Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Curious Case Of Fred Davis...

RonArtest15

Is that all though?  Is he in the doghouse for some reason as well? 

He could very well be in the doghouse.

As others have said, Shanahan always plays the players that are doing the best. In all phases (gametime, practice, film room, study).

Apparently, Davis' effort is lacking somewhere, and the rookie Reed has surpassed him.

Probably, due to missed assignments/poor practice habits. When you also have  a killer emerging at TE, who can do everything that you can do as a receiver on top of it, it really is no surprise to me as to why he's seen decreased playing time. Shanahan has always been the type who will not put a cat out there who isn't going to give 100% from Wednesday to Sunday, in the film room, on the practice field, and on game days.

When you set a precedent that guys who truly put in the effort will play, but then put in a guy who has shown you jack, and has been lazy and inattentive, it sets a bad example for the rest of the squad.

As Shanny has said, he goes with players who perform well in practice and in preparation. Reed has been that guy, and has been the hot hand. Davis has done some good things here in the past, but we've seen him in games and he is not playing the level of football expected by him.

As Shanny has said, he goes with players who perform well in practice and in preparation. Reed has been that guy, and has been the hot hand. Davis has done some good things here in the past, but we've seen him in games and he is not playing the level of football expected by him.

Nobody is wondering why Reed is number 1. It's odd that he's not ahead of the other tight ends or the receivers.

Nobody is wondering why Reed is number 1. It's odd that he's not ahead of the other tight ends or the receivers.

Paulsen is ahead because he can block, and Paul is ahead because he plays STs.

Reg. the other WRs: I'd take Hank over Davis easily right now. Robinson gives us a deep threat. Morgan plays STs(though he's a non factor returning). Moss...well you may have a point there, but I give the benefit of the doubt to Moss over Davis everytime.

Paulsen is ahead because he can block, and Paul is ahead because he plays STs.

Reg. the other WRs: I'd take Hank over Davis easily right now. Robinson gives us a deep threat. Morgan plays STs(though he's a non factor returning). Moss...well you may have a point there, but I give the benefit of the doubt to Moss over Davis everytime.

Paulsen can be the number 3 TE that blocks. Niles Paul is useless.

You'd take Hank and his drops easy over Davis? Why?

Robinson will catch about 10 balls this year.

Morgan's special teams contributions are non-existant, and his WR play is pitiful.

A nickname he earned, but still pretty dumb and played out.  

Looks like Davis is done with the emergence of Reed.  

Oh I understand how he earned it... but it's still not funny at all, and this is coming from a guy who likes jokes.  Our biggest mainstay of a nickname so far is based off of one of the seven freakin' dwarfs.  Let that settle in for a moment.  

I think Paulsen and reed should be the 2 TEs we utilize the rest of the year. Both Paul and Davis are useless. Davis is just an average TE. Reed is a playmaker

Why do you say that Davis is useless? When did he just suddenly forget how to play football?

Why do you say that Davis is useless? When did he just suddenly forget how to play football?

You mean the guy who gives up on plays, misses blocking assignments and doesn't run his route with full speed?  The one who can't play special teams if he can't start. 

He was never good.  Just because he was a 2nd rounder doesn't mean he was good.  He never put it together on the field despite his talents.  

I'd be a lot more interested in the Fred Davis situation if the team hadn't put up 45 without him (or if he could play safety)

need to re-sign Rak before free agency so we can transition Davis and get something for him in free agency

He wasn't even wanted last year. What makes you think teams will this year when he already has a couple of strikes?

I'd be a lot more interested in the Fred Davis situation if the team hadn't put up 45 without him (or if he could play safety)

He wasn't even wanted last year. What makes you think teams will this year when he already has a couple of strikes?

he doesn't have any extra strikes and I heard that the Bills were interested

Archived