Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Xeon processors aren't exactly the ideal CPUs for a gaming rig as they are pricier (as mentioned by Taze), and tend focus more on multiple cores rather than single-threaded performance.  Since price is of no object in this circumstance, as the CPU is already there, we can ignore that aspect and focus just on its performance.

So let's take a look at that cpu...

Comparing it to my CPU, an i7 4770 (decent CPU, though starting to get a little on the old side), passmark rates your CPU at about 50% faster than mine.  But that is when utilizing all of its cores.  In terms of single-threaded performance, mine is about 50% faster than yours.  Your CPU would probably compile the linux kernel lightning fast, but in terms of gaming, it could become a bottleneck.

Taking a quick gander at the price, dear god is that an expensive CPU.  How much can you get re-selling it?  If you can sell it for a decent fraction of its MSRP, you can look at turning that money towards an AMD 2700x and compatible motherboard, which is fantastic from a price/performance stand point, and is pretty dang good in terms of both single-threaded and multi-threaded performance (oct-core processor).  With the right motherboard, you could probably salvage the ECC RAM if you wanted (unlike consumer-grade Intel processors, consumer-grade AMD processors can support ECC).  ECC tends to be a little bit slower than non-ECC RAM, but it can recover from data corruption, so it tends to be used on enterprise hardware.

So yeah, if you're looking to make a gaming rid out of this mistake, I think your best bet would probably be to get as much money back from that hardware as you can and putting it into hardware more appropriate for a gaming rig.

5 hours ago, clietas said:

I'll never go back to AMD processors or motherboards. Intel all the way. I fell for the price of AMD stuff long ago. You get what you pay for imo.

With Intel, what you are paying for is their predatory monopolistic tactics where they were essentially blackmailing retailers to not sell AMD products.  It hurt AMD and made them a less viable competitor further cementing Intel's place on top.  AMD then further injured themselves with the Bulldozer architecture that was, frankly, not very good.  However, the Zen architecture has been a home-run for them.  If you avoid AMD simply because you didn't like something they made one time, you'll only be feeding Intel's iron grip on the industry allowing them to charge exorbitant prices for pitiful hardware.  It was thanks to AMD coming out with a serious CPU that Intel deigned to start producing CPUs with more than the 4 cores they'd been happy to stick with for the better part of a decade.

Plus, Intel comes out with a new socket every time you sneeze, so don't bother trying to upgrade your CPU without buying a new motherboard and perhaps new RAM since the old one isn't compatible with the new CPU.  AMD tends to support a socket for a long time, so you'll have the option of just dropping in a replacement CPU a few years down the line and being good to go.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

So the processor is already installed on the motherboard with a cooler in place.  Think I can still take it out, clean off the paste and resell?  I have the original boxes still.

also, best place to sell eBay?

You could try selling the motherboard with it as a combo.  Don't know what kind of market there is for the motherboard by itself.

I game share with my brother, so when he got the new COD I was pretty much forced to play it. Hasn't even been a month yet, and I'm pretty over it. I'm just over the arcadey feel of COD overall. I'm a Battlefield-er. Haven't seen too much on BF5 since the delay was announced. And I haven't really been too hyped on it...

Until...

giphy.webp

10 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

I game share with my brother, so when he got the new COD I was pretty much forced to play it. Hasn't even been a month yet, and I'm pretty over it. I'm just over the arcadey feel of COD overall. I'm a Battlefield-er. Haven't seen too much on BF5 since the delay was announced. And I haven't really been too hyped on it...

Until...

Welp, I'm hard.  Only 5 maps, though?  That's not good.

But yeah, watching that video reminds me how I too am a Fielder.  Pretty bummed we paid for COD, I think we've played it twice in the last two weeks.  I was stoked because the Treyarch/Black Ops series is by far my favorite of the CODs.  I liked BLOPS 1, 2, 3 more than any of the other Call of Duty games.  But seeing that video reminds me of how much more epic and immersive BF is.

My body is ready for BF5.  Looks amazing.  DICE did a great job keeping BF1 new and fresh, I lost count of how many DLCs they released over the last 2 years. 

