Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 12/5/2017 at 1:23 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Im thinking about it (Oculus and PSVR)

I'm just not sure what to make if gaming these days. A lot is happening that I don't like, and realistically, gaming may not be in my future much longer, if it continues, so I'm not really sure if it is a worthy investment.

Microtransactions? 

Damn EA.....

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's one issue. Another one is the monopolization and lack of variety in the big gaming industry.

I agree with that too. Truly unique games are hard to come by, because publishers refuse to take any risk. Matter of fact, publishers don't want to do anything but make the next Destiny and riddle the game with microtransactions. Amy Henick, who had a large role in making the Uncharted series for Naughty Dog, was making that style of game in the Star Wars universe and EA cancels the game because they refused to do microtransactions or do multiplayer. I feel like Microsoft is never going to publish another Sunset Overdrive. I'm surprised they even had Cuphead. And now Sony is following everyone else's example. 

So question for you guys. The Fiance bought me a PS4 for Christmas. Trying to find a couple games to get her into a little bit of gaming. Now she loves horror movies so a couple of the games I was looking into getting her are outlast and until dawn ( been out a while I know). But she also loves the walking dead so was thinking about also getting the last of us for both of us. I know they have the tell tale walking dead series but I don’t know how I feel about shelling out for a bunch of different seasons of that. Was just curious if you guys thought these would be good choices or if y’all have any recommendations? I figure if I can get her interested in a couple different games I might be able to convince her to try some other games. 

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I agree with that too. Truly unique games are hard to come by, because publishers refuse to take any risk. Matter of fact, publishers don't want to do anything but make the next Destiny and riddle the game with microtransactions. Amy Henick, who had a large role in making the Uncharted series for Naughty Dog, was making that style of game in the Star Wars universe and EA cancels the game because they refused to do microtransactions or do multiplayer. I feel like Microsoft is never going to publish another Sunset Overdrive. I'm surprised they even had Cuphead. And now Sony is following everyone else's example. 

And that is why my days may be numbered. It started with Multiplayer, and became something even worse.

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

So question for you guys. The Fiance bought me a PS4 for Christmas. Trying to find a couple games to get her into a little bit of gaming. Now she loves horror movies so a couple of the games I was looking into getting her are outlast and until dawn ( been out a while I know). But she also loves the walking dead so was thinking about also getting the last of us for both of us. I know they have the tell tale walking dead series but I don’t know how I feel about shelling out for a bunch of different seasons of that. Was just curious if you guys thought these would be good choices or if y’all have any recommendations? I figure if I can get her interested in a couple different games I might be able to convince her to try some other games. 

Dying Light (stylish zombie outbreak/quarantine open world game). Really fun.

The Last of Us is nice, but Dying Light is more down that alley. Outlast is also great

A personal recommendation if mine would be Alien:Isolation. Nit the dead, but it will scare the plasma out of you. Just fear and playstyle of a different kind

If I had to recommend 5 games for the PS4, I'd go with

1. Uncharted 4 (Best game on the PS4, hands down)

2. Witcher 3 with DLC (Best fantasy game on the PS4)

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Outstanding Adventure)

4. Horizon Zero Dawn (Wilderness Adventure)

5. Brothers (a short but very sweet Fantasy Adventure)

8 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Telltale is actually selling their entire catalog of TWD for a decent price. Check it out in the PS Store, it's probably a really good value and many hours to go through. My wife likes games that don't require her to have the fast twitch skills of a platformer or FPS, but also have a great story. She enjoyed What Remains of Edith Finch, FireWatch and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I admit I enjoyed watching her play them because the storytelling was top notch and it didn't take too long to complete. Maybe she'll be into those kinds of games too. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

TellTales Season 1 and 2 were magnificent. I can't dpeak on the Michonne spinoff or Season 3 of TWD. Haven't played yet, but they largely do a good job with those

I thought the third season, The New Frontier, was better than the second season. They have a fourth and final season coming out soon. 

5 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I have been playing Friday the 13th, which is a first person survival game.  Each match can have up to 8 total players, one is Jason and the rest are counselors.  Basically, the counselors try to escape and Jason tries to kill them, just like the movies.  Personally, I love the game, but I have heard others speak negatively about it.  As you advance you unlock different versions of Jason (Part 1, Part 4, etc.) and different counselors.  

I have Alien Isolation to play still, but I can tell you one thing, if @Mr. Sinister recommends it, he knows his horror, which is why I got it a while back.  I just get so many games and hop around and come back to some later on.  What I did play of it was pretty cool though and I remember the old Alien game on PS1 being awesome back in college.

You can most likely get all the Resident Evil games (remastered) pretty cheap on there too.  Those are some great games to play while sitting in the dark.  

