Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

The Master Chief Collection got X enhanced. 4k HDR and 60 fps for Halo 1, 2, 3, 4 and Halo:ODST. All the multiplayer maps are there. Played some this weekend and it still holds up after all these years. 

Oh.... Another reason to get a 1. Talk about one hell of a nostalgia trip. I haven't played OG Halo since 10th grade.

@Momma There Goes That Man what's the deal this graphics downgrade  (or something) stuff ive been hearing about Spider-Man???

Anyone playing Dead Cells?  I snagged the physical version of it for Switch today because I want to play it on the go while flying, and the physical version was $10 more.  But I got the physical one in case I don't like it and can sell it instead of being stuck with a digital game I don't care for.

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Momma There Goes That Man what's the deal this graphics downgrade  (or something) stuff ive been hearing about Spider-Man???

Yeah some screens have come out recently during playing that are the same scenes from the E3 trailers. There are a couple things going on.  One, being that they obviously changed the lighting in a lot of these scenes, mostly due to reduce taxing on the system. So they look different. The next is that they changed the texture on Spider-Man’s suit from a latex shiny look to a fabric based look which isn’t as bright and looks flat in comparison. There is also a slight downgrade on things like reflections in waters and windows. 

So i think it is legitimately downgraded but some other facts made people think it was worse than it was and it’s kinda blown up a bit. 

Those screens above are from the release copies and I think they look great 

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I can’t wait. I’m not going to sleep for days. Everything about it looks incredible and while the embargo isn’t over, early words from

reviewers I’ve seen is that it is stunning in gameplay, graphics and story 

16D67858-B261-41F8-9940-D8F58D8E1986.jpeg

63C7A656-29CA-4CDE-9D0D-DF9CF48BDCD2.jpeg

35A56426-EB41-4117-B7D4-A8DF608F2DB9.jpeg

I am excited also. I like that Spidey can interact with the citizen.

Honestly I haven't been high on Spidey games since the Activision one for the OG  (which imo was a truly great title during the last days of PS1). Captured the snark, the variation in enemy combatants, villains, and I perfectly accepted that it was skyscrapers or bust. It allowed for better graphics and became a challenge to not fall in certain scenes.

I also like how it melded various iconic storylines, and included cameos from several other heroes like Human Torch and Daredevil. 

I hope this one brings it home like that one did.

Picked up Dead Cells over the weekend at GameStop for Switch and started it tonight while the NFL game was delayed. After I “got it” on when you die what you actually keep and stuff, I can see how people are saying they can play this game for hours. I love the art style and sound and all that jazz. The controls are pretty tight but I have to get used to them still. I’m playing on Switch and have noticed that performance issue people are talking about and it’s not really game breaking or anything in my opinion.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:24 AM, Xameil said:

For all PSN VR users....

Hearing great things about Firewall Horizon Zero. It's basically just a 4 v 4 FPS. Got it last night and hoping to play tonight

Did you ever get around to playing this?  I'd be curious to hear what you think about it.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Did you ever get around to playing this?  I'd be curious to hear what you think about it.

Love it. It's definitely better against other PS4 players, you can play against AI, but this game is most fun as a 4v4 team game. There is no story, and only 1 mode. Games are short depending on skill of teams. But everyone I know who plays this is addicted to it...including me. Graphics are really good, realistic in the fact that if you are too close to a crate when you turn, your gun hits it and causes resistance, and a scraping sound.

Quickness of new games starting is dependant on players online. Currently I've never had to wait more then 3 minutes to get a new game started, but I have heard at certain times of the day it takes longer.

But if you dont have PSN, then it's not worth the $40 in my opinion since there is no story.

On the plus side...it supports both right and left handed people. ;)

27 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Love it. It's definitely better against other PS4 players, you can play against AI, but this game is most fun as a 4v4 team game. There is no story, and only 1 mode. Games are short depending on skill of teams. But everyone I know who plays this is addicted to it...including me. Graphics are really good, realistic in the fact that if you are too close to a crate when you turn, your gun hits it and causes resistance, and a scraping sound.

Quickness of new games starting is dependant on players online. Currently I've never had to wait more then 3 minutes to get a new game started, but I have heard at certain times of the day it takes longer.

But if you dont have PSN, then it's not worth the $40 in my opinion since there is no story.

On the plus side...it supports both right and left handed people. ;)

Well that's good to hear.  Maybe if it's like $20 or so at some point I'd get it just to try it out.  Is the Aim support/responsiveness as good as Farpoint?  The only other game I've used it with is AZ Sunshine and I thought that game was awful, and the Aim support was really bad too.

52 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Well that's good to hear.  Maybe if it's like $20 or so at some point I'd get it just to try it out.  Is the Aim support/responsiveness as good as Farpoint?  The only other game I've used it with is AZ Sunshine and I thought that game was awful, and the Aim support was really bad too.

AIM support is very good. I havent had any tracking issues. 

Spider-Man is incredible. It’s everything I hoped it would be and more. The combat is fast paced, intense and fun, swinging thru the city is thrilling and addictive.

the world is fully realized and the characters are believable. Graphics are top notch. I could never complain about graphics that look this good. 

If you ever wanted to feel like Spider-Man, this is it 

I'll probably hop on it in October.

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider as of late, and honestly, it's the same feeling I'm getting from a lot of games that are whoring themselves out to this universal playstyle. I want to like it, but so far, I'm mildly entertained. I mean at what point do people kinda get sick of open world crafting and skill trees?

This just doesn't feel like Tomb Raider to me (I'm a Tomb Raider og). It feels like some whiny ass girl with daddy issues got in over her head in Siberia. I figured after the last one (and her washing ashore on that island, fighting the paramilitary group and undead Samurai's), she'd have found some conviction. It's just a huge 180 from the usual Lara Croft. Thats probably the point, but its very nerve wracking .

And the story (so far) just doesn't interest me. Seems very generic twitchy psycho charismatic bad guy and band of mercs, and beautifully deceitful woman.

I hope it picks up, because hunting  (at least in the way this game features it) is old, crafting is very much a turn off, and the puzzles are just not very challenging.

That being said, I'm only just meeting up with the native leader, so perhaps the monotonous nature of the game will give way to something more unique. Or I'll just be happy I paid $19.99 for this.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll probably hop on it in October.

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider as of late, and honestly, it's the same feeling I'm getting from a lot of games that are whoring themselves out to this universal playstyle. I want to like it, but so far, I'm mildly entertained. I mean at what point do people kinda get sick of open world crafting and skill trees?

I feel your pain.  Not Tomb Raider specifically, but just the game industry in general.  At least we've had a rise of the indies who sometimes try something new.

Archived