Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

That sucks, the compendium is the best shield, but all have their different strengths. You will be able to buy it once you beat the main story. I should stress the reason I've played so much is because I really like the game. I'm normally not a fan of skill trees and weapons that are so varied it's difficult to keep track, but I really like how it's simplified. I love the environments and varied landscapes. The bows and related abilities are pretty awesome too. However, my favorite thing is how they simplified running around/climbing/interacting with the environment. You press A to go over things/climb and press the joystick in the direction you want to go and voila, it actually ****ing happens. Simple enough, but I had grown accustomed to getting stuck on top of a chair in the corner of a room. Overall, the entire experience is very refreshing.

Yeah, the variation is really fun. And none of them are a negative, or non factor, now that there is no win/kill everyone button. Like the videos show, I have primarily run with the kopesh/straight sword and blades, but i lifted a sweet axe off of one of the death squad warriors when I defeated them. The Leviathan blade (which you get after beating the gladiator tag team) is damn cool too.

Really is a fun game, especially the manner in which you can approach each situation. I miss the parameters and the database, though.

Beating the 40 lvl rebel quest gave me the Apollo shield, so not all is lost.  Good to know ai can get it back, though

Beat it this morning. I was waiting for 

Spoiler

The moment when "Amunet" would be revealed, seeing as she was one of the great master assassin's immortalized in that vault at the Auditore villa in ACII, for killing Cleopatra.

Nice curveball. They clearly retconned it though, which I don't have too much of an issue with. It did a good job of tying all the AC's together. Great origin story. Now for the goodies (first civ tibits and side quests). Still need to find the last Phylake to complete the asassination contract.

This exercise gives me hope that they explore feudal Japan. The ninja/samurai dynamic and industrialization would make for great storytelling, nit to mention fights, scenery, weapons and musical score, like I thought it would if they tried Ancient Egypt

Just finished Wolfenstein 2. Here are my grades:

Story: A. Just a blast of a story, with twists and turns everywhere, great characters, and humor that is genuinely funny. Brilliant, considering its a video game.

Graphics: A. Tempted to give an A+ here. So beautiful. It has similarities with Fallout 4, but its a huge improvement over that game. Bethesda is nipping at Naughty Dogs heels in terms of visuals.

Gameplay: B-. Pretty standard gameplay for an FPS game. The one negative aspect is that stealth truly sucks. I think even the most skilled player would be hard pressed to stealth most of this game, the NPCs are just alerted far too easily.

Overall grade: A-. Pleasantly surprised by this game. I'd read the glowing reviews, but I was still had my doubts -- I didn't really enjoy the first Wolfenstein, and FPS games aren't really my thing. But this game completely won me over, with the jaw-dropping visuals and the laugh out loud story. Highly, highly recommended.  

I totally forgot what a pain in the ass PSNow is. Was playing Fallout 3 yesterday, and once I got to Megaton, damn game started acting like my console had hot coffee poured all over it. What a shame.

Think im just gonna finally get started on 4, another game I've had foe eons, but hadn't opened

Also, more on the upcoming Spidey 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.gamesradar.com/amp/spider-man-ps4-news/

Looks like a 2018 spring release, possibly

33 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Just hope its better, and totally unrelated, to the movie, Spiderman Homecoming. What a floater that was. 

From the beginning, this has looked more like an ode to the franchise over all (similar to the Arkham games) and not movie specific.

The last Spider-Man game that I remember not being that way, was one that was released on the last year of the OG PlayStation era. I loved that one.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

From the beginning, this has looked more like an ode to the franchise over all (similar to the Arkham games) and not movie specific.

The last Spider-Man game that I remember not being that way, was one that was released on the last year of the OG PlayStation era. I loved that one.

No I was kidding. I've seen the gameplay previews and the game looks unbelievable. Gameplay looks like it could be the best ever on the PS4. 

Heres hoping. Marvel is apparently working very close with Insomniac on this. Says it's open world NYC, open from the start. Looks like Kingpin, Shocker, and Norman Osborne are confirmed so far.

With a game so big, it wouldn't shock me to see variety, with guys like Mysterio, Rhino, almost certainly Lizard (sewers and hidden tunnel entrances figure to factor into this), maybe some Madame Web alternate dimension stuff.

Still very tight lipped

For all who are on the fence with PSVR, and are into FPS. 

Farpoint is releasing an update that now allows for PvP. 

Farpoint alone is an awesome game with a cool story...now it seems they are taking the next step for VR on multiplayer FPS games.

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

For all who are on the fence with PSVR, and are into FPS. 

Farpoint is releasing an update that now allows for PvP. 

Farpoint alone is an awesome game with a cool story...now it seems they are taking the next step for VR on multiplayer FPS games.

Im thinking about it (Oculus and PSVR)

I'm just not sure what to make if gaming these days. A lot is happening that I don't like, and realistically, gaming may not be in my future much longer, if it continues, so I'm not really sure if it is a worthy investment.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im thinking about it (Oculus and PSVR)

I'm just not sure what to make if gaming these days. A lot is happening that I don't like, and realistically, gaming may not be in my future much longer, if it continues, so I'm not really sure if it is a worthy investment.

Yeah, I hear ya. I will say that the VR games I do play I don't get tired of even if it is sort of a grind sometimes  because how immersive it is. I haven't played RE in VR yet, but I heard it was amazing.

Skyrim VR I heard is getting better with the patch updates they have been doing.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is a probably a dumb question but doesn't it strain and hurt your eyes playing VR? I obviously don't get it but the concept of staring at my phone screen 2 inches from my face for hours at a time sounds alarming. 

Aside from nausea, i haven't seen much in the way of VR side effects which surprised me. 

Honestly I haven't noticed any issues. They do advise no one under 12 to use it due to potential damage to developing eyes. I also don't think I've been able to play for more then 3 hours in a row either without some sort of a break. Not because of eyes, but because of time and depending on the game it can get tiring because of the physical activity...even if it is just you moving your head around, physically twisting to look behind you.

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is a probably a dumb question but doesn't it strain and hurt your eyes playing VR? I obviously don't get it but the concept of staring at my phone screen 2 inches from my face for hours at a time sounds alarming.

No.  It's stereoscopic vision.  you are looking out into 3D space, not a 2D plane in front of your face.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I didn't realize how much fun it would be, starting and organizing those settlements in Fallout 4  . It's been a blast

Loved Fallout 4, did the absolute minimum in terms of settlement building.  My villages looked like Fallujah circa 2005.

Speaking of popping open old games I never got around to, I started The Last of Us Remastered over the weekend.  Heard amazing things, jury is still out for me. 

Archived