Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 7/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, Destino said:

Wouldn't make any sense for them to trade Wiggins back to Cleveland.  They already have plenty of starting talent and have a fairly good point guard too.  If the Wolves need anything, it's depth. 

Now if the Cavs accept Teague and some draft picks for Kyrie, that would be something.  Lebron might retire if they do that. 

Also can we talk about the fact that a star player has requested a trade and Minnesota is one of the places he wants to play?  What a time to be alive.  

Like when dudes like Horace Grant went to Orlando. Everyone around the league knows whats going on in Minny. 

And I've always agreed with you about the overrated aspect of city destinations. Everywhere is nice when you have money

12 hours ago, daveakl said:

The list goes:

CP3: 3x all NBA team

Irving: NBA champion

Curry: NBA champion

Westbrook: MVP

L. Ball: MVP of summer league

Lowry: all NBA team, top 3 team in east

Then you have:

Lillard

Walker

Conley

Thomas 

Wall

The awards won by the first tier is amazing. 

Edited by daveakl
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

I don't mind the smack talk, that's fine. But this is exactly what is wrong with current youth sports as a whole, overbearing parents teaching poor sportsmanship. 

Really, forfeiting a game because you don't like a ref call, terrible coaching and leadership. 

The smack talk is funny to a point, but inevitably his true personality shows and will continue to show. He's a pure dick

My daughter played AAU ball for two years and I can attest to a few things about upper level AAU games.

1. The officiating is universally just terrible. I know everyone thinks the officiating in every game is bad, but weekend AAU tourneys are at a completely different level.

2. This creates a combustible situation because every person there is literally out for their own self interest and therefore no one - coaches, fans, players, tourney directors - listen to anyone. It's not like a game at a high school where an AD will generally kick anyone out of the gym who causes trouble and the coaches and fans have to see each other at church on Sunday. It's just everyone's Id gone completely wild. And it's incredibly easy to get caught up in it. I once yelled "ball don't lie" at an 11 year old girl missing an undeserved free throw. Of course, I took a walk out to the parking lot after that essentially to put myself in time out.

3. The style of play in AAU is nuts. Everyone is playing in their own self interest so it's just ball dominate guard against ball dominant guard over and over and over again. Big men are lost because no one knows how to pass them the ball, and refs don't know how to officiate big men. So you end up with these 6 foot 6 16-year-olds who are angry at the world and sometimes just decide to go one on one from behind the three point line, because they are bored.

4. A lot of the coaches are actually paying for their teams out of pocket with the hopes of striking it rich somehow  - kind of like what Lonzo Ball is doing. As such, a bad call is not hurting their team in that moment. It's potentially hurting their income for years ahead.

It's really a total madhouse. And then you see the one kid who is obviously going to start on a good team in a big conference, and you just sit mesmerized and forget everything else.

• Like 3

I'm going to be ecstatic if Cleveland does trade Kyrie, it will be only a matter of time until James leaves and the Cavs trade Love to start their rebuild.  That franchise will be back to basically being out the way for the East and Wizards to make runs over next couple years since our core is locked up.

Saw Kryie blaming LeBron for leaking the trade request, his camp, whatever, he's pissed at LeBron, I love it. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Saw Kryie blaming LeBron for leaking the trade request, his camp, whatever, he's pissed at LeBron, I love it. 

I have believed for a while now that no one actually likes playing with Bron, its just that they know they can get rings with him. Or at least those playoff checks. 

He seems like a dick on the court. And I would have soooo sooo so much problem with him trying to boss me around on the floor like a coach but then pass out of a look with him backing down Steff ****ing Curry in the paint. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I have believed for a while now that no one actually likes playing with Bron, its just that they know they can get rings with him. Or at least those playoff checks. 

He seems like a dick on the court. And I would have soooo sooo so much problem with him trying to boss me around on the floor like a coach but then pass out of a look with him backing down Steff ****ing Curry in the paint. 

Lebron is selfish too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Will the Cavs actually be able to trade Irving this off season? I mean nobody will give them equal value knowing that he wants out.

He's got a few years left on his deal though.  His value is probably as good as it's going to get and the longer the wait, the less control they retain, the less they are likely to get in return.