Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

You cannot convince me the Warriors wanted it more then the Cavs did last night.

I know it sounds simplistic, but everything else is kinda irrelevant and the scoreboard was the final result. They better come correct on Sunday, because the Cavs have the momentum and I'd say GS has more pressure on them to pull this off then the Cavs do.

73 win team up 3-1 in the finals with Game 7 at home? Cavs aren't supposed to win.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

The refs are horrible on both ends of the floor.  I mean terrible.  It has been going on all series long.  The foul they called on Kevin Love under the rim where he barely touched Green (I think it was Green) was abysmal.

In game 4, the ref was standing on the sideline and said the ball bounced out with JR smith and the ball was clearly a foot in bounds.  No where close to being out.  I mean its pathetic some of the calls they make

It's relevant when people start talking about conspiracy, like NBA is the KGB or something.

You cannot convince me the Warriors wanted it more then the Cavs did last night.

I know it sounds simplistic, but everything else is kinda irrelevant and the scoreboard was the final result. They better come correct on Sunday, because the Cavs have the momentum and I'd say GS has more pressure on them to pull this off then the Cavs do.

73 win team up 3-1 in the finals with Game 7 at home? Cavs aren't supposed to win.

Agreed, all pressure is on GS. One thing that might help is actually doubling LeBron I mean how long are they going to let him take players one-on-one when he's playing like this? I'd trap him as soon as he gets the ball and force the rest of the team to beat you on the road. If they do, it was destiny. 

Can't just let him jaunt to the rim at will every damn possession when he's playing like an all-time great.

• Like 1

Apparently, Steph Curry gave the court side fans a huge gift by throwing his mouthpiece. I heard a story before the game that one of his mouthpieces was going to be sold for 5k. Who would pay 5k for a germ infested mouthpiece.

Edited by Redskin4ever

I hate talking about the refs after NBA games, but it's inevitable.

Legit question: Was that the best game Lebron has ever played? Those insane games against the Celtics and Spurs will get consideration, but that was really a matter of being super hot and hitting a million jumpers. I'd never him that downright mean on both ends of the floor before. He was trying to embarrass people.

I hate talking about the refs after NBA games, but it's inevitable.

Legit question: Was that the best game Lebron has ever played? Those insane games against the Celtics and Spurs will get consideration, but that was really a matter of being super hot and hitting a million jumpers. I'd never him that downright mean on both ends of the floor before. He was trying to embarrass people.

It's between last night and Game 6 up in Boston. I may go Game 6 because it was on the road but I don't think either is wrong. There's also the Detroit game where he scored 25 in a row as a young kid.

It's between last night and Game 6 up in Boston. I may go Game 6 because it was on the road but I don't think either is wrong. There's also the Detroit game where he scored 25 in a row as a young kid.

The big story is that he scored the 18 in a row, but he scored or assisted on 27 in a row.

I'm trying to find the comparable thing in an NBA finals game, but I don't remember seeing anything like that before.

And he has 3 TOs the last 2 games and only one last night.  For somebody that handles the ball as much as he does that's just playing at an unbelievable level.

So is Kerr finally going to stop switching on Lebron above the three line? They've stopped doing it after Curry gets in foul trouble, but I'm still trying to figure out why defenders simply aren't going under screens on Lebron most of the game. Isn't him shooting a more desirable outcome than him going one on one against the smallest player on the floor?

Lots of people are starting to say Kerr is getting out coached.

• Like 1

The big story is that he scored the 18 in a row, but he scored or assisted on 27 in a row.

I'm trying to find the comparable thing in an NBA finals game, but I don't remember seeing anything like that before.

And he has 3 TOs the last 2 games and only one last night.  For somebody that handles the ball as much as he does that's just playing at an unbelievable level.

In the middle of all that, he also had a steal and that insane block on Draymond. And I'm pretty sure there was another block or steal or well, but I may have blacked out.  Jordan is really the only superstar I remember who could dominate on both ends simultaneously like that. But when he had it going, he usually wasn't throwing alley-oops on back to back plays in crunch time.

So is Kerr finally going to stop switching on Lebron above the three line? They've stopped doing it after Curry gets in foul trouble, but I'm still trying to figure out why defenders simply aren't going under screens on Lebron most of the game. Isn't him shooting a more desirable outcome than him going one on one against the smallest player on the floor?

Lots of people are starting to say Kerr is getting out coached.

