Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

22 hours ago, Springfield said:

I'm really liking the new COD so far.  Where BO4 feels arcade/cartoony, MW has a lot of realism.  I've only played multiplayer, HC Domination to be specific, but I like it a lot after about 4-5 hours in.

The maps are different than the tried and true square, three lanes, maps of COD.  They offer challenges on either spectrum.  The objectives aren't easy and spawning feels right.  The maps feel bigger than prior COD's which is actually a refreshing change.  There aren't any guns so far that feel overpowered to me, but I've mainly stuck to AR and SMG as usual.  I like the sounds and visuals.  It's built like a next level MW3.  Haven't tried playing with parties yet, I have some friends on xbox I'd like to party up with so we'll see if they've truly pulled off crossplay or not.  Also, for some reason, I haven't heard much mic chatter yet.

My Activision and PS4 ID is:  CChag740

I was bummed out initially because I thought the realistic mode was a new hardcore mode and only offered TDM.  I hate playing in standard core mode and firing off half a clip into someones face just to kill them.  Had no idea they "hid" hardcore mode within the quick play filter until just now (google searched it) since you posted this.  

No kill confirm game mode yet either :( 

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I was bummed out initially because I thought the realistic mode was a new hardcore mode and only offered TDM.  I hate playing in standard core mode and firing off half a clip into someones face just to kill them.  Had no idea they "hid" hardcore mode within the quick play filter until just now (google searched it) since you posted this.  

No kill confirm game mode yet either :( 

I too made that mistake.  Definitely was happy when I found the HC Dom.

22 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

think i'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Switch. Just need to decide if i'm going to get that or the Switch Lite

Switch Lite loses all of the couch co-op functionality of the Switch. Otherwise, you can get the Lite if you only intend on playing single-player games. All of the great Switch single-player games are better hand-held, maybe besides Odyssey.

Curious what builds you guys chose. I started last night but went to sleep again. Was too conflicted on build ideas (this is the exact type of stuff that makes me play one game for a year).

Think I might go with sort of an Ellen Ripley kind of build. Smart, even keeled, hacky, low key melee, some persuasion, etc

Or Detective Miller from the Expanse. Or me, lol.

Some of the starter attributes make me think you could roleplay a space ninja, too

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Curious what builds you guys chose. I started last night but went to sleep again. Was too conflicted on build ideas (this is the exact type of stuff that makes me play one game for a year).

Best thing about this game is that your followers are not actually useless and can fill the skill gaps you leave. So you can really do whatever the hell you want. 

I have no idea what I want though. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Think I might go with sort of an Ellen Ripley kind of build. Smart, even keeled, hacky, low key melee, some persuasion, etc

Or Detective Miller from the Expanse. Or me, lol.

Some of the starter attributes make me think you could roleplay a space ninja, too

Originally I focused on Guns, Persuasion, and Sneak, but after a few levels I started investing in Science/Tech. Invest enough there so you can Tinker your gear, its huge being able to upgrade your items(though it can be costly, so don't upgrade too much or too often because you'll eventually get better stuff). You'll also save a bunch on repairs.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh cool, because as great as ME was, I ****in hated when one squad member would spaz out and moonwalk into a wall, or just stand there instead if watching my flank, getting me lit up.

Yeah I made one of my companions a tank basically. He wears the heaviest armor and a flamethrower and just melts stuff.

The great thing is the companions can do whatever you want, they aren't pidgeon holed into default roles. They do have bonus skills they provide you too.

8 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Switch Lite loses all of the couch co-op functionality of the Switch. Otherwise, you can get the Lite if you only intend on playing single-player games. All of the great Switch single-player games are better hand-held, maybe besides Odyssey.

I'm afraid I can't agree that hand-held is better.  Its certainly nice to have the option, but I definitely prefer playing on the big screen.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, StillUnknown said:

think i'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Switch. Just need to decide if i'm going to get that or the Switch Lite

Get the non-lite one.  I've had it since launch and it's great being able to play it on my 120" screen or on airplanes when I travel.  

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm afraid I can't agree that hand-held is better.  Its certainly nice to have the option, but I definitely prefer playing on the big screen.

Yeah I have no idea what he's talking about either.  Playing on big screen is definitely the preferred way.

That said, I have played it in handheld mode at home on my couch.  It's nice when I would like play some quick SMM2 levels while my son is up here doing stuff.  Or some Dead Cells runs.  

It was kind of weird playing "real" games in handheld mode though.  Like I played Breath of the Wild on my flight to Aruba the day after Switch came out, and it was just something I have never experienced before.  I also played it until it died on flights with Mario Odyssey and other games too.  The new version lasts like double battery wise too which is nice.  I almost traded in mine and paid $100 out of my pocket to get the new model but ended up not doing it.

