Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I’ve been playing a lot of Warframe lately on my Xbox One X. Think I’m addicted to that game. Trying to juggle that one, with Persona 5 on PS4, and also doing a little nostalgia with a friend by going back through the Gears of War series. 

I really want to get Wolfenstein 2, it looks amazing on a One X, but I still need to play all the games I got in various sales from Xbox and PSN store. I have at least Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn, Quantum Break, and Halo Wars 2 that haven’t even been started. Not to mention I’m at the end of  XCOM 2 and still haven’t finished it. Just too many games, man. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Pulled the trigger and bought AC: Origins.  After watching @Mr. Sinister epic attempt against Anubis along with the Black Friday price drop, it was to good to pass up.

Just so you know, that was a one time thing, as far as I know (still a ton of similar stuff....  The map is simply massive, and full of tough bosses to get obliterated by, like massive war elephants ), but it is def a fun game (basically plays similar to Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor, with the complete overhaul). 

You'll be able to enjoy it as a sandbox, but there is a lot to the story, if this is your first time.

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Pulled the trigger and bought AC: Origins.  After watching @Mr. Sinister epic attempt against Anubis along with the Black Friday price drop, it was to good to pass up.

Amazing but HUGE game.  I'm only level 24, the max I believe is 40 and I still have a lot of areas I haven't unlocked. 

Love the RPG style format as opposed to past AC games.  I think this is the best AC game yet.

Its precisely that reason alone that I don't believe it is the best (still Assassin's Creed II).

While it is a great game in it's own right, as an AC title, it is lacking in several areas... Things that could have been retained even with the changeover. Time will tell going forward, if this is a good thing for them. For me, it isn't, but at the end of the day, after 10 years of the same format largely, I can at least appreciate that they changed it drastically, and it didn't suck, unlike other companies who shall remain nameless

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Its precisely that reason alone that I don't believe it is the best (still Assassin's Creed II).

While it is a great game in it's own right, as an AC title, it is lacking in several areas... Things that could have been retained even with the changeover. Time will tell going forward, if this is a good thing for them. For me, it isn't, but at the end of the day, after 10 years of the same format largely, I can at least appreciate that they changed it drastically, and it didn't suck, unlike other companies who shall remain nameless

I really liked a lot about AC III but never felt compelled to finish it. In fact, I've ONLY completed Black Flag.  NONE of the other AC games kept me engaged as it was a lot of the same stuff over and over.  III was great with all the legends (headless horseman, bigfoot, haunted lighthouse, oak island etc...), I loved all that. but it just didn't engage me like Black Flag.  Origins has completely got me into it because of the combination of the map, the RPG elements and new fighting style.  

I'll say though, everything boils down to taste.  Everyone has different taste and one mans treasure is another's trash!

On 11/13/2017 at 2:08 PM, Warhead36 said:

Anyone try Skyrim in VR?

Initial thoughts of this (20 mins of play time) graphics ok, Farpoint is better. Motion is teleport by default, but can be adjusted to be more fluid so you  can walk around. Person I talked to said they had issues getting the 2nd move controller to work, but knows what the problem was and will play again once they get a chance. The game is promising but will update me more later.

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Initial thoughts of this (20 mins of play time) graphics ok, Farpoint is better. Motion is teleport by default, but can be adjusted to be more fluid so you  can walk around. Person I talked to said they had issues getting the 2nd move controller to work, but knows what the problem was and will play again once they get a chance. The game is promising but will update me more later.

How immersive is it being in Skyrim in VR? I mean like is it terrifying facing a dragon or undead in the caverns, that kinda thing?

All of the AC games with Ezio were dope. He was an awesome character and the story was fantastic. 

Black Flag was incredible.

The only ones in this series I didn't enjoy were AC3 and Unity. I might give Unity a try on PC. I hated how buggy it was on console and never finished it.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just so you know, that was a one time thing, as far as I know (still a ton of similar stuff....  The map is simply massive, and full of tough bosses to get obliterated by, like massive war elephants ), but it is def a fun game (basically plays similar to Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor, with the complete overhaul). 

You'll be able to enjoy it as a sandbox, but there is a lot to the story, if this is your first time.

Yeah, it was the ubisoft club content right?  Guess I'll sign up for that.

40 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Please do. This is whats going to make me buy something VR ready 

7 hours ago, codeorama said:

I really liked a lot about AC III but never felt compelled to finish it. In fact, I've ONLY completed Black Flag.  NONE of the other AC games kept me engaged as it was a lot of the same stuff over and over.  III was great with all the legends (headless horseman, bigfoot, haunted lighthouse, oak island etc...), I loved all that. but it just didn't engage me like Black Flag.  Origins has completely got me into it because of the combination of the map, the RPG elements and new fighting style.  

I'll say though, everything boils down to taste.  Everyone has different taste and one mans treasure is another's trash!

If you wanna get right down to it, literally every game that has ever been made has either created and subsequently followed, or followed a pattern that has already been done before, over and over. Even with this overhaul, despite it being new to this series, everything about it, from the map, to the fighting, to the compass, the leveling system, everything. It's not new, and is in many ways, an exact photo copy of other rpg's. 