They've actually done that at different times in different games.  They don't always switch.  I think the attitude has been that they would help in the paint (with multiple people).  There have been plenty of times where Lebron has missed layups in the paint because of the help.

Without Bogut and/or Green (or a Green that is in foul trouble), I think that approach has issues.  Helping to the likes of Barnes, Livingston, Barbossa, Ezeli etc isn't as effective.

I'm not sure what they can do if Iggy isn't healthy enough to be effective.    I'd be biased to putting Thompson on him, but then who guards Irving?

They've actually done that at different times in different games.  They don't always switch.  I think the attitude has been that they would help in the paint (with multiple people).  There have been plenty of times where Lebron has missed layups in the paint because of the help.

Without Bogut and/or Green (or a Green that is in foul trouble), I think that approach has issues.  Helping to the likes of Barnes, Livingston, Barbossa, Ezeli etc isn't as effective.

I'm not sure what they can do if Iggy isn't healthy enough to be effective.    I'd be biased to putting Thompson on him, but then who guards Irving?

At this point you do whatever you can to stop LeBron not Irving. Irving will either hit or miss shots but LeBron will hit shots and get other guys open. Gotta get the ball out of his hands immediately.

At this point you do whatever you can to stop LeBron not Irving. Irving will either hit or miss shots but LeBron will hit shots and get other guys open. Gotta get the ball out of his hands immediately.

Their strategy going back to last years finals was to not double Lebron early because they felt that really played into his game where the ability to make passes and his court vision are really his superior skill.

Make him work.  Make him go one-on-one as long as possible, and then help in the paint.

The problem is in game 5, Irving went off completely on his own, and the last game, they didn't really contain Lebron's passing as Thompson was 6-6 partly due to some really good passes from Lebron and Lebron got his points.

I could see Kerr doubling down on their normal approach.  Do what you can to control irving, take away everybody else, and if Lebron scores 50 (especially if you go under everything and try and make him more of a jump shooter), you live with it.

Though, I can certainly see the opposite argument.  Double Lebron as early as possible (presumably in any pick and roll situation) and see if Irving or somebody else on the team has the ability/will to step up big on the road in game 7 of an NBA final.

Especially if Iggy is limited, I'm not sure what the best choice would be.

I do think Lue has done a good job.  Cutting Delladonova out of the rotation has been the right move, and the move to RJ has clearly paid off.

I have no problem with the idea that he's out coached Kerr, though part of Kerr's problem is now roster flexibility in the last 2 games with Green suspension and the Bogut injury.

Sometimes it seems to me that Lebron is too amped up or presses too much (and then plays bad/dumb offense).  If he comes out under control in game 7, I honestly have no idea how to approach Lebron.

Edited by PeterMP

There is too much on the line for Cleveland to lose this now. I think that sum**** can smell the history.

This player, that city, the team they're facing, the predicament they were in. I just can't see these guys wilting.

I said it would be in GS best interest to put this away last night. The longer this goes, the more mortal GS becomes.

Cleveland gives no ****s about the Oracle mystique. Curry and Klay and Draymond are going to have to play their best game of the season to stop what is coming. No ifs ands or buts.

Its like Imhotep when he lost his powers in The Mummy. Straight up, no bs, alpha against alpha, winner take all.

• Like 1

I wonder how much losing Bogut has hurt the Warriors?  He isn't a game changer but he is a big body that guards the rim.

I must say this series has puzzled me.  The Cavaliers looked horrible the first two games. 

Game 5 I think was the turning point (obviously).  The Draymond Green suspension was a bit horse manure.

They've actually done that at different times in different games. They don't always switch. I think the attitude has been that they would help in the paint (with multiple people). There have been plenty of times where Lebron has missed layups in the paint because of the help.

Without Bogut and/or Green (or a Green that is in foul trouble), I think that approach has issues. Helping to the likes of Barnes, Livingston, Barbossa, Ezeli etc isn't as effective.

I'm not sure what they can do if Iggy isn't healthy enough to be effective. I'd be biased to putting Thompson on him, but then who guards Irving?

I think they've been switching everything far more often than not and Lebron's averaging 30ppg at over .500 fg%. What they're doing is not working and I'm not sure it's ever been anything but a terrible idea. Is there a star player in the league that wouldn't prefer to pick his defender? The Warriors are allowing the Cavs to do this, while the Cavs have tried to reduce the easy opportunities the Warriors have had attacking Kyrie.

I suspect there is also a mental element to this. The Cavs want to intimidate the Warriors and this ridiculous strategy makes that easier.