Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Youre biggest treason in that post was saying half the Uncharted games are trash 

You sure? Uncharted 1 is so bad that upon trying to play through it in the Nathan Drake collection I couldn't finish it. The horrible hit detection and bad platforming where you'll slide off stuff you should've landed on and die....

Uncharted 2 is the best, imo. UC3 wasn't as terrible as UC1, but it wasn't as good as UC2 making it a disappointment, and UC4 was merely good. Lost Legacy is good though. So that's 3 out of 5 good games. Basically not half like I said because it's an odd number. 

You guys can excommunicate me now. ?

44 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

You sure? Uncharted 1 is so bad that upon trying to play through it in the Nathan Drake collection I couldn't finish it. The horrible hit detection and bad platforming where you'll slide off stuff you should've landed on and die....

Uncharted 2 is the best, imo. UC3 wasn't as terrible as UC1, but it wasn't as good as UC2 making it a disappointment, and UC4 was merely good. Lost Legacy is good though. So that's 3 out of 5 good games. Basically not half like I said because it's an odd number. 

Your problem is that you played the original Uncharted when it was years old.  It was incredible at it's time.  Other than the screen tearing, that game was a masterpiece.

I have to say that I'm bored of Uncharted at this point.  After like 3 weeks I was at chapter 18 or so of Uncharted 4 and just never went back to it.  

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

For all PSN VR users....

Hearing great things about Firewall Horizon Zero. It's basically just a 4 v 4 FPS. Got it last night and hoping to play tonight

Yeah that is why I don't really care about it.  I'm not interested in an online only 4v4 game.  And if it's 4v4 against AI, then that sounds even worse.  Gimmie another single player story game like Farpoint.

I have been hearing good things about it as well though, just not for me.

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Purbeast is right, it's on its way to being well over a decade old now. When it first came out, it took my breath away, and 2 did it again. I'm fairly certain If I played  either for the very first time in 2018 I wouldn't be able to finish it.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah that is why I don't really care about it.  I'm not interested in an online only 4v4 game.  And if it's 4v4 against AI, then that sounds even worse.  Gimmie another single player story game like Farpoint.

I have been hearing good things about it as well though, just not for me.

Its 4v4 non-AI. If you want to play offline it's against AI. The game is heavily depending on public use which is probably why they made sure the graphics were great, and from what I hear the experience is awesome. This is coming from my old Valkyrie friends.

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Its 4v4 non-AI. If you want to play offline it's against AI. The game is heavily depending on public use which is probably why they made sure the graphics were great, and from what I hear the experience is awesome. This is coming from my old Valkyrie friends.

Yeah I'm sure it's good and fun just not what I really care about.  I'm pretty much over playing shooters online at this point, and I'm not going to pay for PS+ unless there's something that I just need to play.  I haven't been a fan of Rainbow 6 or tactical shooters in a very long time.  If they put a demo out for it though, I'd definitely check it out and that could change my mind.

Sooo.... what did you all get at that huge PSN sale? I got Rise of The Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, and Injustice 2 (so my nephew could play). I initially was going to get Dragonball Fighter Z for him, but it looked to be exclusively online

Also picked up Mafia 3 and Dead By Daylight on PS Plus, along with DOOM, which I already mentioned before.

34 minutes ago, purbeast said:

@Mr. Sinister I'm not sure what you mean about "exclusively online" but DBZF is not an online only game at all.  It's a fighting game like Street Fighter.

Yeah my bad, should've elaborated. I was looking for a tame, non over the top (violence wise) fighting game that me and my nephew could play. When I checked the detail portion of DBFZ, I thought I saw only 1 player in its offline portion of the game.

That was before I checked again today and saw that wasn't the case (which makes sense... 1 player fighting game doesn't make sense at all).I was kinda rushing to pick something before he went to sleep.

Hope that alleviates the confusion

7 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Just Cause 3 is good. You just run around blowing crap up. It's a mindless game, but that's need sometimes.  

Yeah I played Just Cause 2 on PS3, and it was a blast. Just one ****storm/race, etc after another, and all the different ways you could use the grapple hook lead to hours of mayhem.

Can't wait to try this one out, probably 5 years from now...

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Going to pick up an X Box one solely to play (and finish) FO4 for mod purposes. 

After playing New Vegas, it is extremely aggravating trying to get through it with such playstyle limitations. I have no idea what they were thinking.

What mods are you looking at on the XB1 that you can’t get on PS4? 

I dont know if I’m just changing as I’m getting older or what but I couldn’t get into FO4 or Witcher 3 and I’ve tried each about 10 different times. I know they are completely different just noticed this recently. 

I’m not a fan of the Witcher combat or the world. Maybe if I had started with 1-2. Plus there is so much to take in with all the alchemy and food and spells and upgrades etc and I don’t think it’s interfaced well at all. The story and lore are compelling and the missions are fantastic but I just can’t get into it. 

FO4 just hasn’t engaged me beyond the settlements. The world and the story isn’t interesting to me no matter how much I’ve explored. Nothing grabs me. I think this system lends itself better to the medieval era of swords and magic from the elder scrolls    

If I'm being honest it's kinda every mod. The ones that work lead with with basically "Hiya, so here's this thing that's totally awesome on XB1 but because Sony are a bunch of joyless ****s, it's only gonna be half awesome here on PS4. Enjoy!"

The ones that are total crap lead with pretty much "**** am I supposed to do here? :kickcan:"

The ones you only dream about, only exist on the XB1 Fallout boards, and glancing over there for just a minute is enough to feel like a man starving half  to death, clutching his rib bones, conscious enough to see a man devouring steak and potatoes through an expensive window, right before he gets clubbed and told to keep walking :(

FO4's lack of creativity  (At least in the base game) was noticeable, but it wasn't until I played New Vegas (and all its crappy bugs)  that I realized just how bad it was, especially if you wanted to play as a female character (unlike New Vegas and 3, there aren't even female/male versions of clothes, just the male version), which I want to and that's just clothes.

Graphics, weapons, and just all in all fun stuff that makes the experience more pleasurable, it's all a chore for the PS4, because of limitations regarding external assets. It also forces you to use their creation club stuff, which is largely awful.

4 seems more fun outside the base game (Far Harbor was great, and I'm sure all the other ones are as well, if I can just get to them before dying of sadness every time).  I think part of 4's problem is that it goes up against one of my core beliefs about the future of gaming.... The bigger the map, the bigger the **** I may not give.

Archived