Exploration, Main Quests, side quests, secret locations, treasures, again, nothing new. If I wanted to be needlessly cynical, I would call it The Elder Assassin Witchers of Mordor. But i get why you like Black Flag and this (I like them too), and mentioned them above the others. It's not a coincidence. They were made by the same team within Ubisoft.

Both games are of a sandbox nature, a slight contrast to the more structured, yet still brilliant other titles, and outsiders to the true nature of the franchise.

It's clear that you aren't an Assassin's Creed fan, and thats cool, but it isn't trash.... Far from it. Laying the groundwork with Altair, and then the Ezio trilogy, is some of the best gaming ever, and like Vishal (well, No Excuses... Still feels weird typing typing that lol) said, really, besides III and Unity, which was some hot garbage, they've all been fantastic, and unique. If it wasn't for the strange fact that for some odd reason it came out on last gen consoles in 2014, Rogue may yet have been among the very best.

Admittedly, stealth gaming (as well as survival horror) is dying, which may have been another reason why this change came. But I am hoping, like Black Flag, and the ACIII Naval Campaign before that, this was an experiment. See what they can take and mix with the stealth to keep things fresh, and keep the fighting system and enhanced difficulty

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

How immersive is it being in Skyrim in VR? I mean like is it terrifying facing a dragon or undead in the caverns, that kinda thing?

My friend hasn't gotten into too much information yet because of his issues with the 2nd move controller. He'll let me know more in the next couple days. He did say he was wandering around and it looked cool. 

42 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Please do. This is whats going to make me buy something VR ready 

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm curious myself since it looks great, but I want confirmation before I buy it. Farpoint was amazing, and this looks equally amazing. I'm also closely watching to see if Bethesda releases Fallout 4 VR for PSVR next year after their exclusivity with Vive runs out (if it runs out)

56 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Admittedly, stealth gaming (like survival horror) is dying

I wish they would bring back the Splinter Cell series.

The closest I've come to enjoying a stealth game recently is Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's a beautiful game and the gameplay is really fun. But I miss the linear game design with brutal difficulty that was available in the OG Splinter Cell games.

44 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The closest I've come to enjoying a stealth game recently is Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's a beautiful game and the gameplay is really fun. But I miss the linear game design with brutal difficulty that was available in the OG Splinter Cell games.

Yeah, Splinter Cell is gone, Syphon Filter, which for a time, was the gold standard, before it had to compete with the new era reintroduction of Metal Gear with Metal Gear Solid, and now MGS is gone too, and it ain't coming back. Perfect Dark was another one of my faves.

Everywhere i go for entertainment it seems these days, monopolistic boogeymen are ghosting me every step of the way.

To me, there is nothing quite like the rush of zero fail parameters, having to use your mind to get past each objective, and create diversions, etc, and snuff out guards, walking a fine line between detection and success. That feeling of fulfillment is hard to attain.

I don't wanna make it seem like im hating on Origins, im on record as saying how beautifully done it is, but people like you and me who know the true AC experience would notice certain glaring omissions.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I love stealth games too, but with the new craze being all about huge open worlds, it just doesn't lend itself well to stealth based gameplay.

Hopefully thats a craze that dies out soon. Open worlds sucks unless they are done properly. 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I love stealth games too, but with the new craze being all about huge open worlds, it just doesn't lend itself well to stealth based gameplay.

I am over open world games, honestly. I liked it back when it was a change up, and I like it when a dev says "Look at our cool map!!!" And there is actual stuff to do, instead of fancy wasted space.

I want diverse gaming, though. Makes everything better overall

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I am over open world games, honestly. I liked it back when it was a change up, and I like it when a dev says "Look at our cool map!!!" And there is actual stuff to do, instead of fancy wasted space.

I want diverse gaming, though. Makes everything better overall

I just want games with solo campaigns longer than 6 hours of gameplay.

Edit..and **** micro transactions and all DLC that should have been part of the original game. 

Some DLC is ok though. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I just want games with solo campaigns longer than 6 hours of gameplay.

Edit..and **** micro transactions and all DLC that should have been part of the original game. 

Some DLC is ok though. 

Some is, yeah, but I largely just ignore it. It's a straight up racket. Ubisoft is probably the  worst at it.

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is $19.99 on PSN right now until the 28th. $20 in store hardcopy at Gamestop if that's your thing.

Must pounce.

You realize Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (which includes the Frozen Wilds DLC) is coming out Dec 5? Might want wait until then.

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Splinter Cell died after Double Agent.  First they trashed the thoughtful and deliberate Stealth gameplay, then they ditched the iconic grizzled voice of Michael Ironside for some baby-faced kid.  If they were to forget about everything after DA and return to the classic gamplay and bring back Michael Ironside, I'd be on board.  Otherwise, it was a franchise I'll remember fondly for the good times it gave me in the past.

3 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

You realize Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (which includes the Frozen Wilds DLC) is coming out Dec 5? Might want wait until then.

DLC is 14.99 right now. The Game is listed at either 39.99 or 49.99 from what I've seen. Not sold on the DLC being worth it anyways...but yeah I should have mentioned it.

Thx!

Archived