So I'm basically the Night King and Storm rolled into one....

Brilliantly stacked, seeing as I am a full fledged Nightingale (With the Nocturnal power of Subterfuge),  and with now all aspects of Conjuring and shock Destruction, I am reaching near 100% symmetry.

Everything Conjuring school allows me to 100% exploit "Ritual Stone" (I switched to this stone after being satisfied with my level using the Mage stone since the game started, now opting for a build specific stone, that further exploits my powers).

Due to the high Necromancy perk and master conjuring (I think), it results in a wide undeath field that reanimates literally everything (no level cap, because it worked on an Orc chief before this that was whooping my ass) in the vicinity for awhile longer than probably without all the perks (It says 60 seconds, but they stuck around for at least another 60 after the vid).

Along with all my shock powers stacking with Destruction/Shock/Impact (went back to an earlier save to get rid of disintegrate because you can't raise a pile of dust), the "Stormcaller" Dragon shout and "Unbound Storms," I am officially a master necrostorm mage (has that term been used before?), capable of literally raising an undead army/hitsquad, wiping out the field with storms, conjuring monsters, warping minds with Subterfuge, using offensive/defensive runes, and powerful, backbreaking staffs as a 9th inning closer. Powerhouse.

Be curious to know how many people have done their build like this.

And I'm still not a vampire yet lol. Got a vid for an example (this is still vanilla Skyrim, btw, playing on Master lvl difficulty)

@clietas, builds almost 100% realized (minus the power of Dragonrend and Vampire, still have to do that stuff). Reached 100 level Enchantment, and tossed the now obsolete Arch mage robes. Grabbed the mourners robes from that store in Solitude, and some Thalmor gloves and boots. Double enchanted everything (robes, ring, crown, bracers, boots, amulet) and used 3 enchanters potion buffs to enhance the already damn powerful enchanting effect on all of them.

I now dub my badass dark wizarding wonder  the "Witch of Winterhold" ?. Made the top one last night (first vid is after reaching 100 Enchantment).

2 hours ago, clietas said:

Bravo @Mr. Sinister

Master Necrostorm Mage.... brilliant. 

Doubt there are many left who'd be foolish enough ta challege your power. Skyrims yours for the taking.

Oh, rest assured, you can still murder me with a spitball, as I have joked with @Dont Taze Me Bro several times about, but this time, that will only happen a) If you can get past my muscle,  where I usually run at least 3 deep, with the power to turn everything but dragons (you see me turning a Giant in the vid), and b) If you can get to me before I activate Mage Armor, where I can actually take some physical licks (with Breton power, the staff, and now double enchanted boots, I am pretty much impervious to any magic except that of a top shelf Dragon or master wizard).

Otherwise, now that I have properly stacked and buffed my powers, I have a counter for every kind of opponent, and will kill and turn you in a blink like some evil ass Uncle Ben's undead minute rice. ?

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall need to join me on ESO and we can run ****

Yep, I will get on that soon after I'm done with Skyrim (gonna replay with mods as a black panther Khajhit Assassin with the Dark Brotherhood)

40 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall need to join me on ESO and we can run ****

Damn, I forgot I was supposed to roll with you on there.  I've got to have surgery next Wednesday (minor - for a cataract - damn Im old) and expect to probably be out of it most of the day on Wednesday due to the anesthesia.  But I'm going to be off that Wednesday through the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so if I remember, I can power level another character.  

I can't remember what realm/faction you are and what character I was supposed to make (think I started it, can't remember).

On 11/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, Warhead36 said:

The more I play RDR2, the better it gets.

The treasure hunting is kinda impossible without going online and looking it up though. But I did that for one of the map series and managed to make a nifty $1500, enough to upgrade my entire camp to max.

It's ****ing amazing.  I think I'm getting closer to the end of the story, which is like a good movie, tv series or book.  I'm enjoying the hell out of it, addicted and don't want it to end...but I want to keep it going.  First game in in a long, long time for me where I actually care about the characters and find the plot interesting.  

