Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

19 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I deleted my level 8 char on EP so I could use the name, so my stam Warden is named Mywifehasbigcrits.  OMG, I forgot just how much I forgot in this game.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Sypher PK's stam ward build.  Only thing is I can't find what skills/abilities he uses in just a text format or on one of those build pages.  Only saw his youtube video and he flies through the skills/abilities so fast, basically just running the cursor over it and not speaking about it.

Also, I need to learn my way around AD, I've only ever leveled in EP, so I have no idea where the good grinding spots are. I've read that the fastest way to level to 50 was grinding zombies.  Then at 50 to do public dungeons to get the champion points (is that what its called?).  But, plenty of info out there stating that I should be able to level to 50 in 5 hours of gameplay.  

I might sell-out and get on the store and buy some XP potions.  With the holiday weekend approaching, and me needing to learn to play again.  I'm most likely going to hold off on grouping up right away, just get my sea legs back so to speak, so probably next week after Christmas.  I have to get my build laid out (on paper - I'm oldschool) before I can do anything so I don't waste skill points.  Forgot all about having to get skyshards too.  Granted I will just use an online map for those spots and collect as I level up.

Can't wait to get out and destroy people with you though.  Just don't take all the glory, save a few kill shots for me :cheers:

Edit:  Are you able to in game mail me training items?  I'm going with sword and board as my weapons.

Im not exactly sure what zombies you mean (there are groups of enemies not called zombies, when in fact thats basically what they are) but ill look and see. Once I find it I can take you there and then you can go ham. I do know multiple awesome locations to train that in my experience are totally worth the time. As I type this, Im thinking the Zombies are in cold harbor, another spot I used but it was over populated so I switched up. Either way, I have locations and if you need a specific one I can bring you there then let you do your thing. Up to you. 

Yep - they are called champion points. Thats what I mean by 50 *227. Imi level 50 with 227 champion points on my max. The champion points are shared through all of your toons btw. So if you get one character to 50 *600 then all your characters have the *600 points available to them from the start. Very helpful when starting a new toon. 

I have the xp potions. They are worth the time saved. And ill see what kind of training gear I have. What I can tell you is, at the starting locations, the enemies drop training gear more frequently to the point its worth grinding there every 10 or 15 levels just to get a new set. I have been working on my training gear for about a week and focusing on Heavy armor. So if you are going to wear heavy, I should atleast be able to help. If not let me know what you plan to wear so I can get that going. You are going to need it past 50 if you want to max out, so getting started now would benefit you. I can put training on weapons if you like, its not recommended from what im reading. 

Yea, its going to be a few weeks before either of us are Pvp ready, but it will be fun. Knowing someone you are playing with is an advantage and you seem to like laying out your build as much as I do (I use evernote for my notes/builds. But keep that pen and paper if it works old man hahahaha) so we should be able to synergize something vicious after some practice. And dont worry. Aint no fun unless the homie gets some.......glory that is. I wont be able to kill them all. Guaranteed lol

Also, I got another home boy who, lie to you not, just text me last night on his own saying hes jumping back into ESO. He has been a buddy of mine since Wow and actually likes to play healz, so we may have a group here! 

@Llevron  Hell yeah, a healer would be sweet.  I tried to play a healer in Tera Online, but my short temper doesn't fit well with others egos and it takes too much patience than I'm willing to give.  People acting like idiots and running away from heals, then die, then start spamming how ****ty you are, etc.  That's when my inner asshole kicks in, then right before we take the boss, I let the group wipe (depending on how many complainers), then I quit the party and leave.

Not exactly the same, but I did play a lot  of Mass Effect co-op, and the Volus healer build definitely did seem like an art form requiring the patience of a monk, the way people would act stupid and endanger the group sometimes

Lol at this USS Constitution quest. Straight out of a Pixar movie

Decided to get in a bit more gaming before I hit the road, and I witnessed the most brutal settlement raid yet .

Got blitzed by mercs while i was making renovations at Sanctuary. This is the second time that has happened. First time, a bunch of Raiders spawned in one of my chokepoints while i just so happened to be on the roof fixing one of my houses. Got sawed in half by my turrets and i flanked them with my 50 cal sniper rifle

Not so lucky this time. Feels like the game is getting smarter. I was putting up lights, and all I heard was "Uh oh!" then a barrage of gunfire, and they started pouring out of the woods, wiping out half my settlement in less than 45 seconds :(

Had to scramble around ducking and covering (I am primarily an assassin speed/stealth/smarts build. Handguns and bolt action rifles. No strength whatsoever. Not really built for all out war (more surprise critical hits, duck and cover, etc) , but after getting nearly instakilled  about 10 times, I managed to position myself to where I could make a beeline for my Power Armour and chem up to get my strength to where i could do more damage. That's where the vid picks up.

