Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

From what I understand Monster Hunt is a massive grind fest. Which just isn’t my thing. 

——

on another note, finished Horizon zero dawn yesterday. Wow. Blown away. I loved that game start to finish. Usually I get to a point in the game where I am ready for it to end but even after hitting max level well before I advanced In The story missions and nearly 100% it I found myself wishing it wouldn’t end. 

For an easy comparison, I’ve tried to get into TW3 multiple times and just can’t. Part of it is it feels like im missing so much by not playing 1-2 so that’s not something I can praise HZD for but two other big things that have prevented me getting into TW3 is the combat and the rpg elements.

TW3 the combat is a mess to me and isn’t fun. And even in games like TES I wouldn’t describe the combat as fun. It’s serviceable and gets the job done. Horizon’s combat is ridiculously fun. So many unique creative enemies that have different abilities and ways to be killed and doing so many different things with your bow is just badass. Games that make you feel badass are always awesome. 

The rpg elements are improved too. Maybe im just casual in his regard but I enjoyed the hell of out Obivion and Skyrims and others RPg elements that are deeper than hZD. I just found TW3 crafting, enhancements, upgrades, resource management, magic all confusing and poorly explained. HZD doesn’t have that problem at all. You have like 5 plants to pick and you know exactly what they all do. It takes 2 seconds to make ammo and potions. Upgrading your skills and weapons/armor is easy and intuitive. 

Top to bottom, HZD was incredible to me. The story sucked me in right from the intro and never let me go. So much to discover, so much mystery in th world and the past. And tho I had ideas of where it was going, it actually exceeded even my theories of what was coming. The story and the characters came together well and the payoff was fantastic. Aloy is a boss. Loved playing as her. 

Easily one of the best games I’ve played in years. 

19 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

It was slow going for me. The first ten hours were a struggle, but once I started getting an idea of how you conquer dungeons/palaces. and learned how to develop your social skills into creating stronger connections with your supporting characters and how it affects the gameplay. I've slowly been getting to the point where if I'm not playing PUBG, Halo, or The Division with friends, I'm playing Persona 5. 

19 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea its a slow starter for sure. I dont think you even see a battle for like the first few hours. But they are notoriously good JRPGs and I was craving one so I gave it a shot. Not disappointed. 

The weed helps lol

Yea, I think it was the level design for me. I actually played up past the pyramid level or whatever and then just got bored with it all. The mentos levels were annoying, driving around in a cat bus, bumping these booger looking things from behind for a quick fight.

I don't know, it could be me more than the game. If some facet of the mechanics bothers me, it messes with my immersion.

That's something I've been focusing on more actually, like how the way I approach a game, has an impact on my enjoyment, just as much as the quality of the game itself. Making sure I don't get into a rush from point A to point B mode, so my emotional investment in the game doesn't suffer. Making up my own stories about what's going on if the game's plot is lacking, or renaming characters in my head to things like moo-cow jenkins or old man boogaloo... lol and yea, the weed helps. 

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Great idea.........lets put our $300 console and controllers in a piece of cardboard and let children swing it around :ols:

While definitely unique and innovative, this could be a potential disaster.  

Let them be. Stock is on track to beat the wii at this point. 

More broken systems means more replacements bought means more money for me lol. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Let them be. Stock is on track to beat the wii at this point. 

More broken systems means more replacements bought means more money for me lol. 

Looking at some articles on the Labb, the software/games with the cardboard templates start at $80.  That's pretty high to play a new game with your console inserted in some cardboard contraption.  

They should have used plastic and made sturdy designs, I'm sure it would have sold just as well.  I did show my wife the video and asked her thoughts.  She said all she saw was a bunch of cardboard boxes lying around the house collecting dust and bugs :ols:  

Again, pretty innovative, gotta tip my hat to that.  

14 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Looking at some articles on the Labb, the software/games with the cardboard templates start at $80.  That's pretty high to play a new game with your console inserted in some cardboard contraption. 

They should have used plastic and made sturdy designs, I'm sure it would have sold just as well.

$70 for the one with miscellaneous games, $80 for the robot fighting game.  A bit more than I would have liked; $80 for the set would have been nice, rather than $80 for one and $70 for the other, but I guess it's yet to be seen how much content there is in the games.

As for the cardboard, its much cheaper, and you don't have to worry so much about kids breaking it because you can just rebuild any part you need; the designs will be available online.  And it also kinda shows off to other developers how creative you can get with control options that don't require people to buy expensive peripherals; it can all be done with the joycons everyone has, and everyday household items.

I'm pretty sure this was exactly what they had in mind when they included the IR camera in the right joycon.  I thought it was an odd design choice given its placement, but now it makes so much sense.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They should have used plastic and made sturdy designs, I'm sure it would have sold just as well.  I did show my wife the video and asked her thoughts.  She said all she saw was a bunch of cardboard boxes lying around the house collecting dust and bugs :ols:  

Again, pretty innovative, gotta tip my hat to that.  

