Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 2/1/2018 at 12:10 PM, Mournblade said:

Also, Shadow of the Colossus getting great reviews everywhere. I'll bite. My forecast is that it will be a gorgeous but pretty

shallow game, one that you will enjoy playing but should be done with in a weekend or two. 

This is an HD remaster of the original. Are you not familiar with that? 

Ita definitely a classic for me tho it is a bit simple in its general concept. That’s not really the point of it so it doesn’t bother me and has quite a nice impact. I loved it

Yea the game is a 6 hour one at max for me but it's totally worth it at that price point. It was the most beautiful game on ps2 and probably will be one of the most visually stunning of ps4. On top of that it's just ****ing epic game play for a few hours and a classic. I'm totally grabbing that up.....when it goes on sale. 

Monster Hunter is everything I thought it would be. GF already hates it. Which is a good sign normally. 

On 2/1/2018 at 2:50 PM, bearrock said:

If anyone is interested, Monster Hunter World is very well done.  I've logged 300+ hours on MH4U on 3DS and MHW has a lot of quality of life improvements without dumbing it down too much.  I think they struck a pretty good balance of having the game be approachable without getting rid of all of the serie's unique features.  RNG loot is annoying, but much less so than hardcore Japanese flavored MH series entries in the past.  And no microtransaction, yay!

Yeah, I'm enjoying Monster Hunter World. The matchmaking with friends is a little weird, but definitely a lot of fun. 

I've been playing MHW, Persona 5, and Halo 5 multiplayer and PUBG with friends. I plan on getting the Xbox Game Pass($10/month) now that Microsoft is allowing all of their first party games to be available through the Game Pass subscription the day it's available. So I'll be picking that up in March so I can try Sea of Thieves. I probably won't like it, but i'll give it a shot. I don't know about Crackdown 3 either, but I'm all in on State of Decay 2. I'll actually be purchasing that and using the 20% discount. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Do you have to play with other people or can you just play by yourself? Getting sick of forced multiplayer.

For Monster Hunter World, you can play solo or do multiplayer. 

Been wanting to move on to the Arkham Telltale, but Fallout 4 straight up has me on some supernatural **** :ols:

I crushed the Institute with Liberty Prime and killed everybody, then went to Far Harbor,  and dealt with the Master Synth, who is like the highest level of infringement in every way of the character from I Robot (it almost even sounds like the same voice actor ), then blew up the base of Atom fanatics. It's awesome to see how they expanded since that one weird little dude praying in the big ass crater in Fallout 3 lol.

Now that whole spiel has me wanting to do sort of a false prophet, manipulating mass murderer build :ols:

I've mostly been doing just main quests, but so really want to do the whole game and all the DLC's this time, then that will be it.

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is an HD remaster of the original. Are you not familiar with that? 

Ita definitely a classic for me tho it is a bit simple in its general concept. That’s not really the point of it so it doesn’t bother me and has quite a nice impact. I loved it

Oh I thought it was complete reboot. If the original was made in 2005...hmm I'm a little more hesitant about it now. There are other games on my priority list -- Kingdom Come Deliverance, Far Cry 5. Colossus will just have to wait. 

4 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Oh I thought it was complete reboot. If the original was made in 2005...hmm I'm a little more hesitant about it now. There are other games on my priority list -- Kingdom Come Deliverance, Far Cry 5. Colossus will just have to wait. 

I just double checked and it isn’t a remaster, it’s a literal remake from the ground up on a new engine but it is essentially done so to provide a gorgeous version of the exact same game. 

The controls, the gameplay, map, design etc is all the same just with new and improved visuals and framerate. 

I’m still going to get it just because of how much I loved the original and this is a superior and enhanced version of that 

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Do you have to play with other people or can you just play by yourself? Getting sick of forced multiplayer.

I'm in the final stretch of monsters (HL13) and I've played the entire way solo. Since I had never played a Monster Hunter I wanted to go solo to learn the mechanics. I've had no issues, although I have had a few mild gear grinds to have my equipment stay up to date. The game is fun though so it's hard to even call it a grind.

What a fantastic game, I highly recommend anyone who has never played a monster hunter that likes 3rd person action to try it out. The only bad part about MHW is that the PC port was delayed. This game would be even better playing at 2k (let's be real true 4K steady 60fps isn't realistic yet without an absolute top tier rig) 60fps maxed out everything. It is def good enough on console but I've had my extra pro centered option on FPS the entire time. Curious to see how 4K or high graphics looks/plays. MHW could win game of the year.

I did it :rofl89:. Totally made my killer Jesus blonde hippy. I messed around with the naming and it literally allowed me to name him Atom lol. I wonder if npc's will comment on it. I spec'd him to have ultimate charisma, and high intelligence,  (so I can dominate the mods of everyone I encounter) and high luck. But he's physically weak, skinny and slow.

No matter, cause he's on some freaky supernatural cannibal ****, and will (as I scale) absorb radiation, gain strength from sunlight, nerd rage when health gets low, drink irradiated water, manipulate women on a higher level, stealth kill, regenerate, tame wild animals, feast on flesh to heal, control all tech and machinery, and inspire settlers and his companions to fight at a high level for him. I'm gonna try to head to Far Harbor early to get the Children of Atom perks and return to all my children in the Commonwealth so I can lead them to make me some goddamn money prosperity:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

This is gonna be hilarious lol. It's just gonna be hard af early on because he's weak, and the game is on Hard, with the Immersive Gaming mod (which basically means ****ing pain in the ass hard). But it's totally worth it to see where this goes, LOL

56 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

When I went and got HZD I saw a display for Far Cry 5. What is the buzz about that?