They've already sabotaged all my generators so turrets are useless, most of my best fighters are dead, and people are flipping their **** :ols: , and another wave (with a heavy carrying a magnormous cannon) is about to breach another part of the base, which is when the siren goes off. I also had to kill one of my guys because he kept jacking my armour, and I needed it to live :ols:

Some of the interactions gad me rolling, like the chem catchphrase, one settler who was running beside shouting what sounded like "snake eyes!" Dogmeat harassing one of the gunners, and the one guy hiding the whole time :ols:

Wow this new update on PUBG has upgraded the gameplay significantly. Everything is a LOT smoother. Gun fights where you can actually aim and shoot at your target effectively. 

The game still freezes and crashes back to the main xbox screen, and you have to rejoin the game. If they are able to fix that I think the conversion to console will be called a success.

I know I’m late to this but I’ve been playing Horizon Zero Dawn all day. The intro when you first start the game before you even get to the main screen just blew me away. Outstanding world building that immediately pulls you in. 

i Love this game. The story and world are fantastic. A unique and intriguing fantasy setting. Aloy is such a badass, she really feels a lot like Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman with her naïveté but pure belief in people and doing the right thing. 

And damn is it fun. Makes you feel like a badass with the skills and abilities you learn and fighting the machines is always intense and awesome. 

So much mystery still to uncover.  

Maybe you all can give me some recommendations.  When I go to sea, I'm planning on taking my PS4 and need a few games that can keep me busy for 8 months without internet.  So I need games with long story lines that don't require internet.  I'm playing Deus Ex right now and like it.  I've played Skyrm and Fable in the past and really liked them.  Anyone have any suggestions?

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Maybe you all can give me some recommendations.  When I go to sea, I'm planning on taking my PS4 and need a few games that can keep me busy for 8 months without internet.  So I need games with long story lines that don't require internet.  I'm playing Deus Ex right now and like it.  I've played Skyrm and Fable in the past and really liked them.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you played witcher 3?

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Have you played witcher 3?

No.  Never even heard of it.  I just read up on it some and it doesn't sound like something I'd be into but I also said the same about Skyrim and ended up loving it.  I wish they would release a new Grand Theft Auto but sounds like that isn't going to happen.  With all the side missions, etc I can keep myself occupied for a long time with that game.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No.  Never even heard of it.  I just read up on it some and it doesn't sound like something I'd be into but I also said the same about Skyrim and ended up loving it.  I wish they would release a new Grand Theft Auto but sounds like that isn't going to happen.  With all the side missions, etc I can keep myself occupied for a long time with that game.

Hmm, I mean the game is really well reviewed, offline single player, and long.  It may not be to everyone's taste (medieval setting with fantasy) but if you liked Skyrim and Fable, I think chances are pretty good that you'll like this one too.  Maybe you could catch a few video reviews to take a closer look.

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know I’m late to this but I’ve been playing Horizon Zero Dawn all day. The intro when you first start the game before you even get to the main screen just blew me away. Outstanding world building that immediately pulls you in. 

i Love this game. The story and world are fantastic. A unique and intriguing fantasy setting. Aloy is such a badass, she really feels a lot like Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman with her naïveté but pure belief in people and doing the right thing. 

And damn is it fun. Makes you feel like a badass with the skills and abilities you learn and fighting the machines is always intense and awesome. 

Are you playing the Complete Edition there, Momma? Have you played the DLC yet? The "Frozen Wilds" ... I am looking forward to it. 

5 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Are you playing the Complete Edition there, Momma? Have you played the DLC yet? The "Frozen Wilds" ... I am looking forward to it. 

I thought I had bought the complete edition but I guess I accidentally ended up just getting the standard. I can already tell this is one I’ll be getting DLC for tho. I love the world the world, lore and story they’ve created 

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I am hopefully getting this tomorrow, unless Santa ****s up. 

Question for @PokerPacker  When Nintendo starts charging for online, is that per Switch or profile?  

I saw where I have to register online profiles for each user in order to play online, which I think is ridiculous, but it is what it is.  Noticed the online rate they are charging isn't bad if you commit to one year ($20), so wondered if they will slap that fee per profile.

