Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nope. 

I think thats kinda in line with what you were thinking.

I’ve got a killer idea for a game that basically is lord of the rings style massive battles. I’m not sure the systems could handle it right now but life is precious and you’d basically be mortal so a couple hits and you’re dead. It would be brutal medieval hand to hand combat type stuff, swords, shields, hammers, axes, bows. No magic. 

Once you die, you kinda have a Batlefield style map view of the battle and can immediately spawn into any other cpu soldiers body on your side. Maybe they are getting ladders up on the castle walls and you want to take over defending the walls, taking down 5-6 more guys before dying. 

This will happen a hundred times or more over the course of the battle the idea just how many guys can you bring down to change the course of the battle. There are badass things you can do like slides and stabs, or when Legolas slides doesn the stairs on a shield etc shooting people but t would be more realistic than fantasy based overall. 

Eventually one side would emerge victorious. A Big aspect of determining the winner would be a strategy to pick at the beginning of the battle and you can adjust in periodically in between lives when looking at the map. Did you die after scaling a back wall and realizing it wasn’t heavily defended? Want to move more troops there instead? You can do that, but the General didn’t sematter that so if you want to do it you have to again select a soldier from that area of the battle and get him to fight thru the field of battle until he can reach some type of communication system on the field to let the leadership know where the w so defenses are.

battles would be long but dynamic, always evolving based on the diffe Why actions occurring on the field. And it would be very intense 

I like that. Long said that a large scale true medieval rpg where you could execute sieges and large scale battles would be awesome.

Trying to figure out a strategy to breach a castle wall and lay,waste while facing an onslaught of enemies is quite frankly tingle enducing. Or defending a castle. Or playing the role of king/queen, making real decisions that determine the success/failure of your country/dynasty.

Or you go the darker route with sort of an organized crime/king of beggars type of deal, and raid villages across the countryside.

Or play as a knight, and play in tournaments like jousting, fencing, etc

45 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I like that. Long said that a large scale true medieval rpg where you could execute sieges and large scale battles would be awesome.

Trying to figure out a strategy to breach a castle wall and lay,waste while facing an onslaught of enemies is quite frankly tingle enducing. Or defending a castle. Or playing the role of king/queen, making real decisions that determine the success/failure of your country/dynasty.

Or you go the darker route with sort of an organized crime/king of beggars type of deal, and raid villages across the countryside.

Or play as a knight, and play in tournaments like jousting, fencing, etc

Yeah I like that. I always thought if my game was going to have a story it would have to focus on the leadership since all the soldiers die so easily and it would defeat the purpose if it was some hack and slash where you can take a ton of damage. It’s supposed to just be more of the endless army of unnamed warriors and their impact on the war/battle etc. maybe the leadership choices give you stat boosts.

But you could die and choose to spawn on the battering ram trying to break thru the door and the other human character or AI has spawned at the top of the wall and is dropping rocks on your head. You could spawn at the trebuchets but even tho you can cause high damage you are a huge target for enemy archers. There are so many possibilities  

i imagine it would be an FPS perspective to really capture the grittiness, realism and brutality of hand to hand combat. Think Skyrim FPS sword and shield etc type of combat only on steroids and not stupid and ridiculous. That’s a hard thing to imagine ? well like maybe an enemy with a hammer swings on you and you block it with your shield but you fall down on your back. He winds up to crush you but you’re able to cut his leg from the ground causing him to stumble and fall a knee. You get up to your feet and just as you go to finish him, another guy charges you from the right with a spear. You’re able to dodge it and push him past you, slicing his back as you go by. By this point, hammer guy is to his feet and you notice him just as the hammer crushes your skull. Time for a new soldier. Do you go get revenge or pick a new group and tactic. I like the brutality of something like Ryse but in an FPS and much more fluid and dynamic 

the armies would be customizable like color, armor, flags and designs, weapons, battle chants, battle drums, unit types (archers, battering ram, catspaults etc) with different strengths and weaknesses

Online could have multiple players in the same army co-op against the cpu or against another army of other players. 1v1 (with CPU armies) up to 10 v 10 or more. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I like that. I always thought if my game was going to have a story it would have to focus on the leadership since all the soldiers die so easily and it would defeat the purpose if it was some hack and slash where you can take a ton of damage. It’s supposed to just be more of the endless army of unnamed warriors and their impact on the war/battle etc. maybe the leadership choices give you stat boosts.

