Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Pillars of Eternity I give a C-. Lot of problems with this game: story was boring, the game was far too short, the level cap was at 10, and the graphics were kind of dated. I much, much prefered the original Baldurs gate and Baldurs Gate: Shadow of Alm. I'd pass on Pillars, there are much better fantasy games out there. 

16 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Pillars of Eternity I give a C-. Lot of problems with this game: story was boring, the game was far too short, the level cap was at 10, and the graphics were kind of dated. I much, much prefered the original Baldurs gate and Baldurs Gate: Shadow of Alm. I'd pass on Pillars, there are much better fantasy games out there. 

Level cap at 10? I finished the game around level 16. Did you do the White March content? I will agree that Divinity Original Sin was a better game. Haven't played 2 yet but have it and am sure it's great. I'd give Pillars a B to B+ personally but to each their own. 

So i pre ordered Monster Hunter after the beta. It's my first monster hunter and I have friends that will be playing it. Should be a good time. It's a 9pm EST GameStop release too so looking forward to Thursday night.

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Level cap at 10? I finished the game around level 16. Did you do the White March content? I will agree that Divinity Original Sin was a better game. Haven't played 2 yet but have it and am sure it's great. I'd give Pillars a B to B+ personally but to each their own. 

So i pre ordered Monster Hunter after the beta. It's my first monster hunter and I have friends that will be playing it. Should be a good time. It's a 9pm EST GameStop release too so looking forward to Thursday night.

I was so dissapointed with the core game that I'm going to just skip the DLC. On to bigger and better things -- Uncharted: Lost Legacy next for me!

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, what is Monster Hunter World?  Another survival game?

My understanding is that its a Min/Maxing, obsessive collecting, crazy complex, deep, endless loot acquisition action RPG about killing big ass monsters with big ass weapons. Basically its gonna scratch every itch my GF cant lol.  

But seriously it sound terrifying and enjoyable all at the same time. I am worried about the PS4 beta's performance issues. 

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

I was so dissapointed with the core game that I'm going to just skip the DLC. On to bigger and better things -- Uncharted: Lost Legacy next for me!

Yeah honestly if you haven't done it already it's not worth it. It's adds in a bunch of awesome loot and really fits in doing during the campaign. It's actually in a games bundle on humble bundle right now for $6 with some other paradox games.

Monster Hunter is a game where you battle bosses sort of like Dark Souls, then take the monster parts to craft better gear to fight stronger monsters. You have 50 minutes to hunt down your monster objective on the open map and kill it. It was a blast for me playing with some friends. I was mildly annoyed to get a choice to focus on resolution, frame rate or graphics with my PS Pro because you pretty much have to choose frame rate. But I guess it's cool you have a choice on which area isn't nerfed. Give me the master race release jeez. Too bad it releases in the fall instead of end of this week.

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

My understanding is that its a Min/Maxing, obsessive collecting, crazy complex, deep, endless loot acquisition action RPG about killing big ass monsters with big ass weapons. Basically its gonna scratch every itch my GF cant lol.  

But seriously it sound terrifying and enjoyable all at the same time. I am worried about the PS4 beta's performance issues. 

I saw the word loot, and immediately my brain went dark

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Anyone play Nier Automata on PS4? I started it last week. Think it’s great so far. Has the makings to be special I think. 

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I started playing it. But ultimately I didn't care for it. Too short. 

But judge for yourself -- it might be your cup of tea. 

Monster Hunter World. Sounds interesting, but its a Capcom game. I hate Capcom games, especially when they try to do fantasy.

Dragon's Dogma, what a steaming pile that was. 

I'm going to hold out until Kingdom Come Deliverance, in a couple of weeks time. 

God of War got an official release date of April 20th which is sooner than I expected since Amazon and Gamestop had placeholder dates of June 30th.

Is anyone else into VR at all?  I was completely anti-VR and thought it was just a huge gimmick and lame but I tried it out randomly in the mall right before the holiday season at the MS store, and I was sold.  The only problem is I don't have a gaming PC, but I do have a PS4 Pro.  So I tried out PSVR and ended up getting the Skyrim bundle when it came out.

I've bought more PS4 games in the past 2 months than I have bought PS4 + Xbox One games since they both came out.  I'm really enjoying the experiences and never realized how much depth was in VR.  I didn't "get" that it was even 3D like it is until I tried it.  I picked up Doom VFR last week when it was $20 on Amazon and picked up the Farpoint/Aim bundle today on Amazon for $20.  I still am playing through RE7 though.

I think that Resident Evil 7 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in like a decade.  It's just incredible in VR and it's really scary/creepy and so immersive.  It's kind of stressful to play and for me to get started because I know it's going to be uncomfortable playing it.  But then I do and play it for a good session and enjoy every minute of it, usually playing with goosebumps for the majority of the time.

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, what is Monster Hunter World?  Another survival game?

Assuming it's like the rest of the Monster Hunter franchise, its an action/RPG based around hunting monsters and grinding for resources to build better equipment (you use monster parts to build weapons and armor, and it shows in the design) to hunt stronger monsters.  Combat is pretty unforgiving;  you've really gotta pay attention to the attack and movement patterns of your prey.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Anyone play Nier Automata on PS4? I started it last week. Think it’s great so far. Has the makings to be special I think. 

I have not, but Platinum Games is a top-notch development studio that deserves far greater sales numbers than they ever get.  I trust Nier: Automata to be a great game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until late October. I kind of like that. There are just certain I games I prefer playing in the

winter (eg Skyrim), while others are better in the summer (eg. Grand Theft Auto V, Uncharted 4). Not sure why, just is. RDR2

I'd prefer to play during the fall/winter, for some reason.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus getting great reviews everywhere. I'll bite. My forecast is that it will be a gorgeous but pretty

shallow game, one that you will enjoy playing but should be done with in a weekend or two. 

The last 2 RD's have been spring releases iirc, because I got them both on opening week. But I prefer people fix their **** before they release it and expect us to pay full price for it, which is the exact opposite of what happens these days.

I finished the main story of Fallout 4 after I rebooted. Man, some of those missions reminded me of Mass Effect in terms of the gutwrenching choices you had to make. Had me feeling guilty af. I did it all for the Brotherhood Rock, though.

8 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Rockstar is a top flight company, I'm sure when all is said and done they will put out a superior product.

Nah, they're not that company. Never seen them put out a buggy mess. They've always done right by their customers on that front. Other companies though.... The don't even try to act like they give a ****.

I'd rather wait and get quality then have something shoddy rushed to market.

Reg. Elder Scrolls 6, won't happen anytime soon. They haven't even began preliminary development yet and have two other fresh new IPs they're releasing before the next ES game. My guess is 2020.

If anyone is interested, Monster Hunter World is very well done.  I've logged 300+ hours on MH4U on 3DS and MHW has a lot of quality of life improvements without dumbing it down too much.  I think they struck a pretty good balance of having the game be approachable without getting rid of all of the serie's unique features.  RNG loot is annoying, but much less so than hardcore Japanese flavored MH series entries in the past.  And no microtransaction, yay!

Archived