Slicing, piercing, spread2 and Normal2 ammos are the best I have used. Slicing is literally OP and I havent even gotten to slicing 2 yet. Be warned its not much fun solo. Like, at all. **** will charge you frequently  

Edit: Turok was my ****. I still remember using the big head cheat and the cranial bore. I used to terrify my little cousin with that lol

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Thinking:

Gran Turismo Sport

Fallout 4

NHL 18

Monster Hunter

Horizon Zero Dawn

opinions welcome please

Horizon zero dawn is the best and also the most fun I’ve have with a game in a long time 

Archived