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If it’s Nintendo and online it’s probably going to be the most inconvenient way possible while also making as little sense as possible 

I've voiced my negative opinions about the Switch plenty of times on here.  Now that I have purchased one, most of those opinions are the same lol.  I will say that watching my daughter play it, both handheld as a tablet and docked, I understand why some of the things I don't like might not be able to happen.  So, here is my review, pros and cons of the Switch.

Pros

-   It's Nintendo, Mario games (Odyssey, Kart, etc.) and plenty of games that adults and children love.

-   Portable gaming - great size tablet that brings great console games which is a lot better than most games on a phone/tablet.

-   Gaming dock/tablet - choice to play traditionally hooked up to a TV/PC monitor or play as a stand alone tablet.  Very cool when your kid wants to play and you want to watch TV.  Everyone wins.

-   Size (docked) - easily fits anywhere taking up minimal space, even with a charging station hooked up to the dock.

-   Tablet - touch screen interface in addition to controlling with the joy con controllers

-   Online.  Free for now, when fully launched in 2018, the annual rates will be a lot lower than XB1/PS4 if you sign up for one year ($20 versus $60).

Cons

-   Size of the game cartridges.  Those things are the size of my thumbnail.  And with the cost of the games being standard to the competition ($59.99 each for most), that's way too small, they are almost begging for people to lose them.  I had to set rules for Tazette, specifically, she can only put in one game and all the other games must be in their cases at all times, stored in the same location.  And she can NEVER take any of the games/cases with her to her room or any other room.  Cause I know if she does, they will get sucked into the vortex and gone forever and being so tiny, we would never find them.

-   Storage.  This is an even bigger joke than both XB1and PS4.  You get a whopping 32GB internal, which is fine if you play off the tiny micro-cartridges.  The only storage expansion is a micro-SD card.  So you are limited and the total storage is less (per card) than being able to get an external hard drive.  You can get a 2TB external hard drive for PS4/XB1 for $60-90.  I can get up to a 256GB microSD card......for $100+.  And the size of the microSD card is half the size of a game...UGH!

-   Account creation for online play.  Not having to create a main Nintendo account in general, but the fact they set it up to where you can make profiles on the Switch and only have to make an account if you want to play online.  And not only do you have to make an account, you have to make one per profile if you want that profile to use the online features. 

-  Overall price for what you really are getting compared to the main competition.  Owning all three main consoles now (XB1, PS4, Switch), I still do not agree with the price of the Switch being on par with the price of the XB1 or PS4.  I understand, given the design of the Switch as to why the price point would be higher than I think it should be, considering it's a tablet that can be also docked as a console.  And, I honestly think my daughter prefers to play it as a tablet versus docked, so while I listed it as a con, it's more of a con if I were buying one only for myself as I'd probably never play it as a tablet.  

-   Online.  Right now it's so primitive and lacking.  I'm more of an online/multiplayer gamer.  We will see if this improves once the online requires the monthly fee in 2018.  

Overall, my daughter loves it, which is all that matters to me.  And I'm enjoying playing Mario Kart with her, watching her play Mario Odyssey and we both love Splatoon 2.  No kids, I most likely don't buy this just for me, because of the cons.  But having a kid, it was a great purchase, zero regrets buying it for her.

Edit:  Updated the con bullet for account creation for online play.  It's more of a gripe than a con, I don't like that you create profiles, then have to create Nintendo accounts for each profile that has to be linked to the profile to access the online features of the console (online store, multiplayer in games, etc.).  It's just extra work after you have already created your profiles.  I wish it was set-up like XB and PS where when you create a new profile, you just complete all the info at once and then gain access to both single player and online play.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Question for @PokerPacker  When Nintendo starts charging for online, is that per Switch or profile?  

I saw where I have to register online profiles for each user in order to play online, which I think is ridiculous, but it is what it is.  Noticed the online rate they are charging isn't bad if you commit to one year ($20), so wondered if they will slap that fee per profile.

I haven't actually looked into how all that works.  Heck, I haven't really gone online with my Switch outside of visiting the eshop.  I'm all about dat single-player / local multiplayer.

That’s an awesome write up @Dont Taze Me Bro thanks for the info. Hat mirrors a lot of my thoughts from playing my nephews. I still want one badly for Zelda and Mario tho, so maybe next year wiTh a price drop. 

Im not sure I understand the online profile situations tho. My brother can’t play Xbox live or PSN on my console if he is logged into his account/profile  as far as I know. He doesn’t pay for online and has to use my profile to do it. Isn’t that the same as Nintendo is doing here? 

Archived