Dunno. I'm kinda FarCry'd out atm. Seemed like you get dropped I to some sort of weird religious town/compound or something. Maybe it was because it was so close to time of Uncharted 2, but the locale for 4 (last one I played)was uninteresting, and the story seemed lame as hell. The sandbox stuff was wonderful, though, but i needed just a bit more.

22 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I did it :rofl89:. Totally made my killer Jesus blonde hippy. I messed around with the naming and it literally allowed me to name him Atom lol. I wonder if npc's will comment on it. I spec'd him to have ultimate charisma, and high intelligence,  (so I can dominate the mods of everyone I encounter) and high luck. But he's physically weak, skinny and slow.

No matter, cause he's on some freaky supernatural cannibal ****, and will (as I scale) absorb radiation, gain strength from sunlight, nerd rage when health gets low, drink irradiated water, manipulate women on a higher level, stealth kill, regenerate, tame wild animals, feast on flesh to heal, control all tech and machinery, and inspire settlers and his companions to fight at a high level for him. I'm gonna try to head to Far Harbor early to get the Children of Atom perks and return to all my children in the Commonwealth so I can lead them to make me some goddamn money prosperity:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

This is gonna be hilarious lol. It's just gonna be hard af early on because he's weak, and the game is on Hard, with the Immersive Gaming mod (which basically means ****ing pain in the ass hard). But it's totally worth it to see where this goes, LOL

Dunno. I'm kinda FarCry'd out atm. Seemed like you get dropped I to some sort of weird religious town/compound or something. Maybe it was because it was so close to time of Uncharted 2, but the locale for 4 (last one I played)was uninteresting, and the story seemed lame as hell. The sandbox stuff was wonderful, though, but i needed just a bit more.

Can you record this? For the culture. 

On 2/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, Gamebreaker said:

For Monster Hunter World, you can play solo or do multiplayer. 

I feel like the game is actually made for single player but they made it so you can do everything multiplayer. For example it takes me half the time to take out that fire breathing T rex in the first area by myself than it does with a group, because the ratchet up the difficulty like crazy in multiplayer. But the teamwork involved in taking these things down is so much fun I dont even mind it. 

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like the game is actually made for single player but they made it so you can do everything multiplayer. For example it takes me half the time to take out that fire breathing T rex in the first area by myself than it does with a group, because the ratchet up the difficulty like crazy in multiplayer. But the teamwork involved in taking these things down is so much fun I dont even mind it. 

Agreed, I killed the monster before the T-Rex easily. Tried to farm with it a couple friends and we kept failing. Also, it's ridiculous that for new story missions you can't do multiplayer until after you've seen the cutscenes. Hasn't Capcom seen how like, every multiplayer game since Halo:CE has done it? 

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Agreed, I killed the monster before the T-Rex easily. Tried to farm with it a couple friends and we kept failing. Also, it's ridiculous that for new story missions you can't do multiplayer until after you've seen the cutscenes. Hasn't Capcom seen how like, every multiplayer game since Halo:CE has done it? 

There are plenty of way to fix that problem. In FFXIV they put in a function where basically if you party with someone doing the content for the first time and let them watch everything you get little bonuses in drop rates (i think) and exp/currency (I know that for sure). I will say they focused so much on balancing the weapons and gameplay that they probably missed little issues like this in QA. You never find it all. Since its an MMO though they can very easily fix that with a patch. 

Out of curiosity what weapons do you use? I found myself using the Katana type thing in single player cause it makes be feel like im paying dynasty warriors and im ****ing unstoppable in those games, and the heavy bow gun in multiplayer cause I can manage the fight/teamwork better. Allowing me to lay traps and turn up the DPS in to overdrive when I want. I really like this game. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Out of curiosity what weapons do you use? I found myself using the Katana type thing in single player cause it makes be feel like im paying dynasty warriors and im ****ing unstoppable in those games, and the heavy bow gun in multiplayer cause I can manage the fight/teamwork better. Allowing me to lay traps and turn up the DPS in to overdrive when I want. I really like this game. 

I haven't tried them all yet, I probably should use the arena to test out different weapons, since the playstyle completely changes. But so far I've used the greatsword, dual blades and charge blade. I love the charge blade, does a lot of damage and is quicker to swing at monsters than the greatsword. I may try the katana next. I'm starting to understand that I should change my armor dependent on the the kind of monster I'm hunting, I can see how different weapons would be more effective in some cases as well. 

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I haven't tried them all yet, I probably should use the arena to test out different weapons, since the playstyle completely changes. But so far I've used the greatsword, dual blades and charge blade. I love the charge blade, does a lot of damage and is quicker to swing at monsters than the greatsword. I may try the katana next. I'm starting to understand that I should change my armor dependent on the the kind of monster I'm hunting, I can see how different weapons would be more effective in some cases as well. 

I change weapons depending on the team im working with. Since you can change loadout while in the camps I figure I would use them depending on the situations. Charge blade looks fun as hell I was messing around with it last night but didnt go into the world yet. 

Edit: check this out. This helped me decide on what to try next. 

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Can you record this? For the culture. 

I'll upload some vids soon. I went to ArcJet systems to get a hold of that Tesla mag so I can get access to the nuke grenades but it seems to be glitching. Once I figure that out I will be set once I get to Far Harbor.

The build from an offensive perspective will be all all nuke/radiation attack based. So I will be rolling with the nuke grenades, gamma ray blaster thingy, and the radium rifle, and my Jim Jones knife.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

PS4 version of MHW for $47.99 or Shadow of the Colossus for $31.99?

Both digitally..so no trade value later on in the decision.

Gonna get far more game play out of Monster Hunter but Colossus is a classic. I would say MHW but you can't lose either way imo

Archived