Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Curious Case Of Fred Davis...

RonArtest15

If Jordan Reed supplants Davis I have no issues with it. Why would anyone if Reed is outperforming Davis.

You say we turn on players too quickly Brave, but the same could be said about getting too attached to players also. Just give me the best option at each position. Period.

Golston, too.

Doughty.

Yep. The 2 6th round picks from the 2006 draft.

Boy, I don't remember exactly what we traded for, but in that draft we had a 2nd, 5, 2 6ths, and 2 7's. I think the #1 went as part of the package to get JC. BUt where the 3rd and 4th went, I don't know.

We turn on guys so quickly around here. He's having a rough go sure but damn, he is coming off of the most devastating injury a player can have

It's true. But from what's coming out from the insiders, it's not the things on the field that have Davis in the doghouse, but the behind the scene stuff. NOt paying attention in meetings, "stuff that we would never see" is what Russell said. But, it's Russell, so take it for what it's worth.

And he's inactive today. So, take that for what it's worth too

Yep. The 2 6th round picks from the 2006 draft.

Boy, I don't remember exactly what we traded for, but in that draft we had a 2nd, 5, 2 6ths, and 2 7's. I think the #1 went as part of the package to get JC. BUt where the 3rd and 4th went, I don't know.

It's true. But from what's coming out from the insiders, it's not the things on the field that have Davis in the doghouse, but the behind the scene stuff. NOt paying attention in meetings, "stuff that we would never see" is what Russell said. But, it's Russell, so take it for what it's worth.

And he's inactive today. So, take that for what it's worth too

Russell sensationalizes things. It's stuff you DO see on the field like bad routes & drops. With the talent we have at TE, you HAVE to be effective to play.

Russell sensationalizes things. It's stuff you DO see on the field like bad routes & drops. With the talent we have at TE, you HAVE to be effective to play.

Yeah, as I said, "it's Russell, so take that for what it's worth."

It's really unfortunate that the "insider" for the 'Skins radio show can't just report the facts without sensationalizing things. Would make knowing what's going on easier.

• 3 weeks later...

At this point, there's no getting out of that franchise tag money we paid him, but he's just plain lazy on the field. It's hard to watch...

I've met him a few times and he seemed like a good dude, with all the talent in the world, but seems like his mind is somewhere outside of the football field...

Being hurt doesn't mean you play lazy...

Would love to rid of this dude and bring up Nick Williams or Lance Lewis... Someone call the Bills and ask if Byrd for Davis would work lol

Is there any possible way to get something for him? Do the Raiders need a tight end? No point having him on the roster if he's not putting in the effort and we're not gonna use him.

That's basically my point... There are a good amount of TE needy teams, like the Chiefs for instance who could definitely use an upgrade even though they are 6-0, but a good TE would put them over the top. They could take a risk on someone who has the talent and would maybe play better for a change of scenery and a contender... I feel like there is bad blood between Freddy D and the coaching staff and it would certainly help us to recoup something for him whether it's a 2-3 rounder...

But here's the kicker... he's franchise tagged and I doubt a team (unless they are crazy) would pay that much money for someone who's now fairly injury prone, and lazy as all hell

But here's the kicker... he's franchise tagged and I doubt a team (unless they are crazy) would pay that much money for someone who's now fairly injury prone, and lazy as all hell

Is he healthy? Crazy? I legitimately don't know.

When a team makes an in-season trade, they want a sure thing. A professional who can be plopped into any offense or defense with no prep time and be effective. Does that sound like Fred Davis to you?

Fred Davis is the kind of player you pick up in May after all the second-tier free agents are gone just to kick the tires a bit. You remember how good he looked in that one game one time and say, "Boy...if we could just reach him....."

Is he healthy? Crazy? I legitimately don't know.

When a team makes an in-season trade, they want a sure thing. A professional who can be plopped into any offense or defense with no prep time and be effective. Does that sound like Fred Davis to you?

Fred Davis is the kind of player you pick up in May after all the second-tier free agents are gone just to kick the tires a bit. You remember how good he looked in that one game one time and say, "Boy...if we could just reach him....."

He could certainly be plugged in on a lot of teams... Chiefs, like I mentioned. Bills, Patriots, Jets, etc. He's already been phased out of our offense.

We won the NFC East without him...

Archived