But you could die and choose to spawn on the battering ram trying to break thru the door and the other human character or AI has spawned at the top of the wall and is dropping rocks on your head. You could spawn at the trebuchets but even tho you can cause high damage you are a huge target for enemy archers. There are so many possibilities  

i imagine it would be an FPS perspective to really capture the grittiness, realism and brutality of hand to hand combat. Think Skyrim FPS sword and shield etc type of combat only on steroids and not stupid and ridiculous. That’s a hard thing to imagine ? well like maybe an enemy with a hammer swings on you and you block it with your shield but you fall down on your back. He winds up to crush you but you’re able to cut his leg from the ground causing him to stumble and fall a knee. You get up to your feet and just as you go to finish him, another guy charges you from the right with a spear. You’re able to dodge it and push him past you, slicing his back as you go by. By this point, hammer guy is to his feet and you notice him just as the hammer crushes your skull. Time for a new soldier. Do you go get revenge or pick a new group and tactic. I like the brutality of something like Ryse but in an FPS and much more fluid and dynamic 

the armies would be customizable like color, armor, flags and designs, weapons, battle chants, battle drums, unit types (archers, battering ram, catspaults etc) with different strengths and weaknesses

Online could have multiple players in the same army co-op against the cpu or against another army of other players. 1v1 (with CPU armies) up to 10 v 10 or more. 

Hold me

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I just finished up the first chapter and a mission into the second chapter. I don't know about greatest game ever or anything like that, but it certainly is very fun and there is just an INSANE amount of thing to both do and manage.

People are saying it really picks up after chapter 1 so it still might earn that best game title. My game has just finished loading, better get started I guess :)

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

So is RDR so tits that no one bothers to sign in to ES to proclaim that it’s the greatest, most perfect, piece of digital art ever created?

I played two hours of it last night....it is the greatest, most perfect, piece of digital art ever created. I am borderline mad, because after I finish this game, a new standard for storytelling has been created and I know none of these other publishers and developers can match what R* has done. 

Yeah I’m still in the tutorial so I don’t really have any freedom but I’m still blown away. 

Its all so fluid and smooth. The details and graphics are amazing. It’s a living breathing gorgeous world and your character is just a part of that. The dialogue is so well written. 

As a non-hunter in real life, I wounded a deer and then had to hear it cry as it struggled trying to get back up until I could finish it. That sucked. 

Killed some wolves and afterwards the blood scattered around on the trampled up snow was like nothing I’d ever seen in a video game. 

Saw a bear in the distance that spooked my horse and had to calm her down. It’s just so many little things

also, the story so far immediately has my interest. We know what happens to Dutch so seeing him here as a strong charismatic leader that everyone rallies behind is quite striking. I love all of the John Marston stuff too. The voice acting is impressive 

I tend to play these kind of games 3rd person. 1st person works better for me when your character is more open ended, or the protagonist is less developed.

If someone else came along with a western where you could play as an indian, outlaw, drifter, marshall/Pinkerton style lawman, army infantryman, that sort of thing, I'd be down with that.

How's deadeye?

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How's deadeye?

Maybe im just rusty but it seems harder. 

Plus deadeye is now one of the cores that you have to manage along with health and stamina. It doesn’t just replenish automatically like in the last one. 

Warhead is right tho, this is a legit wild west simulator. There are so many details and systems. The pace of the game is slowed down quite a bit from the RDR too. Marston could run pretty fast and jump around etc. that’s all gone now for the most part. They want you to take your time and enjoy every detail this world has to offer. 

You csn only carry one larger animal like a deer on your horse. You can add a couple rabbits to that too. You need to store a cold weather outfit on your horse too in case you head somewhere cold you will lose health if you aren’t dressed properly. Same with warm weather. You need to choose which guns to store on your horse too so you can’t just carry around an arsenal at all times 

You have to feed, brush and wash your horse or else it’s performance is impacted. You have to hunt and supply meat for the camp or else their morale gets ****ty. You have to eat camp stew to replenish your health cores/bars. You shop by going to the ledger on the counter of the general store or you can literally pick items off the shelf and look at them. 

Your hair and beard grow regulary. Once you cut your hair you can’t just switch to a long beard or hairstyle you have to let it grow back out first. You can shave at camp but can only cut your at a barber in town. If you don’t run a lot your character gets fat and loses stamina. 

I’ve probbaly forgotten about half the things you can do Oh I love that your hat falls off during fights and I like going back Indiana Jones style and picking it up afterwards. The way mud and blood stays on you until you change clothes or go into water 

It’s unbelievable 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

I don't really like the voice actor they chose for the main character. First RDR voice was great. Raspy badass voice with a hint of a southern accent. 

This guy with the heavy southern accent feels very forced.

I thought it was Jon berenthal doing a southern accent at first. That’s who it reminds me of so I’m ok with him lol 

I didn't like RDR1 and found it boring as hell.  I am somewhat interested in RDR2 due to just the detail and **** but from what I've read the past day it sounds like as someone mentioned in here that the game is even slower and more boring, so I doubt I'll ever snag it.  I'm not interested in a horse raising simulator.  I'm also not interested in shaving in a video game.  I have doing that **** in real life so I doubt I'd want to do it in a video game.

Maybe if its like $20 on BF or something I'll grab it just to at least mess with the world.  But other than the details they have put into the game, it looks like the typical open world game that would just bore me.  And if the story is REALLY 60 hours as I've heard, not a chance in **** I'd have time to finish that.

On another note, anyone with PSVR, I can't stress it enough, you need to get Astro Bot.  It's like a genre defining game on PSVR.  I'm a bit sad that I only have like 10 more challenge levels left.

Archived