Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I was thinking about the difference in Lebron's legacy if he wins this next game or loses it. I think it's quite drastic. A status among the greats is pretty dramatically effected by this. I mean, if he loses, he's still gotta be on the top shelf of players. But if the dude posts 45 and they win it, I think he jumps several spots up.

I know most of you do not like him, lol. I clearly remember him on ESPN when he played in high school. He was the first mega athlete I remember being younger than me. I was like, "well, looks like my window of opportunity has passed!" (I had aspirations of playing pro baseball).

I mean, try your best to put aside the hatred, the bias against him. Does he break top 10 of all time if he pulls this one out of the bag?

I am so fascinated by the greatest basketball players of all time. More than baseball, football, sports I watch more of LIVE. But the history of all-time greats in basketball is way more fun to research. They are all so entertaining to watch.

Lebron's prob is that he left for talent, won with ****ing D. Wade. I mean, Bosh was a good third wheel, but D. Wade was absolutely world class back then. That was like if Magic went to the Celtics with Bird and McHale. Come on son!!! Lol.

On that note, where do you rank D. Wade all time? Top 30? 20?

This is the biggest game 7 I can remember. Sorry for the rant but I hold back from talking sports on here cuz yall be arguin up in these threads yall. Come on yall. Nah I find this thread way less beligerant than baseball/football threads.

/basketball ramble

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

He's already top 10 in my mind. If he pulls this off and sends GS home with another unbelievable performance, he gets to sit at the Round Table. Whoever is already there is debatable for some, but to beat this team, and bring a title to a city that has bested many great players and teams, you have to include him in the conversation with the NBA GOATs. GS is a scoring machine the likes of which has never before been seen. And he is wrecking them.

• Like 2

I mean, try your best to put aside the hatred, the bias against him. Does he break top 10 of all time if he pulls this one out of the bag?

C'mon, Lebron broke top ten of all time years ago.   If he pulls this out he cements his spot at No. 2 in my book.  At least top 5 in any reasonably informed basketball fan's book.  

For probably around 6-8 years, I hated Lebron. I hated the fact that a man that had the refs in his back pocket, was allowed to crab dribble, was bigger and faster than just about anyone, eventually had better teammates, and had the media all on his side still felt the need to flop, complain, and jynx other players at the foul line. But his efficiency during his time with Miami was just otherworldly. You can't deny the greatness, regardless of his clear inflated sense of self.

The dude puts in the work, and sacrifices everything to win. You have so many players opting out of the olympics because of health issues, yet this guy has basically played competitive basketball almost every day of the year at almost 40 min/game per for like 6 straight years. You can't ignore that. Most guys would just take a breather and relax after winning so much and yet maybe the only evidence we have that Lebron has ever taken a vacation from the sport lies in a photo of him, wade, and Chris Paul on a pontoon raft.

Speaking of stats you can't ignore... Lebron leads all players in the Finals in the following categories:

Points/game

Assists/game

Rebounds/game

Steals/game

Blocks/game

Minutes/game

And offensive and defensive ratings that are better and/or double that of any other player while dropping back to back 40 burgers.

• Like 2

C'mon, Lebron broke top ten of all time years ago. If he pulls this out he cements his spot at No. 2 in my book. At least top 5 in any reasonably informed basketball fan's book.

WOW. I like that bold stance. I think he gets an unfair shake too. I'm rooting for him Sunday. And Cleveland. **** it. I rooted for the Warriors to make it to 73, and appreciate them, but I ain't a fan of anybody but the Wizards. I want to watch Lebron take over and slay the dragon.

Sorry Do Itch, I like Curry and all, but I've joined the dark side (literally) at the end of this movie.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

WOW. I like that bold stance. I think he gets an unfair shake too. I'm rooting for him Sunday. And Cleveland. **** it. I rooted for the Warriors to make it to 73, and appreciate them, but I ain't a fan of anybody but the Wizards. I want to watch Lebron take over and slay the dragon.

Sorry Do Itch, I like Curry and all, but I've joined the dark side (literally) at the end of this movie.

you shut your whore mouth

• Like 1

Lebron's prob is that he left for talent, won with ****ing D. Wade. I mean, Bosh was a good third wheel, but D. Wade was absolutely world class back then. That was like if Magic went to the Celtics with Bird and McHale. Come on son!!! Lol.

Lebron is already top 10, and Wade had slipped a bunch by the time that Lebron went to Miami, and by Lebron's last year in Miami, Bosh was easily a better player than Wade.

Edited by PeterMP

So... everyone predicted a sweep, than. changed it to GS in 5 after Game 3 - now "GS in 6" is the hot prediction.

Cleveland pushing it to 6 is impressive... and I agree GS should win the series... but deep down I honestly am rooting for an upset of historic purposes.

Maybe that is too much to ask out of sports.

One question for folks able to watch the whole thing - why isnt Mozgov playing? Is it because he is a defensive liability with Igoudala at center?

Double,

This is me after Game 5. I am with you - Maybe us Wizards fans were the first to hate on Lebron and started to turn around after one season in Miami.

It is crazy that one game could make him for the rest of his career - ignoring the feat to push GS to 7 games. The way future generations see him depends on one game.

Radio locally in LA mentioned Kobes 2010 game 7 as similar. Him winning that got him 5 and he did it without Shaq and with his guys... and it was Artest shot that sealed it at the end I think... it is likely one of the other 9 players on the court win or lose this game on Sunday.

C'mon, Lebron broke top ten of all time years ago. If he pulls this out he cements his spot at No. 2 in my book. At least top 5 in any reasonably informed basketball fan's book.

i agree with this. It would cement him at 2 for me. I don't like the guy and he's fun to root against but yu can't deny his greatness and spot at the absolute tip top of the pyramid.

It's so rare to see an athlete come in with so much hype, hyperbole and fanfare and actually exceed it by s large margin.

That said, barbecue chicken is on the menu Sunday night. Curry better bring it or it's his ass

I said I didn't think the series was going to go 7 games, but I didn't know that Green was going to get suspended for a game, Bogut was going to be lost for the series in game 5, and that Iggy was going to come down with back spasms in game 6.

I think game 7 comes down to two things.  First, how healthy is Iggy.  Second, how the refs call the game.  They've been so inconsistent this series that you just don't know how they are going to call the game.  If they allow a lot of contact around the rim, it clearly favors the Warriors, especially without Bogut they are lacking quality interior defenders.  If they call it tight, then it isn't hard to imagine the Warriors have issues with helping effectively and/or people getting in foul trouble, and the Cavs have another field day at the rim.

If the refs call the game in the paint like it is 1995 (and they've done that in some games this series), that's a big advantage to the Warriors, especially since they are lacking Bogut.

Edited by PeterMP

How can the Warriors be lacking interior defenders with all world super defender Draymond Green on the floor?  Lost in all the chatter is how utterly incapable he's looked far too often for two consecutive series.  He was a liability against the Thunder and against the Cavs he's been better but still far from anything you'd mistake for star caliber. Unless Kevin Love is on the floor, he's not all that effective defensively as he can't guard Lebron and hasn't been able to keep Thompson in check or protect the rim.  Offensively he's managed single figures scoring over the last three games.  

I'm rooting for Lebron, but whoever wins tonight will probably be my top rooting interest starting next year.  Rooting for Lebron at 32 years old to rectify his finals W/L feels a little too pointless vs. rooting for a GS threepeat at that point. 

I have to go to the grocery store right now **** THAT (the *'s were capped)