I have heaps of praise for The Outer Worlds, but one thing is really vexing me. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the symbols/icons used have no explanation of what they mean and represent? I saw a diamond icon on a weapon, checked the tutorial, no explanation. What is that blinking gun icon mean? I should check the manual, it doesn't say. I've had to guess what the icon is, describe it to Google and hope someone else asked the same question so i can get an answer. Some icons I can't dechiper, I have no idea what it is so i can't even describe it. Add to the fact that this game just came out and there isn't a lot of that kind of info about the title. Hopefully, there is an online manual for the people who downloaded the game. Did the physical copy come with a manual?

I have been in gaming euphoria months now. Built a PC a few weeks ago. Went with a i7-9700K CPU, RTX 2070 Super for the GPU, 16 GB RAM, and 1 TB SSD. I'm probably have already have a rig that will outperform next year's PS5 and Scarlett. I got the latest COD free with my gfx card. I've also downloaded a bunch of games through Gamepass and Steam. Everything plays well on it and my build has had little problems playing the games I've tried on ultra settings, I do need to upgrade my monitor though. I can't get with how the latest gaming monitors are full of false advertisement tho. Some of them are claiming they have HDR and it's not even close to what actual HDR is. Some of them are IPS monitors that claim to do 1ms refresh rate, but it's damn near unplayable and can't keep up with the action in that mode. 

In the past few months I've played:

FIre Emblem: Three Houses - this is exclusive to the Switch. Probably one the better strategy RPGs I've played and my GotY. I've sunk like 170 hrs into that. 

Astral Chain - really good, but whenever I turn on my Switch I play 3 Houses. So I'll need to finish this one when I'm done with Fire Emblem. 

Gears 5 - Enjoyable campaign, never cared for the multiplayer. 

Borderlands 3 - campaign isn't as good as BL2, the main antagonists are annoying af. But the combat is still amazing and the loot is better than you'll find in any other loot shooter. 

Destiny Shadowkeep - it's ok....it's more destiny. They changed up some of meta in the game to make it less of a chore, but now that Activision is no longer the publisher they are asking for astronomical prices in the Eververse store. It plays amazing on my PC. 

COD MW - probably the best campaign they've ever made. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet. 

Outer Worlds - I'm about 6 hours in on this game and I'm hooked. It reminds me of the better parts of Bioware and Bethesda RPGs, and not much of the stuff in their games I can't stand. I can see myself playing through this one multiple times. 

Afterparty comes out today. It's launching day one in Gamepass so I already got it downloaded. 

So I'm kinda hype because I just fixed my MK1 sound to work.  I flipped over the sound board and there was clearly a trace that came up and burnt out.  No clue how that happened or remember that from 14 years ago lol.  So I just wired the 2 points instead.

xwXPWDx.jpg

Turned it on and heard the little MK "ting" sound and was like OH **** ITS WORKING!

Now I have to wire up a kick harness so that I can use the lower buttons and I'll be in business!  Going to do it during the WS game tonight.

And now I feel like a boss!

5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I have heaps of praise for The Outer Worlds, but one thing is really vexing me. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the symbols/icons used have no explanation of what they mean and represent? I saw a diamond icon on a weapon, checked the tutorial, no explanation. What is that blinking gun icon mean? I should check the manual, it doesn't say. I've had to guess what the icon is, describe it to Google and hope someone else asked the same question so i can get an answer. Some icons I can't dechiper, I have no idea what it is so i can't even describe it. Add to the fact that this game just came out and there isn't a lot of that kind of info about the title. Hopefully, there is an online manual for the people who downloaded the game. Did the physical copy come with a manual?

I believe the diamond icon means the weapon is pristine(higher quality than normal). Blinking gun at the bottom of your screen means the gun you currently have equipped is in need of repair. I agree its annoying though you're right, the tutorial(s) explain a lot but also miss things.

MGS has been complete **** to me since MGS1.  Part 2 was really bad.  It was only cool cause it was next gen at the time.  "Hey let's not let you play as badass snake and play as a fake ass Mortal Kombat named guy named Rayden".  So stupid.  It was so bad I didn't get part 3 which I actually heard was good.  Then I got part 4 on PS3 and it was so terrible I didn't even finish it. It was more cutscenes than gameplay and that **** made no sense.  That was my last straw with that Kojima dude.  I haven't touched one of his pieces of **** since then.

We can disagree to agree. Looking at the way things are now in the real world, MGS2 and its story is probably more groundbreaking than ever before. MGSV was the actual travesty. 

MGS3 and Peacewalker was probably the apex, with the Big Boss storyline. With a PS3 engine Peacewalker probably couldve been the greatest one out of all of them. Unfortunately it all felt underwhelming with the third part of that trilogy in Phantom Pain. Too bad, cuz they totally wasted Kiefer Sutherlands voice. Was so hyped to play it after Ground Zeroes

I'm optimistic about this.

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds like Death Stranding may not be everyones cup o' tea.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/1/20941606/death-stranding-review-ps4-hideo-kojima

I'm gonna give it a go. I'm all for a deep, twisting story, in true Kojima fashion.

That review sounded good to me. Give me a long, slow, thought provoking single player sci-fi game and leave me alone for a few weeks. 

Some games are just a joy to dive into and discover the lore and the world. This seems like one of them. 

Archived