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have been playing Friday the 13th, which is a first person survival game.  Each match can have up to 8 total players, one is Jason and the rest are counselors.  Basically, the counselors try to escape and Jason tries to kill them, just like the movies.  Personally, I love the game, but I have heard others speak negatively about it.  As you advance you unlock different versions of Jason (Part 1, Part 4, etc.) and different counselors.  

I have Alien Isolation to play still, but I can tell you one thing, if @Mr. Sinister recommends it, he knows his horror, which is why I got it a while back.  I just get so many games and hop around and come back to some later on.  What I did play of it was pretty cool though and I remember the old Alien game on PS1 being awesome back in college.

You can most likely get all the Resident Evil games (remastered) pretty cheap on there too.  Those are some great games to play while sitting in the dark.  

The Friday the 13th game sounds like a blast. Even if she doesn’t wanna play it I will ?

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I didn't realize how much fun it would be, starting and organizing those settlements in Fallout 4  . It's been a blast

I swear I’ve been trying to play that game for like 2 years. I got about 4 missions in and I got hooked on the settlement building so I got the mods for unlimited resources and just got lost building a skyscraper on top of that rocket gas station and another one in the first town place. Every time I go back to it I just keep doing more of that and forgetting about the story missions 

10 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I swear I’ve been trying to play that game for like 2 years. I got about 4 missions in and I got hooked on the settlement building so I got the mods for unlimited resources and just got lost building a skyscraper on top of that rocket gas station and another one in the first town place. Every time I go back to it I just keep doing more of that and forgetting about the story missions 

Damn I might do that. Been killing myself trying to find supplies for the windmill and fusion generator to power the rest of the neighborhood (already have the center hub, and secured entrance with a steel wall, guard posts, siren, and recruiting signal (several more have joined up). Thats really all I've been doing :ols:

Tried to go to that farm to get more supplies and ended up right in the middle of a Super Mutant ****nado. Didn't know this game went hard like that. They started pouring over the hillside towards me. Might've got maybe one good shot in before cow and rancher body parts started flying everywhere in a sea of angry bullets :ols: . They seem extra pissed off in this one.

But yeah it's hilarious. In nearly ocd, scrambling to get up any loose shrubbery or fix ****ty looking walls and roofs :ols:

21 hours ago, Mournblade said:

If I had to recommend 5 games for the PS4, I'd go with

1. Uncharted 4 (Best game on the PS4, hands down)

2. Witcher 3 with DLC (Best fantasy game on the PS4)

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Outstanding Adventure)

4. Horizon Zero Dawn (Wilderness Adventure)

5. Brothers (a short but very sweet Fantasy Adventure)

Its not an exclusive but the new Resident Evil was prob my fav game of the year. Looked amazing and was so much fun. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn I might do that. Been killing myself trying to find supplies for the windmill and fusion generator to power the rest of the neighborhood (already have the center hub, and secured entrance with a steel wall, guard posts, siren, and recruiting signal (several more have joined up). Thats really all I've been doing :ols:

Tried to go to that farm to get more supplies and ended up right in the middle of a Super Mutant ****nado. Didn't know this game went hard like that. They started pouring over the hillside towards me. Might've got maybe one good shot in before cow and rancher body parts started flying everywhere in a sea of angry bullets :ols: . They seem extra pissed off in this one.

But yeah it's hilarious. In nearly ocd, scrambling to get up any loose shrubbery or fix ****ty looking walls and roofs :ols:

Go get this thing:  http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Overseer's_Guardian

Problems solved (all of them). 

9 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Its not an exclusive but the new Resident Evil was prob my fav game of the year. Looked amazing and was so much fun. 

Resident Evil was a pretty good game. It wouldn't crack my top 5, however, because I really don't care for survival horror (at all). 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds awesome. Been trying to hit paydirt like I did in 3, stumbling past the minefield and finding that alien  ray gun. Got me out of a lot of trouble, while I leveled up.

There is an alien ray gun in 4, but it doesn't show up for awhile.  You'll actually see or hear the UFO fly overhead before it crashes and becomes available.  Overseer's Guardian is the best, most-versatile weapon in the game (especially fully modded).  You can get more firepower out of like, Ashmaker, but you can't get that until later and the ammo situation sucks.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah every time i go out, i get destroyed. 

I'm pretty proud of my gas station skyscraper though. Once entry point guarded by multiple turrets. The entire bottom floor is a room full of fire traps and sentry guns pointed at the door. if anyone not permitted enters, they are toast. Second level has windows all the way around with sentry guns pointed out each one to detect and annihilate any raiders or potential attackers. 

Third level is the living quarters, sofas, lounge chairs. 

4th level is the game room with billiards table, some TVs and a radio

5th Level is the bedroom, cushy beds across the entire thing. Well above the threat of any danger for a peaceful nights sleep. 

6th level is my penthouse. 

See now i want to go and make more settlements already. My next idea is to put a second level over the entire opening town where the settlers stay and all the riffraff will just pass through the deserted abandoned town underneath. 

Archived