Making money was too slow for me so I read up on the gold bar glitch and now I'm loaded.  Hasn't ruined any of the game for me, I just wanted to be able to buy ridiculous looking outfits and have enough ammo to do what I want, when I want.  Even though I have most of the guns and express ammo, I still have the most fun with the bow and arrow and seeing how far I can hit targets from.

Even if the story is over there's still going to be a ton of stuff to do, like side missions, hunting (want to see if I can get as many of the 550 animals as I can) and just basically running around and seeing what else comes up.  Might even play it over and see how good I can be (I'm right in the middle of the good guy/bad guy meter).  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's ****ing amazing.  I think I'm getting closer to the end of the story, which is like a good movie, tv series or book.  I'm enjoying the hell out of it, addicted and don't want it to end...but I want to keep it going.  First game in in a long, long time for me where I actually care about the characters and find the plot interesting.  

Making money was too slow for me so I read up on the gold bar glitch and now I'm loaded.  Hasn't ruined any of the game for me, I just wanted to be able to buy ridiculous looking outfits and have enough ammo to do what I want, when I want.  Even though I have most of the guns and express ammo, I still have the most fun with the bow and arrow and seeing how far I can hit targets from.

Even if the story is over there's still going to be a ton of stuff to do, like side missions, hunting (want to see if I can get as many of the 550 animals as I can) and just basically running around and seeing what else comes up.  Might even play it over and see how good I can be (I'm right in the middle of the good guy/bad guy meter).  

I did the high stakes treasure maps which reward you with $1500(well, you get three gold bars and each sells for $500). After that I've been pretty good on money. I've maxed out my camp and just bought a bunch of random stuff.

I've started to use Dead Eye a lot more too. It makes the game so much more fun since I really don't like shooters on console. Dead Eye really puts you into that Wild West shoot em up atmosphere.

Hunting is fun as hell too. Only thing I don't really enjoy is Fishing but I basically hate Fishing in every game where it's available. Its just too boring "lolol".

18 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Damn, I forgot I was supposed to roll with you on there.  I've got to have surgery next Wednesday (minor - for a cataract - damn Im old) and expect to probably be out of it most of the day on Wednesday due to the anesthesia.  But I'm going to be off that Wednesday through the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so if I remember, I can power level another character.  

I can't remember what realm/faction you are and what character I was supposed to make (think I started it, can't remember).

It's all good. I just turned it on myself. Got my home boy back on it since we both got tired of Destiny lol. 

I have a toon on every faction. My main currently though is a tank on Aldmeri Dominion. 

Jump on whenever and if you need help hit meh

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I did the high stakes treasure maps which reward you with $1500(well, you get three gold bars and each sells for $500). After that I've been pretty good on money. I've maxed out my camp and just bought a bunch of random stuff.

I've started to use Dead Eye a lot more too. It makes the game so much more fun since I really don't like shooters on console. Dead Eye really puts you into that Wild West shoot em up atmosphere.

Hunting is fun as hell too. Only thing I don't really enjoy is Fishing but I basically hate Fishing in every game where it's available. Its just too boring "lolol".

The one big fish I got was in shallow water, I shot it with the bow and arrow :806: 

At first, things were moving way too slowly for me in RDR2. I felt like I was spending twenty minutes on a horse just to get to a place where something interesting may or may not occur.  I quickly made a few upgrades, progressed and became obsessed. I finished the second epilogue yesterday morning and I'm still playing it over and over in my head. I can easily say that RDR2 has the best story/character development of any video game I've every played. My biggest regret is not doing every little side mission because I was so into the main story.

If you are thinking of getting the game I'd recommend against any of the special versions. I got the Ultimate edition but have not seen any real benefit or cool gear that made me think it was worth it. If you are just starting do three things: the gold bar money glitch, get the wild Arabian horse near Lake Isabella, get the semi-auto shotgun.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, Llevron said:

It's all good. I just turned it on myself. Got my home boy back on it since we both got tired of Destiny lol. 

I have a toon on every faction. My main currently though is a tank on Aldmeri Dominion. 

Jump on whenever and if you need help hit meh

I was thinking of a "Spellsword" build for ESO. Greatsword, Illusion school/Enchantments.

Basically a Jedi ?

Archived