We will see how it sells. Im skeptical to be honest, but they can improve on the idea. 

In the end all i really care about are my stocks lol. The price keeps going up and I keep winning. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

We will see how it sells. Im skeptical to be honest, but they can improve on the idea. 

In the end all i really care about are my stocks lol. The price keeps going up and I keep winning. 

You have stock in Nintendo?  

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

$70 for the one with miscellaneous games, $80 for the robot fighting game.  A bit more than I would have liked; $80 for the set would have been nice, rather than $80 for one and $70 for the other, but I guess it's yet to be seen how much content there is in the games.

As for the cardboard, its much cheaper, and you don't have to worry so much about kids breaking it because you can just rebuild any part you need; the designs will be available online.  And it also kinda shows off to other developers how creative you can get with control options that don't require people to buy expensive peripherals; it can all be done with the joycons everyone has, and everyday household items.

I'm pretty sure this was exactly what they had in mind when they included the IR camera in the right joycon.  I thought it was an odd design choice given its placement, but now it makes so much sense.

Read an article that said you don't need the cardboard to play the games.  And I'm sure they will offer the games on the eShop at minimum, though I wonder if they will still charge $70 or if it will be the normal price of $59.99.  I'm sure it will open up the door for a lot of third party vendors selling plastic versions of the kits(like the off-brand Mario Kart steering wheels, etc.).  

Could also open the doors for 3D printing options.

46 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You have stock in Nintendo?  

Yea I jumped on it before Pokemon Go dropped (at 17.something no less). I knew was going to be easy money so I went for it. 

Now, against all better judgment it got 2000 shares >_>. My father, before he passed, left me 50k but put it away so that all I could do with it was buy stock until I turn 50. He put most of that into a paper company that neither lost or gained anything really in the 8 years I didnt know this fund existed. Long story short I sold the paper and with the extra funds I went all in on Nintendo cause I just knew. 

Then once it hit 49 and everyone sold I thought I missed my chance. Being greedy I stuck with it though cause I had hope for the switch. My faith is paying off right now. I just hope it keeps going. This could end up funding my own business dreams (Game related, ima tell yall one day) so im rooting hard for this **** to keep going. 

If it turns into the next Nintendo wii im made. 

18 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Holy sh*t Llevron nice call with the Nintendo stock. Its just about doubled since March of last year.

I knew it would pay as low as it was. I had no idea it would pay off like this. But now im playing to win 

Just now, Llevron said:

Yea I jumped on it before Pokemon Go dropped (at 17.something no less). I knew was going to be easy money so I went for it. 

Now, against all better judgment it got 2000 shares >_>. My father, before he passed, left me 50k but put it away so that all I could do with it was buy stock until I turn 50. He put most of that into a paper company that neither lost or gained anything really in the 8 years I didnt know this fund existed. Long story short I sold the paper and with the extra funds I went all in on Nintendo cause I just knew. 

Then once it hit 49 and everyone sold I thought I missed my chance. Being greedy I stuck with it though cause I had hope for the switch. My faith is paying off right now. I just hope it keeps going. This could end up funding my own business dreams (Game related, ima tell yall one day) so im rooting hard for this **** to keep going. 

If it turns into the next Nintendo wii im made. 

I knew it would pay as low as it was. I had no idea it would pay off like this. But now im playing to win 

Thats awesome bro, hope it continues to work out for ya.  

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Anyone playing Fortnite?

Yup.  Super fun.  I mostly suck at it though.  I'm enjoying the new map update, but it seems like there are at least 25 people dropping into Tilted Towers.  Assume things will spread out after the novelty wears off.

Just now, HooHog said:

Yup.  Super fun.  I mostly suck at it though.  I'm enjoying the new map update, but it seems like there are at least 25 people dropping into Tilted Towers.  Assume things will spread out after the novelty wears off.

I just downloaded it last night.  Seems pretty fun so far.

I have Fortnite(the battle royale and the base game), as well as PUBG. While Fortnite is more polished, less bugs, and the graphics are way better. I enjoy PUBG's more realistic guns and vehicles over the building mechanic in Fortnite. Both are a lot of fun but I prefer PUBG at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

I have Fortnite(the battle royale and the base game), as well as PUBG. While Fortnite is more polished, less bugs, and the graphics are way better. I enjoy PUBG's more realistic guns and vehicles over the building mechanic in Fortnite. Both are a lot of fun but I prefer PUBG at the moment. 

Haven't played PUBG yet - I don't have a PC and haven't decided to drop the money for it on xbox.  I can definitely see the appeal of a more realistic BR game, but I personally love the building mechanic in Fortnite.  It really adds an extra layer of strategy into the game and taking the time to master it pays off bigtime.

Archived